My Experience with VR Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Experience with VR Wheels

This is my first and last experience dealing with this company, figured I should share it for everyone else's benefit.

It began when I sourced a set of BBS AMG Aero II faces, as I knew VR Wheels had the capability of turning them into 3-pc wheels. Great, right? So I ship them the wheels February 19th, and after having paid them in full for the rebuild, parts, and to powdercoat the faces silver on February 18th. The price also included shipping them to me.

On March 21st, having heard nothing, I email asking what the status is (and to provide an updated address as I had moved). I was told two more weeks for the parts to get in. OK, no problem.

Exactly a month later, having again heard nothing (April 21st), I sent another followup asking when to expect the wheels. I was told the PARTS would be in the next week, and a promise of pictures of everything when it got in.

May 13th I email back having heard, you guessed it, nothing. Reply was that all parts were in, was in the process of assembling, would send pictures. I replied with a thanks, stressing that they notify me BEFORE shipping so I could give them a definite address (depending on how long it took I was going to be in one of two places). This is on May 15th.

May 29th I get an email, no picture, saying the wheels are ready, and to provide an address. Great! I send them my address and they sent me a tracking number May 30th. On this day, I happen to see a set of BBS AMG Aero II's rebuilt to what look like my specs on their facebook "built for a customer"... except they are white. I point out to them that, if these are indeed my wheels, they are the wrong color.

On the 31st I get an email saying essentially "We think we accidently painted your wheels the wrong color, we're calling them back to have them repainted. Sorry"

I say OK no problem (June 1st).

June 9th I ask for an update. He says the wheels will be in the next day to be repainted.

June 12th I get an automated email saying my wheels have shipped with tracking numbers. Great! They were supposed to arrive the 18th.

June 18th, I come home to nothing? I check the status, to find out the wheels were sent to the original address, and were on hold at the local UPS there. Fuck. So I email them that day to have them fix the address, so they do. Great, two more days.

Yesterday, I arrive home to only one box (two of the wheels). OK, so I pull them out, and the lips and barrel ends are scratched to the point that they look curbed. The fuck. But my focus is finding the other two wheels. I call UPS, and the other box required a signature, they didn't know why.

I have VR Wheels call UPS to allow the package to be picked up directly, I go to UPS and wait two hours to pick these wheels up. Here's where it gets really good.

Here is the box, exactly as they pulled it off the truck:

I am livid. The lips/barrels look like they are several years used because of how poorly they were packaged. You can say UPS should have been more careful, but if your business is shipping wheels, you should at least be aware of the plastic ring pieces you can place on wheels to protect the lips. Or at least put cardboard between the two wheels in the same package...

Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures of the damage on what are supposed to be brand new wheels. Each picture is of a different section, no two are of the same damage.

and the wheels themselves. The paint is decent, bubbling in some places.

Overall a huge disappointment. I emailed them livid about this and they said:

"We insure the wheels in full and got no control of how UPS handle the package. It wasn't like this when we ship it. If they are damage in anyway UPS insurance will cover it."

I'm sorry but even the guy at UPS was appalled at how poorly they were packed. I have no desire to spend $150 to ship these back to a company who will just do the exact same thing for another 4 months, and then ship the wheels the same way.

/rant
    IG: pwwhite

That packaging job is just embarrassing for a business. So unprofessional especially considering that's what they do. They really didn't even put anything between the wheels packaged together?!

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I'd ask them to foot the bill to have someone local professionally refinish the lips and tell them to recoup the costs from their insurance with UPS.

Comment

I know when I bought my wheels from them the packaging left little to be desired.

Hopefully you can get something worked out. It seems they really care about the people that pick them up in person from their shop, but they don't give a shit when it comes to shipping wheels.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
          That packaging job is just embarrassing for a business. So unprofessional especially considering that's what they do. They really didn't even put anything between the wheels packaged together?!
          They essentially saran wrapped the lips and then just stacked them.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
          I know when I bought my wheels from them the packaging left little to be desired.

Hopefully you can get something worked out. It seems they really care about the people that pick them up in person from their shop, but they don't give a shit when it comes to shipping wheels.
          This is the feeling I'm getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
            This is the feeling I'm getting.
            I am by no means a law expert, but here is what I would do.

Open up an insurance claim with UPS. They are going to blame it on VR for not properly packaging the wheels. I would try and settle out some sort of agreement to get them fixed, either VR pays you so you can have the lips fixed by someone else, or they fix them.

That's really the only thing I can think of. It is a really shitty situation though. Best of luck.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

well did't the dude from UPS himself say that it was a shitty packaging job?
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Yeah there's basically no way UPS covers this.

Comment

How did you pay for them?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    How did you pay for them?
                    Invoice through PayPal

Comment

ask to get a written statement from them, since that basically partially covers their ass, they might just do that
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Invoice through PayPal
                        I would start a PayPal claim then.

Like you said, UPS will blame it on VR's packaging. With PayPal you should be able to get your money back.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Let me fill in some known facts about VR wheels that many locals have experienced with them.

1. Their customer service is shitty, no matter where you are located, they always seem to not care about an individuals business because it seems like most their business is never repeat business. The majority who buys a set of their wheels, buys it once and never again. You can expect any service turn around time from them to be nearly double what they predict. I understand they are busy, but when a 4 day job ends up being 2+ weeks, they should just fill people in beforehand. Not to mention they never call and when you finally call them and ask, they act like its your fault.

2. Their selection is insane because they constantly import tons of wheels. If you think the amount of wheels on ebay is massive, you should see the shop. Wheels that most would pay 1.5-3k literally just stacked on top of another.... which leads me to #3.

3. Nearly all their wheels have small defects which they don't hide nor promote. It is not uncommon to for people to pick up a set of wheels from them that need a truing or have a lot more defects that was shown.

4. Their selection seems to give them the right to do whatever they want, they will still continue to make money regardless of their customer service because of all the people who want the "rare" wheels they import.

5. I would highly suggest anyone locally who needs services performed to go to wheel flip.
                          WheelFlip Store carries custom outer lips, inner barrels, and replacement hardware for multi-piece wheels. We are your one stop shop for wheel customization!

I would highly suggest everyone not buy from them until some sort of change happens there. The constant business motivates them to keep doing what they are doing what is essentially milking enthusiasts for cash for cheap imports and not giving a fuck about the customer.
                          Last edited by electricalbox; 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

^ Seems to be 100% right. Can't believe I didn't discover this about them until now, hadn't heard it ever before. Hence why I posted this, don't want others getting pulled through the same shit I did.
                            Last edited by Pat; 06-21-2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

^ Seems to be 100% right. Can't believe I didn't discover this about them until now, hadn't heard it ever before.
                              It is not really mentioned online it seems, unless a thread like yours comes around.

I wish they gave better customer service because they are literally a few miles from my residence and have a ton of stuff. IDK how to say it, but when you go there it literally feels like a money pit with no care for the enthusiasts. Other wheel retailers / re-finishers have this passion or feel for the market. Nothing wrong with flipping wheels to make money, I do it as do a lot of people on here, but you still have to have care for the community.... to not care for the customer is absurd. They make enough money I would think their storage would be better, at least some cardboard between each wheel in a stack.

Who knows, they may take care of all of this for you and show their CS has improved, but it is doubtful.

BOL getting your money back or proper compensation.

This was from a few years back when I went, things may have changed but I would never go again.
                              Last edited by electricalbox; 06-21-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X