No announcement yet.

A Build Better than the Last: e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, wait, WAIT. What's the story of the Mustang?
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by JackDatBoi View Post
      Car's looking insane man! Just wondering about the front springs...can they be easily cut? I've had a mate say they're egg shaped which means it's impossible! But I'm pretty sure they're just normal, cuttable springs haha.
      Normal cuttable springs for sure. Just straight up and down, no eggs here.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
      Wait, wait, WAIT. What's the story of the Mustang?
      Oh my Dad just bought that. 67 shelby, pretty rad. 5 speed swap and paint are in store for that car.

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Lets hang loser

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Rad.

My girlfriend's e21 is the same color.

Comment

I will have to continue when its back up

Comment

im watching.

e39 540it, chiaretto e39 M5, techno e36 m3 vert, E34 Orient 540i, E21 Euro 323i, E46 330i Sedan

Comment

So some serious stuff is starting to commence. Really hammered some work on the e21 this weekend. Solid progress is being made and a end product is in sight

Took this A/C junk out. Probably weights 25 pounds, not to mention the HP drain. Plus it is hideous. I will regret the previous statement when its summer. haha nahhhh windows down always. look at my neck i got a carrot cake.

The next thing I did was install this wiper ball joint thing for a mono wiper. It took a little bit to figure out and fine tune the wiper/ coverage. I will have to cut part of the stud of the wiper mount I am not using and weld the hole shut. This will allow the whole wiper assembly to work in the same way with one wiper installed. I think mono wipers are classic.

Then I me and my father attacked the intake manifold, which ended up being a bitch to get off because of the intake boot and such bit we eventually did yank it out of there. My intake manifold and valve cover will be powder coated soon. The starter ended up being a huge pain to get out as well even with the intake completely off. What a bitch, you would think a little 4 cylinder would be so simple and easy to work on. This is not really the case, haha. Flippen BMW making it so you cant replace the starter without taking the intake manifold off

PAINTED THESE BEACUSE OEM+ FLOSS

That fan was red prior

Polishing the brass on the radiator. I that parts washer it is sitting in has been useful for all the gunky ass parts. I didnt take enough pictures before cleaning but the head and black were really nasty.

Things that are getting the powdercoat treatment, most of the rest of the parts will be painted.

This guy was gross... Got clean though

I LIKE RUSTY TOOLS

Look at those fancy adapter thangss

Meet my best frens...

Used to clean the head and block...

This fender was repainted poorly at some point and is all sorts of cracked because of poor work. Why do people do things wrong?

Thankfully it is only this fender and the rest of the car is very straight and rust free.

Also found that this alternator wire was complete fried, explains why my car didnt start. The starter was indeed runt anyways, will be replaced.

Started shaving.
                Pretty much most things will be tucked and shaved except the fusebox. It will be really easy to relocate things, but I dont want to mess with cutting and elongating wires for a fusebox relocation. So the ugly box will reside in the bay, I might paint it body color and have a picture so I know where all the fuses belong, bit we will see.

cowl raintray out to be painted and manipulated for tucking purposes.

head is looking clean

I COULD EAT OFF OF IT IT ONLY TOOK 2 HOURS AND A TOOTHBRUSH

relocating the coil and whatever part of the harness that is.

relocating these down behind the brake booster. They were mounted all ugly on the cowl.

The wire wheel on this bench grinder has been invaluable.

Purposely scratching the car for dents. There are only a few here and there. Will have to weld some holes up though...

Dont know if my valence is salvageable. We will see, I cant seem find another one.

Miss driving. A lot of trunk space , the perfect two seater.

Bumpers going on for repair and rechroming soon

real stoked

I ordered a nice shiny headers and lots of parts are being ordered at the auto parts store tomorrow like injectors, starter, materials, ect...

Lots of stuff should be happening and coming together soon. Still need to get bigger tires, and I will be taking the suspension apart and upgrading and lowering while doing body work is being done.
                BOUT IT< BOUT IT
                Last edited by Wyatt Lay; 01-07-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

In for the build! Keep it up! It's starting to get good...
                  1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
                  Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
                  1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
                  1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Awesome work, looks like everything that I wanted to do with my e21 before selling it. If you need any parts let me know, I still have some random stuff laying around.
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
                      In for the build! Keep it up! It's starting to get good...
                      Thanks

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                      Awesome work, looks like everything that I wanted to do with my e21 before selling it. If you need any parts let me know, I still have some random stuff laying around.
                      Really the only thing I need is a valence and turn signal housings.

Comment

I actually might have some, pretty sure I do actually. I'll see if I can find them tomorrow. Oh and my dad has a whole front end off my old 83... It's no longer with us lol.
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Not bad but can you stack the images in your posts so this thread isn't the size of texas

Comment

Nice

Comment

So my header came...
                              Also got the front suspension out. It really wasn't too bad.http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b557/soccernut1/IMG_0774_zps15669904.jpg[/IMG]
                              Sway bar out

I have bilstien struts. The stock insert is compressed in this pic and most definitely blown. The bilstien is actually shorter.

The insert was a bitch to get out because of this threaded nut. Requires some special tool, but my Dad's man strength eventually hammered and twisted it out of there.

Then I cut the front spring perch.

The perch will be lowered about 1.5in or so. This was I can keep a large spring, but still achieve some low. It should work well and I may end up cutting a coil when its all said and done, but the idea is that ut should ride extremely well. Bilstien and Bav Auto lowering springs. I Had to grind away the weld for the perch so it could slip past as well. The perch weoll be welded and the whole housing will be painted.

And back to grinding in the bay. I have also decided on a color with is super exciting. Build is coming together quickly. New tires to be mounted tomorrow my current 165/50 is too small. 175/55 will be money on 15x7.
                              Last edited by Wyatt Lay; 01-07-2014, 02:11 AM.

Comment

not enough things are happening. do more things.

Comment

Working...
                                X