• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls VI: Pleiades 86 Subaru GL-10

"Could the legends be true?"
    "Legends dont burn down villages..."

Elder Scrolls VI: Pleiades
    I've got a 1986 Subaru GL-10, I traded an MR2 i got for $500 and $1000 on top of it, This may very well be the only rust free GL-10 in Minnesota, and may be the ONLY GL-10 in MN, there is a red one to be rumored to be in existence here but the rumors are few and far between. Options i have on this car are: Digital Dashboard, Active Ride Height, Trip Computer/Range computer, power windows and locks, sunroof, every option available except leather seats if they were offered.

Mechanically it is an EA82T, Subaru's second turboed engine. It is unintercooled and the slowest engine ive ever had in my life (runner up is a D15B running on 3cylinders). The transmission is an Automatic 3 speed, which when coupled with the motor makes for a very long trip to 60 mph (16 seconds at 65 degrees going downhill)

It sits high but its because this shit is a massive pain in the dick to lower.

I lowered the front 2 inches with Subaru XT struts, which did seem to help the look. The back is dropping 2" on some Eibach replacement coilover struts sized at 9"x2.5" (stock is 11"x2.5")

Then i hit the wheels with some 150 grit sandpaper to clean them up, i still have a ways to go.

But so far that's where I am now, final product will be 5x100 swapped (GC impreza front suspension, XT6 rear suspension) lowered another 2" on subaru impreza coilovers up front and legacy coils in back. Power will come from an EJ family engine, most likely an EJ25 with a WRX or STI turbo kit/intake manifold mated to a first gen Legacy 5 speed transmission. So stay tuned guys...
    Last edited by j3wman; 03-21-2016, 04:25 PM.
    "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

I'm subscribing to this!
    Dude... i had the chance to buy one of these back in the days, but didn't do it, so it'll be fun to se what you're planning to do with it

Its allowed to stop by my threads and say hi!

STANCE|INTHEWORKS

Comment

Ok I'm in but only because of ES.
      Volvo Build Thread
      Bmw Build Thread
      Toyota Build Thread
      zanebonk instagram
      Tumblrrrr

Comment

Had to look up what an XT was, I didn't know they sold 1st gen alcyone's in the US.

Looks great though, thats a pretty clean looking GL you got there.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

i cant wait to see what this thing looks like. i have a 92 loyale with a ej22e swap and xt6 suspension. running 99 rs wheels. if you have any questions with the swap or are anywhere near duluth i would be happy to lend a hand with this beautiful machine

Comment

I took a arrow to the knee...
            When in doubt, cut it out...
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39445 <<<<<<< Check out my BUILD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GR1B View Post
              i cant wait to see what this thing looks like. i have a 92 loyale with a ej22e swap and xt6 suspension. running 99 rs wheels. if you have any questions with the swap or are anywhere near duluth i would be happy to lend a hand with this beautiful machine
              What color is yours? yours might be the one i've heard about! o.O

Honestly the swap seems straight forward the bitch is in finding Subaru XT6 rear hubs.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
              Had to look up what an XT was, I didn't know they sold 1st gen alcyone's in the US.

Looks great though, thats a pretty clean looking GL you got there.
              I only knew about it because my old friend MadMike parted out one he got that was made of rust back in the day, bought the car for $575 parted it and made $5000, including scrapping the body.
              "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

YES another MN build!!!
                That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Oh whats up dude? What do you drive?

Comment

Originally posted by j3wman View Post
                    Mechanically it is an EA81T, Subaru's first turboed engine.
                    Are you sure? Unless it's been swapped, it should be an EA82T.

These are neat cars - I had a couple of Loyales and I loved them to death. Once you've got it low, an RX grille would really clean up the front end.

Comment

Shit typo my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                        Are you sure? Unless it's been swapped, it should be an EA82T.

These are neat cars - I had a couple of Loyales and I loved them to death. Once you've got it low, an RX grille would really clean up the front end.
                        Yeah that would look dope that and a loyale front bumper

Comment

"dude you gotta buy a wagon you cant get in trouble with a wagon. except for pickin up to many bitches...bitches love wagons"
                          Ever say something that immediately warrants a facebook status?

Comment

Well im open downpipe now, sounds great! I took this girl i know on a date to go see The Warriors and she said

"This sounds like Chewbacca masturbating"

I got laid after it. Wagons rule.

Comment

I'm excited to see this thing come together

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X