Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice and classy, really loving this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
      I have the b18 in there now. Finding a decent b20 would be both hard to find as well as expensive for me. There are usually a good amount of 240s in the yards here in Phx as well as auto parts stores that stock parts for them when things inevitably break. There are a few challenges with doing the conversion, but availability and price isnt really a problem. I do agree that a supercharged b20 would be the shit though!

I dig your 142 btw
      B20's are surprisingly easy to find. BTW you can bore out your b18 to a 2L and run a B20F head....
      Greg
      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Cool as shit. Good work. get real suspension tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
          Cool as shit. Good work. get real suspension tho.
          The usual move towards real suspension on these is simply shorter coils and better shocks. I'm aiming for at least that, but possibly air. Coils have been difficult to find for these when trying to go beyond the 2-3" mark. I would end up cutting coils again basically. It would certainly be better than cutting stock coils, but I'm looking into some options. Some random spring with the right specs would do the trick.

Comment

The usual move towards real suspension on these is simply shorter coils and better shocks. I'm aiming for at least that, but possibly air. Coils have been difficult to find for these when trying to go beyond the 2-3" mark. I would end up cutting coils again basically. It would certainly be better than cutting stock coils, but I'm looking into some options. Some random spring with the right specs would do the trick.
            You can use standard off the shelf conventional springs. Lots of guys use the cheap ebay coilover kits for hondas on ebay to get the cars low. 5x7 or 5x8 spring in the font will be LOW. 5x10" in the rear will be pretty low too.
            Greg
            1974 Volvo 142

Comment

Originally posted by gdogg16 View Post
              You can use standard off the shelf conventional springs. Lots of guys use the cheap ebay coilover kits for hondas on ebay to get the cars low. 5x7 or 5x8 spring in the font will be LOW. 5x10" in the rear will be pretty low too.
              I've seen that too. Some of the guys running those Honda coil over kits have said the fronts rub on the shocks. Not to mention its a very stiff ride. It would be nice to have some travel, there is certainly room for it. Some people have tried Blue Coil springs. I'll figure something out, just need to invest the time.
              Last edited by Keith602; 07-17-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I've seen that too. Some of the guys running those Honda coil over kits have said the fronts rub on the shocks. Not to mention its a very stiff ride. It would be nice to have some travel, there is certainly room for it. Some people have tried Blue Coil springs. I'll figure something out, just need to invest the time.
                I've got a set of blue coils, currently running AFCO's front and back. Talk to Ben at Kaplhenke, he might have a solution for you.
                Greg
                1974 Volvo 142

Comment

I've got a set of blue coils, currently running AFCO's front and back. Talk to Ben at Kaplhenke, he might have a solution for you.
                  cool thanks!

Comment

Throw on some smaller tires and hunker it down a little bit more and it'll be tits. Wheels seem a little plain, like they need a beauty ring or something, but looks awesome just the same!
                    Owner/Head Builder & Tech - Chuck N' Dick's Garage, Richmond, Va

Comment

I may do something different with the wheels someday, but im pretty happy with them as is.

Comment

Me likey.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

I may do something different with the wheels someday, but im pretty happy with them as is.
                          I dig em. What size are they? I may have some OEM trim trings that fit.
                          Greg
                          1974 Volvo 142

Comment

I dig em. What size are they? I may have some OEM trim trings that fit.
                            They are 17's so the OEM ones wouldnt fit. I like the raw look of a black steelie personally. I did fit a 140 series hubcap on them which I thought looked pretty cool. I know its not everyone thing. I might try a beauty ring someday but I have a feeling I wouldnt like it. Ive looked into it before and I can get them for about $50 on ebay.

Comment

Just liked the look of the all chrome better, so I stripped the black off.

Comment

So I was still bothered by how bad the instrument panel looked. Faded, chipping, indicator symbols were worn off, etc. I happened to have gotten a better looking one recently and felt like it was time to get into it. I painted part of it black because the grey wasnt doing it for me. I wish I could have stripped only the grey off as there was this cool brass looking finish underneath. It made a huge difference in that area and while it felt like a huge pain in the ass, it didnt really take that long.

Last edited by Keith602; 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X