Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help from German users.

Hey guys,

I am looking for German users that can lend me hand in helping to find a Golf MK2 1,6d or TD.

I know of mobile.de, and i have importet cars from Germany to Denmark before, but during this time, i have made mistakes.

First of all, i would to know about the license plates, both times i have importet cars, we went with the Yellow lable plates, that from my understanding only are legal to use inside Germany, where as you can get Red lable plates (Import/export plates??) from what i have heard?

Can anyone confirm this? If so, does anyone know the price on these plates?

I am looking for an MK2 at around 500euro, and then hoping to beat the price down to 400euro. I'd like to stay in a budget of around 600euro for car and plates to get it out of germany.

Next issue is, i dont speak German, even thou i do tend to spend more and more time in Germany, but i tend to get around with English. But a helping hand with license plate info, and maybe other online traders would be very nice.

Thank you

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

the yellow labled plates regularly are accepted just for domestic use here and they have a validity for 5 days plus new regulations in germany saying that only the applicant (not his wife, mother, father, brother, co-driver, etc...) is permitted to use the plates...

the red labeled are for exporting vehicles...it has a validity for 3 months...for those three month it is taxable....the car needs to be road legal within this time and you have to get it to the road traffic department...it costs about 40€ administrative charge, 17-30€ for the plates, taxes for 3 month which depends on displacement and emisson standards, gas or diesel (diesel is more expensive especially on bad emission standards)...something around 120€ for a mk2 1.6d with euro 1...and the insurance charge but idk how much it is...depends on the insurance company...

for both plates you have to be resident in germany...i guess when you went with the yellow ones, you didn't get them on your own, right?

putting the car on a trailer is cheaper and easier...

i still don't get it why that type of issues still are that kind of pain in the ass within the european union...i thought the goal of that whole "eu" shit is becoming "one"...still doesn't work out that nice, huh?...

what are your requirements to the condition of the car...we have tons of mk2 on the web for sale but pricing policy is confusing sometimes...you can get bad for cheap, good for cheap, high priced shit, average for average, high priced survivors or real cool barn finds for cheap or a cool trade...
    Last edited by SuperMegaDeathRay; 08-01-2013, 08:47 AM.
    I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMegaDeathRay View Post
      the yellow labled plates regularly are accepted just for domestic use here and they have a validity for 5 days plus new regulations in germany saying that only the applicant (not his wife, mother, father, brother, co-driver, etc...) is permitted to use the plates...

the red labeled are for exporting vehicles...it has a validity for 3 months...for those three month it is taxable....the car needs to be road legal within this time and you have to get it to the road traffic department...it costs about 40€ administrative charge, 17-30€ for the plates, taxes for 3 month which depends on displacement and emisson standards, gas or diesel (diesel is more expensive especially on bad emission standards)...something around 120€ for a mk2 1.6d with euro 1...and the insurance charge but idk how much it is...depends on the insurance company...

for both plates you have to be resident in germany...i guess when you went with the yellow ones, you didn't get them on your own, right?

putting the car on a trailer is cheaper and easier...

i still don't get it why that type of issues still are that kind of pain in the ass within the european union...i thought the goal of that whole "eu" shit is becoming "one"...still doesn't work out that nice, huh?...

what are your requirements to the condition of the car...we have tons of mk2 on the web for sale but pricing policy is confusing sometimes...you can get bad for cheap, good for cheap, high priced shit, average for average, high priced survivors or real cool barn finds for cheap or a cool trade...
      In any case, i would be looking at the Yellow labled plates, since i just visit the police and get plates once im into denmark, i did that last time with my BMW.

The Yellow plates i got last time with my BMW, (6years ago), this man in a car came, took my info, and money, came back 2 hours later with plates.

Are you sure that someone out side Gemmany cant get the yellow plates?

I dont have the option of a trailer, i'd fly down, and drive home.

The mk2 i am looking for is 3door. Decent condition, as little rust as possible. i dont care for how far its driven, i have a spare MK2 already with too much rust to fix.

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre3400 View Post
        In any case, i would be looking at the Yellow labled plates, since i just visit the police and get plates once im into denmark, i did that last time with my BMW.

The Yellow plates i got last time with my BMW, (6years ago), this man in a car came, took my info, and money, came back 2 hours later with plates.

Are you sure that someone out side Gemmany cant get the yellow plates?

I dont have the option of a trailer, i'd fly down, and drive home.

The mk2 i am looking for is 3door. Decent condition, as little rust as possible. i dont care for how far its driven, i have a spare MK2 already with too much rust to fix.
        well that confuses me a bit...i don't know how he gets you the plates...the last time (6 weeks ago) i got the yellows i pretty much had problems getting them because i currently have no registered residence here so i requested it with my business registration...i'm gonna call the department for information next week...

visit autoscout.de or ebay.kleinanzeigen.de...i will also look out for any offerings...

Comment

the yellow plates are for use im COMPLETE schengen europe. but ONLY to bring cars FROM germany.

the red labeled are called "export" plates and are nothing else than plates for the COSTUMS -> plates outside schengen europe.

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

our local department told me different...they gave me the advise to ask the police in the respective country where i want to go with car...anyway you need to be a german resident...maybe a question of interpretation...

Comment

Well i dont know about the rules how they are right now, but i am also confused, since i dont speak German it does not make it easier.

But i currently just looking, i have set my buying date to around Jan/feb 2014.

The car i am looking for needs to be a running car. 1,6d or 1,6 TD , or one that is aleady converted with the 1,9TD from the Golf MK3. The car is going to be a daily running car, so least amount of rust wins lol, and i am looking for an undamaged car! As the one i have now, has had the right rear fixed badly, and it rusting because water can get in by the rear light.

I am looking for cars around Hanover, maybe a bit more south but not to much, in case i forced to use a trailer.

But I would be very happy to have more information on how the export or the yellow plates works, with out a doubt So i can start planning.

Comment

Working...
              X