Clear All

Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton View Post
    I'm an astute one. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Well, you are in the Chair Force.
    Sup. Call me Z.
    My Accord "build".

Comment

like your old truck and it seems you are off to a good start on the new project. can't wait to see this unfold
      IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
      Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
        Well, you are in the Chair Force.
        We have to be the smart ones

IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

We have to be the smart ones

lol.
          Sup. Call me Z.
          My Accord "build".

Comment

amazing pics great stuff here!
            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

yeayah! more e class love. great rim choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                Am I the only one who got the springsprangle reference?
                I saw it. I just wasn't expecting it.I saw it. I just wasn't expecting it.
                Last edited by TeckniX; 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

I can dig, classic combo plus diesel makes it awesome
                  Follow on IG
                  amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                  Vintage AME Wheels
                  RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                  W115 & W123

Comment

Nice write-up!

Comment

I can't wait for this build to really take off. Good luck!
                      Instagram: @HOONResponsibly

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Just got back in from the garage, so it's time to give you all the day's updates.

Am I the only one who got the springsprangle reference?
                        <- lurking champion of the world

Originally posted by 96CD7 View Post
                        nice whats the total cost for your wheels and suspension setup.. interested minds want to know
                        So far, I've got $1600 in wheels and tires and another $1600 in the air ride gear, BUT I don't have bags, brackets, or shocks yet. I have another $1200 budgeted, which should cover the rest of the gear and then some.

Alright, onto the day's work!

Audio Build, Day 1

After arguing with SD202 over the multiple meanings of the word "vintage," I wandered out to the yard and took a look at what I was working with. The trunk on this thing is cavernous:

That said, I don't want to chew up all the space in this trunk, as we use this car for road trips and camping and shit. I took some measurements and hashed out a few ideas, most of which ate up the entire damn trunk thanks to the sub. After throwing away a lot of pieces of scratch paper, I came up with something I liked, which placed the sub and amp on the driver's side of the car, firing sideways. That's probably not perfect for the sub, but part of the reason I got an FI Q was that it makes enough volume that it will tolerate not being perfectly positioned in the trunk.

The area I'm working with:

In the garage I found a chunk of 3/4" MDF left over from the audio build in the old Dodge, and I got to cutting. By noon or so, I had this for the sub (btw, the weird shit going on at the top of the box will make sense soon, I swear):

...and I finished cutting out the beginnings of an amp rack that I had started yesterday:

Test fitting:

Happy with the way things were fitting, I made a run to a couple shops around town for some more supplies. On the way, I followed this lovely specimen of an Accord, featuring fully 3" of fender gap:

If you can't read the sticker, it says "Be Patient, I'm Lowered." There aren't enough eyerolling smilies in the world...

First stop was Woodcrafters on the south side of town:

This place is like Disneyland for woodworking enthusiasts. It doesn't really have regular hardware, but it's just packed with crazy exotic kinds of wood, a million and one finishes, tools galore, and a staff that really knows their stuff. It is, however, not cheap. I picked up some goodies which you will see momentarily.

I then headed back to the wrong side of town, to the sketchiest fabric store in the city:

They actually repainted it last year, and it looks WAY nicer than it used to. What this place really needs, though, are more hand-lettered signs on printer paper stuck to the front door:

I grabbed some nice fleece that matches the trunk reasonably close:

If what I have in mind comes to pass, you won't actually see much of this, but I still might dye it a bit to get the color even closer. I actually really like working with fleece on a sub box, because it stretches really nicely. It is hard to cut, though.

And now the reveal of what I got at Woodcrafters... motherfuckin' MAHOGANY TRUNK FLOOR, BITCHES:

After three coats of linseed oil and placed in its future home:

I will most likely do at least three more coats before I'm done. Linseed oil is gorgeous, and it'll take on a dark patina over time.

I threw a back on the box and clamped the amp rack to it so you can kinda see how things are going to look. This isn't quite how the rack will be positioned in the end, but it should give you an idea of where I'm going with this:

So, that's today's work! Tomorrow, assuming it doesn't rain, I'll get the box finished up and see about what's going on with the factory tape deck. Thanks for watching!
                        Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

This is going to be cool! I'm excited.
                          IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. Love where you're going with this. Subscribed.

Comment

Fucking lol @ springlesprangle

Comment

Originally posted by JC. View Post
                                Fucking lol @ springlesprangle
                                +1

i like your view of this

will be checking back in for more

i c the vent, is it a turbo?
                                Last edited by P78; 06-19-2013, 02:10 AM.
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X