No announcement yet.

'Murica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there's something up with my photobucket...the pics are down in my build thread too. I'll fix the links tonight as well us upload today's progress.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

So I wasn't as far along in this project as I would have liked so I put in an entire day on this.

It doesn't sound like much, but I got all the piping from the headers to the turbo done.

Here's the 3.5" pipe going into the T6 flange. I want to be able to remove everything easily so v-bands will be used throughout.

Now for the fendery bits. Everything has to be tucked as close as can be so that the tire won't rub during suspension travel.

Clearance. It doesn't look like much (it really isn't) but remember that everything on this truck is HUGE so it distorts your perception a bit.

Now for the hard part. The driver's side needs to come across the trans and meet up with the passenger side. Also, the header side of the 180* needs to be tucked as close to the frame rail as possible for the 4" exhaust to snake around the crossmembers (you'll see more on that later).

Now to bring the driver's side over...

And just a reference of how everything has been tucked up nicely in case he ever gets the itch to lower the bejeezus out of this thing. Hopefully...

And that's all folks. I'm beat so I'm going to bed. Peace out.
      Last edited by M.Doban; 07-01-2013, 10:03 PM.

Builds:

Comment

are you going to try run the dump pipe out to the rear of the car? or just gonna dump it near the front?

It looks very cramped lol. Love your work though <3
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          are you going to try run the dump pipe out to the rear of the car? or just gonna dump it near the front?

It looks very cramped lol. Love your work though <3

You're not kidding it's cramped.

As for the exhaust, the 5" piece will dump right behind the front bumper. A 4" piece will join into it and that will be run back under the car and join up with the current cat-back system still hanging under the truck. That way he can drive around with a full exhaust that still has decent performance but can open up the 5" dump at the track.

It'll fit

And thanks, man!
          Last edited by M.Doban; 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM.

Builds:

Comment

saw you had a second build thread, it definitely does not dissapoint
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Damn that really is cramped. Can't wait to see it all come together, looks so boss though!
              IG: @sebastienaudeon
              1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
              *pats Sebs head*
              there there.
              keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                You're not kidding it's cramped.

As for the exhaust, the 5" piece will dump right behind the front bumper. A 4" piece will join into it and that will be run back under the car and join up with the current cat-back system still hanging under the truck. That way he can drive around with a full exhaust that still has decent performance but can open up the 5" dump at the track.

It'll fit

And thanks, mang!
                gotta love the US....... here you'd get raped in no time

One day ill make it out there
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

greatness in this thread
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Why did I not see this sooner? Micah, you're awesome.

Murica. Fuck yeah.
                    Sup. Call me Z.
                    My Accord "build".

Comment

Damn that is a big ass turbo - What's the engine management going to be? How much can those srt motors handle (thought they were high compression?)

Oh and btw, I hope this is all 409 SS, cuz if it's all 304 well that's just a lot of $$$ in exhaust piping. haha

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                        saw you had a second build thread, it definitely does not dissapoint
                        Thanks, mah man.

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                        Damn that really is cramped. Can't wait to see it all come together, looks so boss though!
                        Just wait until the 4" exhaust starts snaking its way through there. It's going to be craaasayy. Thank, man!

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                        gotta love the US....... here you'd get raped in no time

One day ill make it out there
                        You'll have to swing by good ol' Western PA my friend.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        greatness in this thread
                        Why thank you, good sir.

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                        Why did I not see this sooner? Micah, you're awesome.

Murica. Fuck yeah.
                        Thanks, Z. BUDWEISER.

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                        Damn that is a big ass turbo - What's the engine management going to be? How much can those srt motors handle (thought they were high compression?)

Oh and btw, I hope this is all 409 SS, cuz if it's all 304 well that's just a lot of $$$ in exhaust piping. haha
                        It's a PT106... huge. You can tune these cars using the factory computer and Diablosport. We'll be using the Trinity T1000 and tuning it ourselves of course.

On our Mustang dyno, the highest a stock bottom end supercharged 5.7 has made is 593. Some guys are pretty nuts and are like "blow it up I don't care!" so we put it right on the edge.

It's actually mild steel Looks really pretty though!
                        Last edited by M.Doban; 02-28-2014, 10:07 AM.

Builds:

Comment

Well finally an update. I haven't worked on the Jeep since the last update because of work and waiting on all the tubing to come in. It came in yesterday so I got cooking this morning.

No progress pictures because my dad had the camera in his car. Oh well...

Basically I completed the downpipe and pretty much all the exhaust. I actually had to start over on the downpipe because the v-band pushed the pipeing away from the turbo about an inch... I thought it would be a slip type on but nope. No biggie though. It's just a good bit tighter than before.

Here's the 5" race dump that comes (sort of) straight off the turbo. It's higher than the front bumper but lower than the suspension and whatnot so it's out of sight yet won't burn everything.

As you can see, there's a 4" pipe joining into the dump. That goes back to the exhaust for street driving. I'm going to make a cap for the 5".

This little bugger was tough... it has to weave between the cross members, turbo supply piping, tranny, and the frame rail ... there is basically no room. BUT THATS OK.

And here is the path it has to take. This is the easy part... I made the piece to split the 4" into two 3" but didn't take any photos of it. You'll see it in the next update though. It's not something you guys haven't seen before though.

Sorry for some of the photos being rather shoddy. I'm still on this LAME point and shoot camera. Ugh.

And finally, a mostly completed picture (on the exhaust side that is).
                          ps. I will be moving that v-band on the supply to before the bend because it looks like crap where it is.

Last edited by M.Doban; 02-28-2014, 10:10 AM.

Builds:

Comment

Nice shoes in the last pic.

Progress looks good man. Nice pipework.

what about a wastegate?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                              Nice shoes in the last pic.

Progress looks good man. Nice pipework.

what about a wastegate?
                              Why thank you! Gotta stay fresh.

It'll go on the 180 under the car. I have it, but just haven't put it on yet.

And thanks again, Andy. If that's your name idk. Hope it is or this is awkward.

Builds:

Comment

looks sick. Not afraid the downpipes going to cook stuff under there?(plastics, Coolant lines right beside it)
                                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Working...
                                X