No announcement yet.

My Experience with VR Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm by no means defending vr wheels, but I had a good experience with them fixing the curb rash and drilling/ pressing in inserts 5x114.3 to 5x112 into my wheels. The turn around time was good and price very reasonable.

Then again I didn't get my wheels shipped and I'm local. That being said...did vr wheels have the shipment insured?

I had a similar experience when I got a toda cbe for my previous car RSX ($1200 exhaust) shipped using usps (they are even harder to deal with then ups). The box came in mangled hole on the side...missing midpipe, dented exhaust canister and tape all over the outside of the box sealing up the hole. Usps also tried to say it was packaged poorly and tried to deny my claim (don't listen to the driver and let him discourage you) it was fully insured and no matter how shitty it's packaged they are fully responsible for shipping it in the same condition it left. It was just poor handling on usps's part, eventually after 3 months I got a check for $800 for the missing midpipe and dented exhaust canister.

So hopefully vr wheels got insurance and it will be covered by ups. Be persistant and just get all the info and call ups yourself, don't expect the shipper to be pro active about getting you your money...that's what I had to do. I got all the info from the shipper and hounded usps, I literally called everyday for 3 months to get my $$$$.

But I also agree with you that the packaging on the wheels was terrible! That's why I am so hesitant to mail anything big across the country anymore!

Good luck man!

Edit just reread your post more carefully, vr wheels did have it fully insure so just hound ups for your $$$$. No matter how shitty the packaging is, if it's insured they will have to cover it (that's what insurance is for). Get your $$$$ and have it fixed locally the hard part is already done (splitting the wheels) now it's just basic lip/ barrel repairs, hell you might even make $$$ out of it who knows? It's just stressful, frustrating, and time consuming! I know...it's the shitty part of car modding, don't give up and keep your head up, I was there too man.
    Last edited by SoSoA3; 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
      I would start a PayPal claim then.

Like you said, UPS will blame it on VR's packaging. With PayPal you should be able to get your money back.
      Too late for that... you only have 45 days to start a claim. A tip for everyone using Paypal: if you don't have product in hand by 44 days, start a claim, regardless of whatever promises you have been told. The payment is automatically taken back from the seller and put on hold until it's resolved. They have a lot more incentive to fix the issue when they haven't been paid.

If there was insurance on the packages, you need to start the claim with UPS. The shipper cannot start it.

Comment

^ Unfortunately I had no reason to believe anything was wrong at 45 days haha
        IG: pwwhite

Comment

I bought some RS off them about a year ago, they were well packaged and in the condition described. Sorry you had a shit experience man.
          Follow on IG
          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
          Vintage AME Wheels
          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
          W115 & W123

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
            Too late for that... you only have 45 days to start a claim. A tip for everyone using Paypal: if you don't have product in hand by 44 days, start a claim, regardless of whatever promises you have been told. The payment is automatically taken back from the seller and put on hold until it's resolved. They have a lot more incentive to fix the issue when they haven't been paid.

If there was insurance on the packages, you need to start the claim with UPS. The shipper cannot start it.
            Very good to know, I think this should be something everyone exercises to make sure they don't get screwed over.

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
            I bought some RS off them about a year ago, they were well packaged and in the condition described. Sorry you had a shit experience man.
            I hope they are taking much better care of their products/customers now. All my experiences and stories from others were from over a year ago so I don't know if they had a Renaissance of any kind and this was possibly just a shitty circumstance. Then again, there is no reason to ship like that, at least do some sort of cardboard separation between the wheels & box.

Comment

Originally posted by SoSoA3 View Post
              Edit just reread your post more carefully, vr wheels did have it fully insure so just hound ups for your $$$$. No matter how shitty the packaging is, if it's insured they will have to cover it (that's what insurance is for). Get your $$$$ and have it fixed locally the hard part is already done (splitting the wheels) now it's just basic lip/ barrel repairs, hell you might even make $$$ out of it who knows? It's just stressful, frustrating, and time consuming! I know...it's the shitty part of car modding, don't give up and keep your head up, I was there too man.
              I highly doubt UPS will cover it. The carrier stated it was bad packaging to begin with so I am sure there is record of that, especially if the buyer was upset upon arrival. It would make no sense for UPS to cover it unfortunately. 60+ pounds per package with no padding, low amounts of tape, and no separation between articles inside. I can't ship breakable items just sitting in a box and file a claim with UPS, that wouldn't be fair. I'm sorry, but UPS too would look for anyway not to pay (as they shouldn't in this case), I hope the OP doesn't get nailed by this.

Comment

shit. i ordered my wheels from VR on monday-_-

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                  I'm interested to know the condition of the wheels when the show up bud..
                  Was considering VR for some wheels but after this I dunno. Sympathies to the
                  OP, sounds like shitty business practices for a company that should know better..
                  Hopefully this thread will help others not to get shafted on any wheels..

Comment

Well there clearly hasn't been a recent change cause this jus happened. I honestly hope none of this happens to you guys, but honestly I would buy some of those plastic lip protectors, mail them to VR Wheels, and say hey put these on and tape them down to the wheels before you ship.
                    IG: pwwhite

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                      Call them and ask them to package them properly, knowing them they won't be shipped out till next Friday at the earliest.

Comment

I bought wheels off them about 4 years ago. I got them on time and the packaging was good enough, not great but got the job done. The wheels on the other hand were much rougher than described, a lot more curbing than mentioned and both front wheels were egg shaped. A friend of mine bought his rs of them and paid to have them redrilled to 112 and when he got them they hadn't been touched.

Comment

I really like Jack and have done a TON of business with him. In the probably 30 transactions I have done with him nearly all of them turned out great. I did order some custom lips from them and they took like 2 months to get but that was the manufacture and not a VR issue.

I also have never had an issue with their packaging. I WOULD blame UPS there. Every set of wheels I have got back from them have had the boxes banded with corner protectors and these look like they were shipped the same. However the banding was removed??? I don't get it I guess.
                          Real name is James

Comment

2 of my buddies just ordered from them a couple months ago. one had a custom set made to his specs. initially it was supposed to take only 2 weeks. but that 2 weeks turned into a month and a half...received it with good packaging and in good condition. but the wait and the time estimated and lack of communications will make it a little harder to do business again. the other buddy bought a set already pre made and received it in god times but with a couple nicks on a couple of the wheels. but then again could be ups or vr...it's a he did she did kinda thing. they do have some nice wheels though!

2002 carbon black M3, status gruppe tuning coilovers, work equip 19x10 19x11, hammy lip, csl style bootlid, csl style diffuser, smoked corners, shadow grills

Comment

Here's the plastic wrapping I got from VR on my wheels. It was pretty dang thick if you ask me. The box itself was taped and then wrapped with the plastic straps. On top of that ,once opening the box, the two wheels inside were strapped together with about 6 more straps. In between my wheels was a piece of cardboard. The wheels with new lips arrived in mint condition.

Y'all know me, still the same OG.

Comment

I have another set of wheels coming in from VR tomorrow, I'll take pics of packaging.

Long as I don't forget.
                                Y'all know me, still the same OG.

Comment

Working...
                                X