Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'the 43sec project'

Bending an aluminum piece to a possible shift lever. result:

Ehm, looks like a pile of poop, could be useful though..

Comment

this looks awesome !

Comment

Blue 'n Blue

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
        this looks awesome !
        Thanks!

Speaking of 'the 43 second project' it became a '2h43s project'

DID NAT know i had this kind of fabrication skills without further adieu, i present: THE SHITLONG BRUSHED ALUMINUM SHIFT LEVER

Comment

This is it for today.. Should've gone further down an inch or so but I don't wanna rip it off after 2 minutes.

Next time im near some tools im thinking i'll fit the rubber boot back, and clean the inside of my car. Or rip it out. Or..

btw. it's kinda heavy in comparison to the original thingy, and im in some desperate need of short shift..

Cheers!

Comment

Hello again!

Would really appreciate some kind words or constructive criticism so we can get to page 2
            This one is starting to get pretty heavy to load

Today it was time for some rear bushes..
            Only a few where changed since i'm going with uniballs at some places, and we had no time to turn some stuff in a lathe(?) that would be needed..
            It mostly played ball with us today, although we hade to put in a new screw at one place. Nothing the welder wouldn't fix fast though..

Lets'e go!

Pulled this one out on one side at a time, and fitted the new bushes in

Then it was time for the panhard, and since the 'new' adjustable one said SPF0523 we didn't change the bush.
            When I ordered the bushes i didnt know i was gonna be handed this panhard bar for free, so i ordered this one and thought we we're going uniball in the other end,
            to easily get it adjustable on the uniball side of it. (Tip of the day!(?))
            We got the length wrong the first time, but it was an easy fix. Now i have the same tuck on both sides

Last and least, it was time for the rubber boot to go back around the shift lever..
            Found out that Volvo didnt change the design for the rubber under the holding frame for a long time
            I know the inside is gross, dust wise. Next up is to tidy the cars inside.. Think i will lift the seats out to get it clean.

Representing the motherland (felt really creative the day I did this ^^)

And a bonus, Woxter (the guy who has helped me with the bushes and bent the lever) built an engine lifter in three afternoon breaks at work.
            Will be lowered by 2", otherwise I think it will work pretty well.
            He will be changing clutch on his Supra MkIV and he talked something about the engine being heavy in one end so some support would be good.
            Length cut garden hose will go one the stands as well, to avoid scratching the bay..

Have a great day guys, and as stated above, some words would be awesome.
            If not for anything else for some motivation.
            Will clean the inside of the car this week, other than that I dont really know what to do..

Cheers!

Comment

It's looking good and coming together rather well. I dont know if I'll use a panhard on mine just yet as I'm planning on doing a rear end swap.can't wait to see the car on some wider wheels!

Comment

how do you guys run the US marker lights?

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                  It's looking good and coming together rather well. I dont know if I'll use a panhard on mine just yet as I'm planning on doing a rear end swap.can't wait to see the car on some wider wheels!
                  Thanks man! About wider wheels.. I absolutely love OEM-wheels so the only thing wider than this would probably 8x17 or 8x18.. I love lip, stretch, poke and all that, but not on this one.

I won't allow this to go full retard ^^

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  how do you guys run the US marker lights?

To fit them, I had to cut down/away/off/out everything that held the original marker light until it went flush with the headlight, and then I took "wood-screws", one from underneath and one into the headlight from the engine bay.

And then i put my bumper back on That's the worst part about how I did it..

And about the looks, I believe I run US-style, with no headlights and no lights on in the marker lights.

So they only blink amber when I blink.

(A lot of people back here run with amber on all the time and "turning them off" while they blink. Clearly that's a five-o magnet so it's not an option.

And I want to believe my car looks kinda mad with no lights on

Comment

Not that I have anything awesome to compare with, but the handling is awesome

In comparison to a standard 940, a lowered 940 and some seriously low 940s, the handling is amazing.

Now I'm putting some better tires, sway bars, and better brakes on my wish list

Btw, what is the American expression for checking your vehicle once a year? MOT?

Comment

looks good, the wheels fit that car very well. Does it have positive camber in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by fivefourzero View Post
                        looks good, the wheels fit that car very well. Does it have positive camber in the rear?
                        Thank you! I think so too, and compared to Ocean Mk18/Volvo Pegasus it's a not so common combination

Regarding the rear wheels, I hope it doesn't since the axle is solid..

I have a friend with a rally 740 with negative camber since the axle has bent from landing but positive camber should be somewhat of impossible.

I'm thinking it's a combination of two things:

1) Negative camber up front
                        2) An optical illusion from the lens of the camera since the rear wheels often are further out from the middle of the photograph.

I haven't had a wheel alignment adjustment yet, but here is a photo of the front wheel.

I'll try to to the same with the rear wheel when im on a surface level next time
                        (hard to get a good photo with all my tuck )

Thanks for watching

Comment

Well well well! isnt it my boy! Looking awesome Peter!
                          Last edited by RaekmAcKaN; 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaekmAcKaN View Post
                            Well well well! isnt it my boy! Looking awesome Peter!

it sure is! Thanks Gus

Well, street season is over "over here" imo. Pulled the car out of traffic, got some money back from insurance since i paid for a whole year back in April..

Cleaned the interior A LOT but won't post any pictures since i only have before cleaning it, and then it will just look as if im gross. A lot of the shit weren't mine tho as previous owner lives on a milk farm and has gravel road a few kilometers to his house from the highway..

Other things previous owner did was cut a big hole in my dashboard, mounting the awful looking gauges that can be seen in some pics.. That is now deleted, leaving a 1" hole in the dash along with four smalles ones for mounting... Hopefully i can switch the dashboard in the winter but im not hoping for anything..

And another thing he did was paint the engine block Kawasaki-green. And with some bad cheap paint that i can now pull off the engine with my fingertips. That def. has to go. Im hoping i can respray it flat black. I know it's a redblock but black does the trick for me.

The car now sits 60cm off the ground w/o wheels, no picture of that tho. Have to get back to you on that one..

This was how it looked last minute on the streets:

Hopefully some better info/update/pictures next time.

Thanks for watching, cheers

Comment

Please, continue!

Comment

****** on previous owner day

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
                                Please, continue!
                                Sir, yes, Sir!

So, the time has come to **** on the previous owner a bit. He's a farmer, sure. But that doesn't mean you should build your on battery box heavier than the battery itself, nor paint the engine block Kawasaki Ninja-green..

Started taking the car apart a bit today, but didn't get very far. Water is still in the cooling system and the oil is still in there, so this will do as an update.

Pics ahead (sorry for close ups, my shorter lens died the lens death..)

The fucken hole in the dash.. Sorry for really really bad picture..

The battery box, atleast he moved it out back before he built this... thingy.

The lid

The kit

Forest of screws

Compared to the new one (it's $12 btw.. not even worth building anything else for..)

aaaaaaaaaaaaand, the engine block

This is how "far" i came today..

More of a diary than a build thread, i know. But im learning by doing.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X