'82 Volvo: An Exercise in Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corey View Post
    Dope! What part of norcal are you from??
    Thanks! I'm about 20 miles south of SF
    Originally posted by Rocambolesque View Post

Keep up the good work!
    Haha thank you, yes the problems of the low life

Originally posted by ktfright View Post
    This car is ridiculous! I love this Volvo.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Next update will be making/installing coil overs, just waiting on shipping.
    '82 Volvo 242 build
    '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Late Summer Update

Hey guys, I left for college on August 25th, and got the car back from the shop (where it had been for 7 weeks) around 4 days before that. I did not get that much work done, but it does have some new improvements that I think are worth the 7 week wait.

She now has 2 recaro pole positions in black, with 4 point harnesses from Status racing in red. Also a simple cage with a hoop and two supports going back:

I also got Bilstein HDs for the rear:

And some sideskirts off a v70 in the pick n pull which I'm gonna try to make fit:

As for the wheels, it is sort of confusing but basically I only wanted to end up buy one pair of hardware from CCW i.e. 2 lips or 2 barrels, so with the parts I have available and the new 4" lips I got from CCW the final sizes will be- front: 16x9.5 with a 7" lip, rear: 16x11 with a 7.5" lip.

This seems crazy at first but the steelies I have now are close to a 5" lip in the rear so making these fit shouldn't be terrible. The fronts have around a 3 or 4" lip and they fit with untouched fenders; adding 3" inches will doable with flaring and camber.

This also means that the 15 year old barrels will now be visible on the wheels since they will be lips. That equates to a lot of sanding. Lots. And lots of sanding.

they started off like this:

then this:

then this:

I am not done sanding yet, not even close, but leaving for college put a damper on my progress.

and these are the what the final wheel sizes will look like:
      Front- 16x9.5 with 7" lip

Rear- 16x11 with 7.5" lip

These are just some pics I took the day before I left so I had some to look at when ever I miss her:

No fucks given fender lol

Not much of an update but when I am back over christmas break I should have some interesting updates on the fenders and possibly coil overs if they ever ship from Kaplhenke. Feel free to leave feedback, good or bad, doesn't matter.
      '82 Volvo 242 build
      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

damn good start! very curious to see how this wheel experiment turns out.
        025garage

Comment

Fuck what I would do for a 2 door Volvo, love what you're doing, curious to see how the wheels turn out. Take them with you!!

Comment

looks good, in for this

Comment

if the wheels work out, this will be epic
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looking awesome. Reminds me of my 7 in a way. Also, you need my euro plate

Comment

WOW, that's so cool. I wish my 242GT look that bad! I'M IN!!!!
                  BMW 528i e12 1980, Volvo 850R 1996, Volvo 242GT 1980 YEAHH!!1

Comment

Awesome coupe. I want one.

Those wheels are going to look absolutely crazy. I hope they work out for you!

Comment

Those wheels are gonna look badass. Maybe put sum small overfender on it, to cover the butchered fenders. From a golf MK2 maybe?

Comment

I am weirdly into this project, although old Volvo's arent my cuppa! Those wheels should be awesomee

Sub'd
                        Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                        Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                        This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I myself am curious as to how the wheels will turn out. For the fenders I was thinking somethings along the lines of these 2 cars:

It is obviously flared but still flows well with the body lines, and doesn't look awkwardly bolted on
                          '82 Volvo 242 build
                          '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Drifting Pics

Not an update, but these are pictures from my friends Flickr of some parking lot drifting.

He's got some cool photos here's the link if you wanna take a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7434059...th/8379735586/

They're not the greatest, but we were still doing warm up runs when a cop showed up, so this is the best I got..

At this point I'm just waiting to get back home to start on the fenders.. More updates to come!
                            '82 Volvo 242 build
                            '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

I am beyond excited to see how this turns out. Looking great so far. I would damn near kill to have a 242t

Comment

in to see how these wheels turn out
                                Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X