No announcement yet.

Air Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome! cant wait to see more progression!

Haha i think i recognize those air struts, did you get them from a guy named mitch with an EG civic?
    i was eying them up for a while trying to think of a project for them. have you ever thought about the acura EL front end?

also screw the honda-tech 'purists'! they may have great tech info but i can do without their narrow-minded opinions on ride height and style haha

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

This I am excited for. Something different!

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
        good rust free start! id take dings and dents over rust any day

pics are what make a good build thread.

any more future plans? wheels? paint? do tell
        Don't have very specific plans for the car yet, I'm kinda just plan as I go type guy lol. Would like to get the type-r rear lip, possibly the front lip as well. Wheels I'm not sure about yet, probably end up with something old school. As for paint, it will stay black, I will try and fix the paint to as close to mint as possible, if I do change the colour it will be a vinyl wrap job. Better to have good paint under the vinyl first though I figure.
        Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
        oh snap
        Crackle, pop.
        Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        You've done such a nice job with the Saturn so I really can't wait to see how this turns out.
        Originally posted by lazyrs View Post
        looking forward to how this turns out
        Originally posted by Belvader View Post
        this is gonna be good!!
        Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
        This WILL be dope!
        Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words
        Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
        Yep i'm happy!!! Can't wait to see what you're going to do.. are you going to sell the Saturn now?
        The saturn for now is still my daily, it will be kept for at least a little while. May end up keeping both cars. Only time will tell
        Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
        I cant wait to see where this goes
        Thanks!
        Originally posted by MixDuP View Post
        Hopefully I can see this thing next time I'm in town!!
        If your ever in town I'll make sure to try and meet up again!
        Originally posted by Ben_S View Post
        As with the rest of your random builds, I'm gonna go ahead and Sub
        Thanks mang
        Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
        How could I not give the warmest of man hugs for this?

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
        Loved your Saturn, in for this
        Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
        Thanks man
        Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
        What is this? Non-junkyard parts?

And you are ruining a perfectly good handling car how dare you, heathen.
        HahAhAHa a good handling honda! Lol good one mic...... Wait a minute, I own a honda to now.... Darn, no more honda jokes.
        Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
        You shut your whore mouth Micah! There are junkyard parts and the other stuff is used so its still junkyard budget.

Originally posted by crxmarc View Post
        This is awesome! cant wait to see more progression!

Haha i think i recognize those air struts, did you get them from a guy named mitch with an EG civic?
        i was eying them up for a while trying to think of a project for them. have you ever thought about the acura EL front end?

also screw the honda-tech 'purists'! they may have great tech info but i can do without their narrow-minded opinions on ride height and style haha
        Forgot his name, definitely had a black eg with white itr wheels and an s2000 cluster. Thought about it when I couldn't find a hood or bumper at the junkyard, think ill stay with the original bumpers though.
        Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
        This I am excited for. Something different!
        Thank ya sir! Hopefully it's a little different, always been wary of building a honda cause there are millions of them out there that are modified. Hard to make them unique without throwing on 19" Dayton's
        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

sooo update time!

Someone was selling a new type-r replica grill. the kid had bought 2 in case he messed up painting on the first one, so I snatched it up for a bargain

it looks black in the first pic, but its really just a darkish grey plastic so I painted it to match the rest of the car.

Also picked up a new bumper that came with a free replica type-R lip

it looks good from far, but it really needs some love. It seems like someone repainted it somewhere along its life so parts of it are rough.

there are no breaks in it though so a proper paint prep should fix all the small imperfections and scratches.

Was having thoughts of shaving the rear wiper off the hatch, but it seemed to be a pretty big hassle, especially when I don't yet know how to weld.

luckily i stumbled across another hatch the same color with no wiper. some off the clear needs to be touched up, but thats not a big deal.

didn't feel like swapping the wing tonight so the stock one is still on. needs the honda emblem still, but i plan on shaving the civic and cx emblems as well as removing the dealer logo.

And now for my favorite bit! picked up a deck for the car. still trying to find little bits and pieces for my dash swap, and have a deck install kit ordered for the radio but i couldn't resit not mocking it up.

and a better picture of what it looks like running.

Comment

fuck yea!

Comment

Woot! Woot!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Much good! Woot!

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Soooo, I have run intgo a few setbacks. first off I have found that one of the air shocks is toast, (the shock absorber itself is leaking oil) so new front shocks are gonna have to be ordered.

as well the snow is officially here which severely limits my use of the garage.

now for the good stuff!

guess ill start with the audio goods.
                  I wanted a subwoofer that didn't fill my entire trunk so i decided on a 8" woofer.

yes... this is an 8".... the great thing about it however is the maximum box size for it is around .6 cubic feet. if the box is any larger it will literally pull itself apart

and my front speakers also arrived. I absolutely love the Mb quarts i have in my other car (they will be moved over and installed in the back) and decided I couldn't go wrong with another set.

and I somehow managed to score a set of Si tweeter mirror caps at the junkyard so ive started to swap the oem tweeters out.

While at the yard I also scored a Crv map light. Figured it would be easy to add in.

and while it sat around waiting to be installed I decided to convert it to led using these.

old shiz removed, and unnecessary tab dremeled and removed.

lights in

original ground lead drilled to allow soldering

all finished

still need to be painted black though

and of course they still come on individually but are bright as hell now

now this is gonna sound really stupid possibly, but I would like the rest of the build to go exactly like the map lights. I want to leave my mark on almost every piece that goes into this car. I want all of my work on this to challenge me to become a better builder, to try and learn new things, and to advance my skills. I want to be proud of every singe detail that I've done to the car with absolutely no shortcuts taken. I would like everything on the car to seem almost as if it could have come from a factory, yet upgraded and updated. maybe I'm becoming OCD

Also while at the yard I stumbled across this "Glove box" thing from an RSX. I figured it would be a great way to either conceal the accuair controller or my phone and radio plug-ins.

plus it would look much better then the ugly open din slot in front of the shifter

it wasn't exactly a perfect fit, so i had to drill some holes

and in!

Now at this point I'm sure you are all bored out of your minds, but what can I say... this will be a build of small details.

The cars interior is a horrid shade of cheap looking grey that I cannot stand. Its in the process of being changed to all black e'rything.

look at this ugly mofo speaker cover...

and the one on the opposite side that I've painted black. as an added bonus it makes the parts look almost brand new

I also converted to '99-'00 tailights (no orange, all clear signals)

and scored some baller valeo bronze headlamps that need some small internal repairs.

And I've decided on a scheme which will take inspiration from these two epic bikes.

I would usually apologize for the long post but....

Comment

Loving everything you're doing.. sorry to hear about the struts

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Def excited about this build. I see you going in a great direction with it

Comment

Definitely in for this

'07 Audi A3 3.2Q

Comment

this has the makings to be a great build good luck man. civic hatches have been growing on me like crazy recently.
                          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

nice build

Comment

Looking good so far, Can't wait to see where this goes!

Volo In Timore

Comment

I really can't wait to see how this build turns out

Comment

Working...
                                X