Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing my ride after sitting for 2.5 years.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing my ride after sitting for 2.5 years.

Well my truck has been sittin in my garage for 2.5years. dusty as hell and water fell on the roof over the winter. Aside from the regular wash and wax, anything I should do as in prep work, what to wash it with, etc, etc. I wiped a fender down with quick detailer and it shines up well.. its just been sitting foreverrrrr. It'll be a week or so until I can devote a full weekend to detailing it so if anyone has any tools and such I should look into ordering offline thatd be helpful. My car club is sponsored by a local wax company so I have the wax covered.
    I Drive Minitrucks.

Instagram: @cylnoma

1. Wash
    2. Assess paint condition
    3. Clay
    4. If you have swirls/holograms you will need to cut and polish
    5.Sealer
    6. Wax

That is a very vague list of what you need to do after not touching a vehicle for 2 years. Obviously I cannot see the condition of it so you will have to check for yourself.

Comment

Youtube --> Drive --> Drive Clean or Youtube --> AMMONYCdotcom, Larry is on both channels and he works as a detailer he will teach you everything you need to know.

Comment

why not look up this up instead of asking basic questions.....

ps: my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
          1. Wash
          3. Clay
          5.Sealer
          6. Wax

This.
          slamburglars.com

Comment

Can you post here some pics of your truck? You need to do the details but before that clean it from dust and other things which explained above.
            Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
              1. Wash
              3. Clay
              5.Sealer
              6. Wax
              ^^ This as well, I'd go this route. On a car that hasn't been cleaned in 2.5 years the claying stage will be vital. The amount of guff it'll lift off will be shocking.

Comment

Working...
              X