"I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Thanks Mike.
      Sup. Call me Z.
      My Accord "build".

Comment

Summing up the last week here:
        Reshaped my front fenders by making my inner lips not flat against the sheet metal for dat strength. That made my fenders look a lot less like bacon. More body shaping to come. :Winning:
        Installed stainless steel, super low profile bumper quick release latches thanks to my tabs getting ripped. Not everyone's cup of tea but its certainly better than a flappy front bumper. :kind of winning:
        Found yet another ripped inner CV boot but on the driver's side. Ordered a replacement inner boot for $10 shipped to my door.
        Lowered another 1/2" all around. Fenders are now halfway down the sidewalls and can still turn full lock. :winning again:

Pics will come when I feel like washing the car again and breaking out the potato.
        Sup. Call me Z.
        My Accord "build".

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
          Summing up the last week here:
          Reshaped my front fenders by making my inner lips not flat against the sheet metal for dat strength. That made my fenders look a lot less like bacon. More body shaping to come. :Winning:
          Installed stainless steel, super low profile bumper quick release latches thanks to my tabs getting ripped. Not everyone's cup of tea but its certainly better than a flappy front bumper. :kind of winning:
          Found yet another ripped inner CV boot but on the driver's side. Ordered a replacement inner boot for $10 shipped to my door.
          Lowered another 1/2" all around. Fenders are now halfway down the sidewalls and can still turn full lock. :winning again:

Pics will come when I feel like washing the car again and breaking out the potato.
          Kinda jealous you can turn full-lock -_- havn't been able to do that in awhile...

Comment

Well, I figure its time for a profile revival as I am at a crossroads with a few mods I have cooking in my mind.

First off, I'm thinking of revisiting the quad retro but this time with FX-R's in the low's and MH1's in the highs. Question is, do I do matte black shrouds and all or do I leave the buckets and shrouds chrome? I am keeping the black housing so don't you worry your pretty little heads about that.

Secondly, I've finally got my suspension dialed in and loving the handling but I'm wanting more. I've been wanting to go air for a very long time but felt I've never had the right vehicle to do it with. I don't see myself spending thousands of dollars on an engine build to not be able to use it and I already get myself in trouble as it is with just bolt ons. The crossroads I'm at is I can get a set of Swift springs in a 14k front and 10k rear to replace the shitty springs on my f2's and have a damn good handling DD or, I get a set of coilover bags and manual management (because I'm broke and can't afford that automagic baller shit) and adjust height on the fly when its needed. Thoughts?
            Sup. Call me Z.
            My Accord "build".

Comment

go air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since you are on coilovers i do believe you can just slap a couple bags in there and hook up some manual mangement. bet if you look around, find some used management stuff, you could have it bagged for 1k +- 300.

ps(where do you live i have a 5 gallon tank and some 3/8 air id sell you)

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                go air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since you are on coilovers i do believe you can just slap a couple bags in there and hook up some manual mangement. bet if you look around, find some used management stuff, you could have it bagged for 1k +- 300.

ps(where do you live i have a 5 gallon tank and some 3/8 air id sell you)
                Funny you mention that. I'm in eastern CT but will be headed to Bethesda a few times over the next year. I'll actually be over there end of next month.
                Sup. Call me Z.
                My Accord "build".

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                  Funny you mention that. I'm in eastern CT but will be headed to Bethesda a few times over the next year. I'll actually be over there end of next month.
                  let me know when. ill be at h2o at the end of next month but not leaving until the 26th. or 27th. i dont remember. but if you want it id be happy to meet up with you!

IG: Nick475

Comment

looks great! love that deployment money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
                      let me know when. ill be at h2o at the end of next month but not leaving until the 26th. or 27th. i dont remember. but if you want it id be happy to meet up with you!
                      I'm going to be pulling into Bethesda (the Walter Reed medical base) the 22nd. I'll be rocking steelies then since its long distance plus the Evo wheels will be getting media blasted next week.
                      Sup. Call me Z.
                      My Accord "build".

Comment

Originally posted by Junya View Post
                        looks great! love that deployment money.
                        Thanks man. I haven't been deployed in two years and frankly, I'd like to keep it that way. I missed too much while I was gone with a bunch of "firsts" my kids did during that time.
                        Sup. Call me Z.
                        My Accord "build".

Comment

I'm thinking of going with a different roller setup. I'm liking at stepping down to a 17x9 +22 with either a 235/45 tire for that meaty goodness or a 215/50 so that I don't have to run more camber/pulled fenders. Thoughts? Btw, both sizes keep my speedometer reading correctly.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

Do ittt.
                            Moarmeat.
                            Moarlow.

But what wheels?

Comment

i like the 45 size tire idea, 50 might be to much! looking good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                                Do ittt.
                                Moarmeat.
                                Moarlow.

But what wheels?
                                The wider contact patch you mean? As for the wheels, I'm keeping that under wraps. Not even my wife knows.
                                Originally posted by dariuscrooks View Post
                                i like the 45 size tire idea, 50 might be to much! looking good so far!
                                Were I to do the 235/45, I'd have to run more camber/ pull my front fenders more. With my current 225 on a +38 at my height, I get the occasional rub/ fender buckle.
                                Sup. Call me Z.
                                My Accord "build".

Comment

Working...
                                X