Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blake Olsen's s13 Coupe Drift Build *Not as cool as my FC, but also with a v8* !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Not as cool as my FC*

Yeah, sure...

Comment

very pissed for some reason.

91 S13 Hatch daily.
      92 S13 Coupe HKS SR22
      2011 Scion xb
      1998 Lexus GS400 SOLD
      1993 Lexus LS400 SOLD
      1993 Lexus SC400 SOLD
      I made a build thread :|

Comment

Poor car, Save it!

Comment

Originally posted by pjurisprudencia View Post
          This

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

my heart skipped a beat when i saw the cut firewall pic and then scrolled down to see the black s13 pic. i thought "damn he works fast"
            btw, do you know the specs on your friend ray's wheels?

Comment

nice build good luck

Comment

damn, i would have flipped a bitch on the guy. good luck with the build though man, looking forward to updates!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

I hope you make this a lot better man, you have a long road ahead of you

Comment

Post fab work already.

And it wouldnt be your thread without pictures of food. When I get more stuff and a job to restart a build thread bet your ass I will show the world what wonderful foods we have in my area.

Comment

that car is a pile of shit haha, hurts dem feels when i see this poverty work.. Im sure you will turn this thing into something cool tho. Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by jubdub View Post
                        good god, im in for this.

Originally posted by LaMaR- View Post
                        Man I am dealing with the same shit you are on my FC, electrical nightmare lol. Good luck building this thing up and I cant wait to see this and the FC done. I need to make a build of my FC to show how jacked up it is...
                        Please do, always down to see another v8 fc!

Originally posted by MrGL2 View Post
                        God damn, shit's fucked up.

No doubt you'll sort everything though !
                        Yeah!
                        Originally posted by ContraNero View Post
                        re reading this sober... ugh. longer way to go than expected, but it will be awesome, I BERIEVEE IN YUUUU!

side note... i love rays car so much, plz make it that cool/cooler.
                        Impossibru
                        Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                        *Not as cool as my FC*

Yeah, sure...
                        I take it my fc isnt your cup of tea...

Originally posted by pjurisprudencia View Post
                        I'm over it
                        Originally posted by GOATGUY91 View Post
                        Poor car, Save it!
                        im trying, at least she is still getting driven hard
                        Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        This
                        Originally posted by Riddle View Post
                        my heart skipped a beat when i saw the cut firewall pic and then scrolled down to see the black s13 pic. i thought "damn he works fast"
                        btw, do you know the specs on your friend ray's wheels?
                        Hhahaha i wish! They were borrowed from his homie vince. SSR Vienna courage 18x10.5 -35 square
                        Originally posted by 96CD7 View Post
                        nice build good luck
                        Thanks
                        Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                        damn, i would have flipped a bitch on the guy. good luck with the build though man, looking forward to updates!
                        I was just beyond anxious to get on the road, i guess that clouded my judgement, oh well
                        Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                        I hope you make this a lot better man, you have a long road ahead of you
                        Oh i will, it cant get worse lol
                        Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                        Post fab work already.

And it wouldnt be your thread without pictures of food. When I get more stuff and a job to restart a build thread bet your ass I will show the world what wonderful foods we have in my area.
                        Nothing to fab yet, just trying to get the car up to par. not much fab will be done to this car, just a basic cage for now and some small brackets and whatnot

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                        that car is a pile of shit haha, hurts dem feels when i see this poverty work.. Im sure you will turn this thing into something cool tho. Good luck man.
                        I hope so lol
                        Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
                        1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
                        1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
                        2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
                        TUMBLR

Comment

Today i started working on the s13, didn't get as much accomplished as planned, but overall made some progress.
                          Todays first order was the suspension, I planned on setting a rideheight I liked and doing a rough alignment. The coilovers fought me a bit and took longer than i had hoped but got it done.

Also started on the motor to figure out why it doesnt seem very fast. Did a compression check and all numbers came back much better than expected!! The highest number was 168psi and the lowest was 156psi. Very good if you ask me, much less than 10% variance across the board! Fuel pressure was also on point so that is not the cause either. I'm going to run it to oreillys tomorrow and use their code reader since the car still has an obd2 port. Hopefully this can tell me what is up. All the sparkplugs were white so that leads me to believe that the motor is running lean, and hopefully a tune can solve this and it can really start making some power!!

While I had the wheels off I decided to clean up inside the wheel wells and suspension to the best of my ability without removing anything. Decided to paint strip the calipers and front tension rods...

Before:

After:

I'm gonna paint them black and file the nissan logo, but for now i can live with em.

I also lowered the front a good bit..

Before:

After: I removed 2 collars and put one on the bottom of the strut

Lowered the rear as well, but only 2 turns. I also pulled off the rear sway bar and the car drives much better and slides way better too.

Front clearance from tire to upper frame horn is about 3/4" I need smaller tires though.

Finished product:

Tomorrow I'm gonna raise the front a little for the time being and align it from there. Zero out the rear toe and camber, slight front toe out, and 4* front camber. Then i'll string the car to make sure its all straight, and if I'm feeling very ambitious I will also cornerweigh the car and get it dialed in before the next street test session lol
                          TUMBLR

Comment

Didnt get as much done today as i had hoped (shocker right?) lol. I did the whole front setup, got caster and toe perfect, although i'd like a little more front camber. I also reinstalled the second lockring on the coilovers.

Gave the front coils a good washing...

Put them on, but not the conventional way, my homie Josh Behrens showed me the tip of running the tophat rotated so i can get more caster out of the car. I can adjust camber from the lca so thats no problem. This also does camber a little too, The main objective of this is to make the car snappier when it transitions

I didnt really take pics of anything else because there isnt much to see..

But I did end up swinging by Get Nut to check out Ray's car that he just finished finally! This thing is nuts

then he did a massive burnout with fire on the ground for a feature in import tuner magazine...

Aaaaand i'm in for the night...
                            TUMBLR

Comment

Originally posted by RolledAndPulledG View Post

this fucking car... ugh

Comment

Nice work, if it turns out half as nice as your RX7 it'll be a great car. For some strange reason I really enjoy watching people who know what they're doing take a crappy car and right all the wrongs. Sometimes it's more interesting than watching someone start with a clean stock example.

Comment

Working...
                                X