The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kazarn View Post
    Amazing result!!!!! where did you get the grits?? and did you make all the polishing process by hand?? didn't you use an electric drill or something???
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I purchased all of the sandpaper at the local auto parts store. I use 120 grit on a rubber sanding block to smooth out the curb rash. Then use the 120 grit by hand (fingers) to knock down the machining grooves. This process took me about 3 hours per wheel. Then I use 220,400 grits dry. I start using water at 600 and continue through 3000. After 1500 I use Mothers aluminum polish between grits to ensure that I have removed all of the previous grit scratches. If I missed any...I go back over the wheel with the previous grit. Trying to remove a 1200 grit scratch with a 2000 grit paper is damn near impossible. I do it all by hand...no power tools.
    I hope this helps
    sigpic
    1995 318ti Active/Club Sport clone
    2002 330cic

Comment

• Of course it helps, I'm about to do my second set of RC, and I think I'm going to follow your steps, one more picture of the set I'm mounting now (I'll restore it after making up the second set):

Comment

• Damn that's a lot of work. Good thing wheel polishing in So Cal is pretty cheap.

Comment

• My Styling5's

Comment

• Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            Damn that's a lot of work. Good thing wheel polishing in So Cal is pretty cheap.
            +1
            Oh yeaaaaahhh....

Comment

• not everybody has that luck

Comment

• Sooo, how is this for style 5 lips?

Started of with this:

And this is what I've ended up with.
                Mind you, I still have to open up all the holes. But for now I'm just going to let them sit to see how the foil holds. Still have a couple of months untill the weather clears up and I can slap these wheels back on.

Comment

• Interesting... IDK how to feel about it, but it looks good haha.

Comment

• sigpic
                    1995 318ti Active/Club Sport clone
                    2002 330cic

Comment

• Where did you get the polished hex caps from?

Comment

• Comment

• too bad can't get any lower because of roads quality

Comment

• Comment

• If i heard correct BBS RS bolts will work with these wheels right? Gonna get some and didnt want to order the wrong ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
                                If i heard correct BBS RS bolts will work with these wheels right? Gonna get some and didnt want to order the wrong ones.
                                According to a lot of other threads yes they will work fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X