A Build Better than the Last: e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Build Better than the Last: e21

So as most of you know, I sold my beloved e28, for a few reasons. I had finally got it to a state that was very nice to look at, and long story short: I got bored. I couldve done much more to it, however it would require lots of money, which a college kid doesnt like to spend. (Suspension overhaul, motor, paint ect.) So I sold it.
    It was a pretty car. I knew I wanted an e21, and thought I would get my uncles old early model 320i since it has been rotting away ever since he died. That didnt work out (family issues). So I was on the CL prowl and found a clean looking 320i at a portland dealership. The dealer turned out to be an idiot, bought it anyways. 160k, perfect interior, needs paint.
    I had hoarded e21 euro parts before I even bought a car...

I bought 316 single rounds and non ac console from Adam (twelvizm), Hes an awesome guy with a rad e21 and has infinite man knowledge. Hes helped a lot already.
    Heres the car:
    The first thing I did was take the massive DB off.
    And put single rounds in, This was the result

Looked nice...

Stupid F-ing Photo-ineverwannawork-Bucket crashed story time over till I restart.
    Last edited by Wyatt Lay; 01-07-2014, 02:06 AM.

insta:yungwymo

Nice over all a very promising tool box! I love the single light down grade too looks much better! And damn who took that pic of the e28? Looks great says "the ex" "gone now" all over that edit..
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
      Nice over all a very promising tool box! I love the single light down grade too looks much better! And damn who took that pic of the e28? Looks great says "the ex" "gone now" all over that edit..
      I took the picture, you put 5 insta filters on it. And photobucket is down so I will have to continue when its back up and no I wont use another photo sharing website. Id rather complain.

Comment

That e28 was looking nice, what wheels were those?

The e21 looks so happy and non threatening with those lights
        I think its kind of stupid how every more modern car is "aggressively" styled

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
          That e28 was looking nice, what wheels were those?

The e21 looks so happy and non threatening with those lights
          I think its kind of stupid how every more modern car is "aggressively" styled
          Enkei 92. The old non remake ones. Pretty rare, 16x8 et-10

Comment

BMW with 4 headlights is classic. With 2 - I'm not sure if I will like it..
            Though I like the color and, thanks God, no tint on the windows!
            William - CARiD

Comment

i love the look the e21 gets with only 2 headlights instead of 4, looking good so far , will be watching this for sure
              Bmw e36 touring bulid thread - check it out!

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60427

Comment

I seen your e28 listed and was tempted to offer my e39 for trade quite a few times lol. Glad to see you finally were able to offload it and pick up an e21. I seen the e21 also posted on CL. Agreed that Adam is a cool dude. Cant wait to see your progress with this man!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments guys!
                  Well some ditzlefritz backed into me.

Annoying because nothing wouldve happened if the US bumper was on there. It ended up ruining the valence, cracking my grill, and denting my headlight mounts and core support.

Managed to pack 5 broads in an e21...
                  Alex came over and decided to start shaving things, no more wiper rez and AC! I have to watch him closely, he might try and paint my bay gold. I stll have some AC components to take out...

This made its way out for my center console.

Peep that rare OBA wheel, I love it. Portland swap meet find from my friend Hall.

Speaker install.
                  This car has perfect interior. Only flaw is a minor rip in the headliner.
                  I picked up these exim 5x120 15x7 et11 wheels at the same swap meet for 100. Could probably sell for 1000, ive never seen the same set. The will make their way onto the e21, I think itr will be perfect. I ordered 18mm and 23mm adapters for hellaflush purposes.

Polishing was a BiTcH.

But rewarding. I will be painting the centers a diff color which i will unveil shortly.
                  FIXING BENT STUFF

Turned out better than I expected.

I have about every part I need to get this thing where I want it. I have bilstiens, bav auto springs, foha spoiler, euro turns, new kidneys, new rear lights, adjustable subframe and the list goes on... Im going away for college so I hoping a lot of progress can come in the winter months I have off.
                  Tumper Buck

Freshly Lowered cuz willis likes to cut things.

This is the height I am going for, real motorsporty.

AAAAAnd my starter went out. I will be pulling the engine to paint the bay anyways, and this means I can put go fast goodies on the m10.

Last edited by Wyatt Lay; 01-07-2014, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Looks sick, needs more broads though
                    Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

P.S. I got 500 dollars free for getting backed into, hopefully that can go towards euro bumpers. I miss driving this thing while its out, but im looking forwards to the winter months for some progress! I have to do suspension, paint and will end up partially rebuilding the engine. Lots to do, I am hoping this guy will be looking flossy by next summer!! Ill update with much more pictures of parts, and just the car in general. This was just kind of a quick catchup on everything thats happened so far...

Comment

I'm liking this. Single rounds <3

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
                          Thanks for all the kind comments guys!
                          Well some ditzlefritz backed into me.
                          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
                            Enkei 92. The old non remake ones. Pretty rare, 16x8 et-10
                            Word thats what i was thinking, im not used to seeing them in 5 lug or without the center caps so that's why I was wondering

Those e21 wheels look nice, great find

Comment

Looking good man! Can't wait to see what she looks like after the wheels & springs are in! Dope boy fresh.

Comment

Working...
                              X