No announcement yet.

Who the hell stances out a Dodge Omni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see how this turns out, sorry about your shitty luck tho.
    The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
    Originally posted by Dubway5887
    I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Woah quite a story...I'm curious to see where it goes. I think these Omni's were called "Chrysler Sunbeam" in Europe and had some pretty awesome factory race cars with Lotus engines etc..
      Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

i like where this is headed. this reads like a crazy story man. lol
        My Build

Comment

lol, there's been some good times, and some broken times... it's been love/****.

A few things to note from that last pic of the car on the lift:
          A.) The big ass dent in the hatch that I'm sure was a result of dude attempting to get the engine into the trunk when he dipped outta the shop that car was in.
          B.) It still has the bootleg NJ plate on it... lol
          IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

believe it or not, i saw one of these on craigslist awhile back that was pretty low. i saved the pics i gotta get them off my other laptop ill post them soon

Comment

like 10 mins ago i was looking on craigslist and thought about looking one of these up for a new project to stance but you beat me to it.
              Instagram: Dariusrusu
              Vwvortex: Vwdubluvin

c by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/55829963@N05/]

Comment

Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
                believe it or not, i saw one of these on craigslist awhile back that was pretty low. i saved the pics i gotta get them off my other laptop ill post them soon
                I've seen a few lowered over the years, mostly pretty crude jobs, and none with any thought to stance. The turbo dodge community is pretty conservative in that regard.
                I always thought that these cars have a good amount of factory fender flare... they beg to have some serious width tires to fill them out!

On another note, I went searching through my old files and found the original hand sketch I did of what I wanted to do with the car back in 06. It's not 100% but the vision has stayed pretty true.

Things of note on the sketch:
                -Slammed/stanced: didnt know at the time how I'd get there, but knew that was gonna be a huge part of the story
                -Widened steelies: the sketch shows the original set of 5x100 steelies that I bought for it, though that plan changed a little bit (more on that as the story continues)
                -Badgeless grille: (more on that later as well)
                -Shortened bumpers:can you tell that I was inspired by the VW scene? The omni had no less than 4" of air between the body and the bumpers = goofy as hell.
                Last edited by dart165; 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Holy "sketch". I see you have some good drawing skills.

Comment

I feel fairly certain you and I have conversed via email.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                      I feel fairly certain you and I have conversed via email.
                      Hey Dave, Yeah, thats me. The car was on a "Theme Tuesday" in it's last configuration before I tore it apart to do the bodywork.

Comment

looking forward to this!
                        08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Love this, if the final product looks anything like your sketch it's going to be awesome

Comment

Chapter 3: Running, for a second.

It's 2007, and it's up and running! (here's what it looked like at the time) As you can see it was still in it's shitbox guise, as all the money had gone to get it running right.
                            August 06 1
                            IMG_3036
                            August 06 2

Holy 4x4 ride height!

I decided to have it Dynoed again with the rebuilt motor. The car pushed 284 and i was pretty geeked. I was driving home form the testing, when about a mile from my house (I had since moved out of Detroit to one of the burbs) it started making noise like I was dragging a coffee can under it.
                            All of a sudden 3rd gear exploded and locked down the car did a full lock slide from 35mph to 0 in the middle of a four lane road, and that was that.

...Apparently my Nike traded trans wasn’t really feeling the power the motor was putting out. Back into hibernation it went.
                            Last edited by dart165; 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

please keep going...

Comment

Love how thorough this build thread is, it really conveys the hardships of being an Omni owner.

That sketch is amazing.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X