No announcement yet.

Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im really liking how suble and clean that install on the air set up is. That fitment on the other hand is going to be nuts!
    E34 build thread link
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
    e_dirty_4

Comment

• Same here ... lost for words. Was going to sell my e28. Keyword "was"
      Props to you, sir.
      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Wow, so much clean.
        No other words are needed.

Comment

• It's been a minute since I updated this. Finished the bag install last year, but things came up that made me have little motivation towards documenting what I was doing.

The boot install went way better than I expected. I routed all the air lines from the spare wheel area to the parcel shelf through the trunk body rails. Resulting in a fully functioning boot which to the untrained eye would appear untouched.

The height sensors for the Airlift 3H system was the next challenge. For the front I decided to tap threads into the lower control arm, providing an OEM type position, with the sensor body riv-nutted to the body.

The rear, I tapped a thread into the head of the shock absorber bolt.

The end result was very satisfying. I really can't believe that these wheels I brought from Austria off Ebay over 5 years ago and got sent half way across the world fit this well. The offset couldn't have been better.

Minor thing that annoys me is that I can't quite get the front down onto the rim like the rear. But with the lower control arms touching the ground with no air, this isn't fixable without going up a tyre size.

Pretty happy with how the vent fitment of the Airlift control ended up. Nice and clean, good viewing position from the driver's position and it doesn't look too out of place. I also chose to delete the radio to provide a cleaner look. A genuine BMW E36 M3 LTW radio delete panel filled the hole perfectly whilst matching the OEM centre section trim finish. Replaced the gearknob last year as well with a genuine BMW period correct leather one.

Comment

• The finished product;

You may notice it also has a full body kit now as well. About 4 years ago I found genuine Pfeba side skirts and rear bumper, they sat in my shed for years, with last year I finally got them sprayed and fitted up. I also got tow hook covers for the front bumper which most people seem to have missing.

My thoughts on the air setup so far; pleased with the ride quality and level of height adjustment that the Bags by OCD provide on the BC struts. Yeah, a purpose built strut and bag combo would probably be superior. But I have no complaints so far.

Thanks again for reading my posts, let me know your thoughts!

Comment

• I think your achieved perfection! I wouldn't change a thing.
              E34 build thread link
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
              e_dirty_4

Comment

• Time to raise the engine and section the subframe, you could easily gain the little clearance you need for the front to fully touch rim

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Damn I dont think I ever checked out your thread before, I will have to go back and start from the beginning. Love that trunk setup that you pulled off, I would have never thought to use carpet on the tank to hide it. I also just went through installing height sensors and once again you did a few things I would have never thought to do. Love the build and the fitment of those wheels is perfect.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• love it!

Comment

• Your trunk setup is amazing. Well done. The attention to detail for the center console is great too.

And that wheel fitment. Oh lawdy!

Comment

• Looks absolutely perfect.

@projects_always

Comment

• Not fan of the air in general, but damn if this car looks amazing, favorite E28 right now!

Comment

• Dead. On.

Comment

• Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                              Looks absolutely perfect.
                              +1

W201 LOW STATIC DAILY

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                                The finished product;

Huge inspiration mate! Literally spent an hour going through your build and felt like I was part of the process! Definitely tempting me to give air suspension a go!
                                Always seeking inspiration from car enthusiasts around the world

IG: @nomabellana // @klassecars

e23 735i
                                e28 525e
                                e36/7 z3
                                e87 120i

Comment

Working...
                                X