• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man!
    My build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

Great fabrication work, going to look so cool!
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

nice! I know how much of a pain those Factory rear bags can be. Watch out as they like to split and crack. Ive got a couple sets in my shed from when it had the factory air. Now My cars on hydraulics
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Thanks for all the awsome feedback guys! I need to pick up a spare front bag and a junkyard rear for those long hauls. Rear factory bags are just F9000 wich are what i would have purchased to go in anyway, this way no fab work other than the solenoid eliminator/air line adapter.

Springs, Shocks and Sway Bar Out!

Upper Cups mocked up

Plumbing done, tanks in primer and AZ comp mounted. The comp moved to up under the front bumper due to noise and it should stay cooler there. Also DOT air line is cheaper than 6 ga. Wire.

Temporary switch box, something nice is on the to-do list.

Front up under air bag power.

Front Down, trimming of bump stops ensued later

First look at her all layed out!

Shock bracket in the works, I had to invert them and move them outboard, I used the sway bar hole in the LCA and made a bracket to hold the other end, they are mono-tube oil shocks so inverting them is OK.

Painted the Upper Cups

Had to cup the LCA’s to make more clearance for the bags

A must, NEW ball joints.

Now it’s all tweaked it’s got to look good! POR15

"The Merc" (1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS)

Done: FBSS Air Ride, PI Dual Exhaust, LED Gauge Back Light, LED Interior Lamps, Custom Gauge Overlays, Infinity/Alpine Sound, 20% Tint, Sanden EDC, 18" Magnaflow muffs and 3" tips.

Future: 3.55:1 with Trac-Loc, More Lows (Commence to Cutting), Wheel spacers for better fitment, Possibly New Wheels.

Comment

Love the last pic. Wouldnt change a thing. well...maybe more sub, thats a big trunk for one 10.
            l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
            sigpic

Comment

i love this i had a 2002 grand marquis this is exactly what i wanted to do with it.

Comment

Dude, YES! Love what you've done with this Merc man.

I think some Work LeadSleds would be awesome.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1FndGrxztd...wheelImage.png
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

wow yes ^ those wheels would kill it man perfect. or if you cant find those go with some full moon american muscle car wheels same style domed chromed wheel LOLZZ
                  C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

I'm not crazy about the old school sled style wheel, I should photo shop it to get an idea.

I do like this.

I really want to have a deep lip on all four corners! I think more spokes will be similar to wires without crossing the line to lowrider? I was going for modern Lead Sled though, time to fire up PS.

Done: FBSS Air Ride, PI Dual Exhaust, LED Gauge Back Light, LED Interior Lamps, Custom Gauge Overlays, Infinity/Alpine Sound, 20% Tint, Sanden EDC, 18" Magnaflow muffs and 3" tips.

Future: 3.55:1 with Trac-Loc, More Lows (Commence to Cutting), Wheel spacers for better fitment, Possibly New Wheels.

Comment

Looks great! have fun with the front cross member and those bars haha. heres mine

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                        Looks great! have fun with the front cross member and those bars haha. heres mine

Nice! Is that a Vic/Marquis?

Comment

Towncar, Same platform.

Comment

Awesome, love it

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

This is awesome. I had the chance to get my Grandparent's 2001 Grand Marquis with like 55,000 miles on it. I passed on it at the time because that meant I had to give up my Focus, but I would still like to do this at some point. Love panthers.
                              2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                              LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                              Build Thread
                              My Flickr

Comment

OK let’s tell some more stories… I switched gears from the air ride temporarily.

Random shots...

Lots of room for flushness improvements, or different wheels!

Repainted behind my grill!

Also painted the centre portion of the grill to reduce the chrome overload!

Learned something about having a bagged car! No matter how cool it looks aired out on a lawn don’t do it when the exhaust is piping hot, especially after a draught! This could have ended badly!

Decided I wanted some new gauges, got to work drawing something up.

Worked with company on line to have them made, I will make them myself next time though.

Old

I removed all of the 194 incandescent lamps that were used for illumination and swapped to strips of SMD LED’s.

New gauge faces installed into bezel.

BTW, I later swapped the high beam indicator to a blue LED replacement to make it blue. LOL, OCD!

Now that my gauges were going to be illuminated blue I’m not going to be happy with the factory green illumination on everything else. In this picture I swapped an earlier clock that was a teal colour, I adjust this later. The HVAC controls are still green.

To address the clocks teal colour I ordered some blue lexan from eBay to make a new filter.

See the difference!? I know still looks teal, picture does that for some reason.

Now the same thing for the display on the HAVC control module.

Unfortunately the teal HVAC control modules actually have the colour printed on to them as part of the manufacturing process. I though the best bet would be to swap the lights from incandescent to blue LED’s. It helped but further changes are required. I lost my red temp up button illumination; I’m not done with this yet.

I am much more pleased with the effect of the blue LED in the fan speed control than the blue LED's used in the rest of the buttons, again, I will revisit this at some point.

Here is a better more recent shot.

Then I swapped all of my interior lamps for LED’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X