7mm 10 point (male end)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Formul_volks View Post
    Does the time and work Worth 100 $ ? I mean, if I'm to spend 4 hours on modifiing the tool. i'll go at the machine shop and pay the 100 $ to have a perfect fit tool ...
    Took me 10 minutes with a dremel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
      Took me 10 minutes with a dremel.
      What kind of minitool you used on your dremmel ? Did you ''redefine,' all the spline or simply by ''sharpening'' each one the deal was done ?

Comment

Originally posted by Formul_volks View Post
        Does the time and work Worth 100 $ ? I mean, if I'm to spend 4 hours on modifiing the tool. i'll go at the machine shop and pay the 100 $ to have a perfect fit tool ...
        Which direction did you go with these?
        Last edited by zoo; 11-03-2014, 04:52 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Has anyone considered 3D printing the tool? Given the correct dimensions, I could whip out a CAD model for you in a few minutes.

I did this example in about 10 minutes:
          Shapeways is the #1 3D printing service company. Working with over a million customers since 2007 - Get 3D products and parts delivered to over 100 countries.

You're looking at ~$20 from Shapeways, but I'm not familiar with the quality of their materials.

Solid Concepts has higher quality DMLS materials available. Their customer service is excellent, and they could probably direct you to the best option. They'll be a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for... their part should hold up better. Their quantity discounts are fairly substantial, from prior experience. http://www.solidconcepts.com/materials/dmls-materials/

Just something to consider... let me know if you need any help with a CAD model.

Comment

I may make a separate thread on this, but here is some info.
            After some searching for a better priced socket, found this:

30 Euro, minus VAT came out to 24.95. Another 10% off thanks to a coupon code from their FB page:
            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

So 22.69 Euro is about $28 US.
            The shipping cost to US is 35 Euro, which is more than the cost of the socket.
            In retrospect, I should have bought a couple, but I was worried that it may not fit. It fits.
            **Edit. I ordered two more.

TL, DR $70 shipped for the OZ socket. Arrived in 10 days.
            Last edited by zoo; 12-26-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

So this tool will fit into the 7mm bolts even though it says it's for 8mm?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                So this tool will fit into the 7mm bolts even though it says it's for 8mm?
                Yes. The bolts are not exactly 7mm.
                OZ only uses one size, and this socket fits it.

To anyone in the US, I can rent a socket out if you do not feel like buying it.
                Last edited by zoo; 01-04-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Perfect, thank you!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                  X