Turbo Cricket from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Cricket from Germany

First things first: I'm Steffen, 24, and i live and work in Wolfsburg, Germany.

This thread is about my 2004 Volkswagen Polo 9n (MK IV) aka "The Seal" (u will get it someday ).
    It's my very first car, which i got from my grandpa before he passed away.

This is a sample pic how it looked like when i got it in 2007.
    Back then it had a regular 1.4 16V engine with 75hp.

Because i went to school and used to be completly broke all the time the first mods kept waiting until 2008.

Got me my first set of wheels. Some Rial Porto Black in 7,5"x17" with 205/40R17 crappy Maxxis tires... God these tires were aweful ^^, a badgeless Grill (what was i thinking???) but no upgrade on the suspensin Bus-Mode on
    Then i bought a set of -35mm Eibach Pro Street springs . Still nowhere near low ^^
    No pics from this time, cause my old laptop kicked the bucket including all picures.

After that i bought a set of custom made black front lights.

Ready for season 2009 i installed Polo 9n3 GTI side-skirts, a Polo Blue Motion rear bumper spoiler, custom black Polo 9n3 rearlights and a smoked 3rd breaklight.

Time to put some music in the trunk . Fitted a 12" Chorus Line woofer and a Kenwood amp under a cover plate. (Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic)

For 2010 i customized the front an installed a Votex-front-spoiler. Bought DTS-Line coil-over (same as the KW Var. 1 coil-overs) too and gave it some stance ^^

2011:

Changed sideskirts from GTI to Votex and got my hands on the rear bumper for the japanese polo (small plate area).With the small license plate area there came a new license plate (GF-T8), but i later changed it back to my old one. On the inside i got myself a nice Audi A3 S-Line shifting knob, painted my center-console in matt-silver to match my steering wheel and wrapped some interieur-parts in carbon-vinyl.

During the season i swapped my Rial Portos for a set of brandnew Rial Porto Black (8"x17") with 215/35R17 Hankook tires.

Pics from my car on the visitor parking space for the 2011 XS Carnight in Dresden

Changed the location of my license plate multipel times until i was happy with it.

Quick engine bay pic with painted engine cover and coolant / washer tank cap and strut brace.

Also took some shoots on the famous parking lot "Tor Ost" which is at the eastern gate of the Volkswagen facility.

Little rolly with some friends on our way to a local meet.
    Last edited by SHT; 10-27-2014, 06:11 AM.
    38Motion-Member
    VAG - Von der Wiege bis ins Grab

My Polo / Ibiza build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46681

2011 ends on a good note with big plans for the winter season. Here ist my Polo as it looked at the end of 2011 with the Seat Ibiza SC of my best friend.

Which brings uns to 2012

I always wanted to have a "little" more power for the polo. To achieve this goal i took the polo on a little trip back in febuary to the boys of XBM down in Krefeld.

Over the next few month the polo's original 1.4 16V BKY got swapped with a 1.8T 20V BJX from a wrecked Polo 9n3 GTI i bought from a guy i knew from the polo-forums.

With the engine swap there went some other goodies into the polo, such as:
    - XBM Stage 2 software
    - KW Variante 2 INOX (XBM Edition)
    - PU-set from Super Pro (anti lift)
    - 312mm Polo GTI CUP breaks (EBC Black Dash with EBC Yellow Stuff)
    - Polo GTI rear breaks (EBC Black Dash with EBC Yellow Stuff)
    - handcrafted Hiller exhaust 70mm from Turbo (Downpipe, 200 sportkat, 2x70mm 45° RS4 look)
    - Sachs sportclutch
    - Forge intake, BOV, wastegate, etc.
    - Pipercross airfilter
    and much more good stuff

With all these mods the Polo took a dyno run with around 212hp

The overall look for 2012 was this the same. Except from the big frontbreaks there was no clues on the power the polo hab by now

And now some shots of vw shows i visited with the buddies from our club 38Motion...

A video of the 2012 VW & Audi meet in Peine
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnAgKH2yP2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnAgKH2yP2s[/ame]

new logo for the club

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxEB3slL0E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxEB3slL0E[/ame]

And for the end of this update a quick pic of my current rims as i was bored of the old Rial Nogaros... Some ASA AS2 in 7,5x17... I had some BBS RS2 layin around, but couldn't find the right valves to mount them yet, as these are out of production and very rare these days...
    Last edited by SHT; 10-27-2014, 06:25 AM.
    38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

o, time for a little update.The Polo survived the roadtrip down to Wörthersee (the week before the actual meet). 2.500km in total for the trip. That's why i thought i might share some pics with you.

Departure on 30.04. round 10.15pm (Selfmade fullbra looks like granny's undwear :p)

The Polo was pretty packed with a bunch of stuff and nicely low because of that. We stayed at a hotel on the Techelsberg am Wörthersee. Really nice place. Beautiful view. Even cooler that we could wash the cars on the parking space of the hotel and had a place for some little repairs in an old shed. :top: :top: :top: So first of all unload all the stuff and clean of the traces of the trip.

Some pics from the infamous Turbokurve am Faaker See:

We sat in a pizza restaurant in Velden, when suddenly the mintgreen 964 Rotiform Porsche 911 from Brain pulled up right next to my Polo on the Parkinglot. :thumbsup: Weather was shitty that day :.

The GTI-monument in Reifnitz. Volkswagens booth was already under construction as you can see.

After an awesome week with countless beautiful and breathtaking cars and meeting some really cool people we headed home for Wolfsburg. Last stop on Austrian territory.

http://vimeo.com/76413209

The last pic is a quick snap from last weekend's tour to the Weserbergland.

And i tried Plasti Dip for one or two weeks XD
      Last edited by SHT; 10-27-2014, 06:27 AM.
      38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

So that's nearly the current state of the Polo. Next mods will be interieur parts from the GTI, black headliner and some other stuff. It's also time for TÜV...
        38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

I thought i post a pic of my current winter beater and maybe future daily. It's a Seat (Volkswagen Brand) Ibiza 1.4i 1998 with 60hp.

So far it got:
          - a cheap set of BBS from a Golf MKI and some good winter tires (bigger/wider rims this winter)
          - TA technix coilovers (will go lower, currently it rubs everywhere)
          - Cupra front lip
          - Golf MKIII seats with fitted rears
          - fucking rust on every hammerd fender (will pull/roll them when winter comes)

And maybe some of you are intrested in what mods i've done the the Polo up to this day:

- 7,5x17" ET 38 ASA AS2 Gunmetal gray with 215/35 R17 Hankook S1 Evo
          - Seat Ibiza Cupra rear spring mounts
          - Super Pro bushings
          - HPS endlinks
          - modified inner fenders (with S4-airoutlet for the intercooler)
          - 312 S3 front breaks (EBC Black Dash rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff pads)
          - Polo GTI rear (EBC Black Dash rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff pads)
          - stainless steel brakelines from Fischer
          - swapped the 1.4 16V BKY (75hp) to 1.8T BJX from a wrecked Polo 9n3 GTI (150hp)
          - XBM Software Stage 2
          - Hiller custom exhaust 70mm from Turbo (Downpipe, 200 cell metal cat,
          - Sachs sports clutch
          - Forge intake hose
          - Forge blow-off
          - Forge intercooler hose
          - Pipercross airfilter
          - Headunit: Clarion DXZ-788-RUSB
          - Front: Blaupunkt GTc 662
          - Rear: Audio System CO 165 Plus
          - Amp: Helix HXA 400 MK II
          - Sub: Chorus Line 12" (fitted under a false floor in the trunk
          - Polo GTI cluster with big display (MFA) (switched color from blue to white)
          - Polo GT leather steering wheel
          - Audi A3 S-Line leather gear knob
          - Audi TT pedal covers
          - silver matt painted centerconsol / airvents
          - some carbon vinyl
          - gauges for boost, oilpressure and oiltemp
          - smoked side indicatos
          - black frontlights
          - modified Polo 9n3 rearlights
          - smoked 3. brakelight
          - Volkswagen Bodykit (side skirts, frontlip, roof spoiler, rear bumper lip)
          - modified us-look front trim
          - rear bumper and side mirrors from japanese Polo
          - Golf MKV stubby antenna and rear whiper delete

I'm sure a missed one or two things, but you get the idea how modified it is compared to stock

New pics of the Polo will follow at the end of july when i attend the XS carnight in Dresden.
          38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

Season slowly comes to an end, so i thought it would be time to give you guys an update.

Lot of stuff happend this year. Went to awesome meets like Wörthersee, XS Carnigt in Dresden, Flachland Water & Air and last but not least the Baltic BBQ Carnight. Had an amazing time an met some pretty laid-back dudes. Overall a good season for an enthusiast like me But enough of the big words... Next up are couple of snapshots and videos said meets.

First up XS Carnight in Dresden (maybe the biggest daymeeting allover europe). I was allowed to display my Polo at the outdoor area of Dresden Messe. It was an honour for me.

http://vimeo.com/71252511

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6pbXwu8JtM"][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6pbXwu8JtM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6pbXwu8JtM[/ame][/URL]

Next up was the roadtrip to the Flachland Water & Air near Cuxhaven.

http://vimeo.com/75089168

Propably the last event for me this year was the Baltic BBQ Carnight. Loacation was pretty rad. Former DDR/soviet-airbase near the sea. Complete with abandoned buildings and old signs and stuff :thumbsup:

The VIP-Indoor-area was inside an former aircraft-hangar. Awesome ::thumbsup:

http://vimeo.com/76531425

Hope you like it.
            Last edited by SHT; 10-27-2014, 06:32 AM.
            38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

Do you have any pics of your trunk sound system? I never noticed there was actually a sub and amp here:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

How much did you pay for the engine swap? I plan to get this done in my A2 too in the future (I guess 2-3 years) but all I got were numbers about 9000€ which is ridicolous.

Oh, and subbed btw. Sweet Polo!
                Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Nice polo man. Really liking the last set of pictures.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by Nagah View Post
                    How much did you pay for the engine swap? I plan to get this done in my A2 too in the future (I guess 2-3 years) but all I got were numbers about 9000€ which is ridicolous.
                    Hey, to be honest the ridicolous number you were told is more or less correct.
                    My budget was some like this:

- complete package with original Polo GTI engine, turbo, trans, ecu, intercooler, harness, front and rear break components... In good shape around 4.000€ (if you are lucky to get one package, because if you gather the part one by one it will be more expensive) You could take the 1.8T from an other model like Golf MKIV or Audi A3, but then you need to check which parts you can fit and combine to make it work. Biggest problem with combined parts from mixed cars will be the TÜV approval.

- KW V2 inox coils for Polo GTI 1.200€
                    - Audi TT 8n front breaks ca. 200€
                    - good break discs and pads (front and rear) 700€
                    - exhaust system (not original of course) between ca. 1.500€
                    - ECU modifications (software) ca. 500€
                    - new plugs, filters, oil, seals and so on... ca. 400€
                    - costs for TÜV (depends on where you do it) ca. 300€
                    - and more cash for various other bits and pieces...

= 8.800€ and this is without any money for worktime in a shop or so...

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                    Do you have any pics of your trunk sound system? I never noticed there was actually a sub and amp here:
                    I will search trough my pics to find a pic from underneath.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                    Nice polo man. Really liking the last set of pictures.
                    Thanks alot.
                    38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

not feeling the bra

but other then that looking good

on a side note, you are the ideal man to get me a WOB numberplate
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        not feeling the bra

but other then that looking good

on a side note, you are the ideal man to get me a WOB numberplate
                        The bra on the hood is just for protection while on the way to events. On some of the event pics it's on because i was lazy . The other stuff is just tape to cover the rest of the bumber from stonechips. I put that on if i have to drive far for a meeting or so.

If you guys want some german numberplate, i maybe able to get them for you and send them to the states or whereever.
                        Last edited by SHT; 10-04-2013, 05:32 AM.
                        38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

Damn, looks like it has been a while since my last post... *blow off dust*

To get things back rolling, here's a pic of my car on last years XS Carnight in Dresden.

After the Baltic BBQ Carnight and Flachland Water & Air there weren't any more bit meets in 2013. So when the end of October came my car went into hibernation.

But because winter season is wrenching season i invited some friends to help me

Did some mods on the inside and outside. A updated mod list will follow down below.

So when April of this year kicked in, it was time to get the Polo back in the road. Fresh Service (oil, filters, plugs, sensor) and off we go. On the first week of april we hab some friends from Berlin over at Wolfsburg to modify an fellow Polo on the inside as well as audi wise. After 4 hard days of work we finished saturday night just in time to get the cars washed and head up to Lüneburg for a little meet. Unfortunatly it started to rain as we left Wolfsburg an continued all the way up to Lüneburg. Thats why the cars are so f...in dirty on the following pics.

The other silver Polo is our friend Bastian from Stade whom we met at the Baltic BBQ last year.

Because of the shitty weather the day after we went to Lüneburg it was car wash time again. You can see how excited i am to clean it for the second time in under 24hours ;-)

Why the wash? - Because a couple of friends showed up at our shop an we had a little shoot. Props to Eddi from EBC Photography and Tommy from Low Factory for the pics. The whole week was a blast

Artsy stuff

It has breaks

And because i'm a total retard i ruin the flow of nicly done pics by placing some shitty cellphone pics from my engine bay and my current interior here. *let the **** begin*

But as i promised earlier here is a updated mod list for you guys:

- 7,5x17" ET 38 ASA AS2 Gunmetal gray with 215/35 R17 Hankook S1 Evo
                          - Seat Ibiza Cupra rear spring mounts
                          - Super Pro bushings
                          - HPS endlinks
                          - modified inner fenders (with S4-airoutlet for the intercooler)
                          - 312 S3 front breaks (EBC Black Dash rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff pads)
                          - Polo GTI rear (EBC Black Dash rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff pads)
                          - stainless steel brakelines from Fischer
                          - swapped the 1.4 16V BKY (75hp) to 1.8T BJX from a wrecked Polo 9n3 GTI (150hp)
                          - XBM Software Stage 2
                          - Hiller custom exhaust 70mm from Turbo (Downpipe, 200 cell metal cat,
                          - Sachs sports clutch
                          - Forge intake hose
                          - Forge blow-off
                          - Forge intercooler hose
                          - Pipercross airfilter
                          - N112 and N249 bypass
                          - Headunit: Clarion DXZ-788-RUSB
                          - Front: Rainbow SLX 265
                          - Rear: Audio System CO 165 Plus
                          - Amp: Helix HXA 400 MK II
                          - Sub: Chorus Line 12" (fitted under a false floor in the trunk
                          - Polo Highline Sportseats with short headrests
                          - Polo GTI cluster with big display (MFA) (switched color from blue to white)
                          - Polo GT leather steering wheel
                          - Audi A3 S-Line leather gear knob
                          - Audi TT pedal covers
                          - Polo 6R light switch and air con controls
                          - silver matt painted centerconsol / airvents
                          - some carbon vinyl
                          - gauges for boost, oilpressure and oiltemp
                          - Polo 9n3 facelift sidemirrors with smoked side indicators
                          - US spec Wolfsburg Edition indicator covers
                          - selfmade black frontlights
                          - modified Polo 9n3 rearlights
                          - smoked 3. brakelight
                          - Volkswagen Bodykit (side skirts, frontlip, roof spoiler, rear bumper lip)
                          - modified us-look front trim
                          - rear bumper and side mirrors from japanese Polo
                          - Golf MKV stubby antenna and rear whiper delete

Can't leave you with this huge pile of text so here are some cool rolling shots our buddy Eddi did recently.

That's all for now folks. I'm out
                          Last edited by SHT; 10-27-2014, 08:37 AM.
                          38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

Those ASA look frigging epic on this!

Reminds me of my standard SVT EAP wheels and makes me want multispokes again!
                            Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                            www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                              Those ASA look frigging epic on this!

Reminds me of my standard SVT EAP wheels and makes me want multispokes again!
                              Thanks. I really like the Tourenwagen / Cup-Racing-style of the ASA. They are similar to the Volkswagen Aristo rims of the Golf .:R32 MKIV or the OZ Superturismo. I'm thinking about going for 18" inch next season.
                              38Motion-Member

My Polo / Ibiza build

Comment

Working...
                              X