Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '97 Golf Mk3. No more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by enes_ca View Post
    great progress , the car looks great and the new trunk will finish the job
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoE500 View Post
    good work man inspiring! family emblems i would of left..coming from a guy in USA. I know what the one guy was saying in germany etc they dont rust as bad as they do here. Im from bosnia/serbia and over there mk1-mk4 is a gold mine they always have paint fade but no rust. Crazy.
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by joshg51 View Post
    That's a nice golf you have there. My friend has a black two door with the same wheels here in the US and I can't wait to see them put on. Suck about the strict rules over their, I thought california sucked but they only really care about the engine. You can drive a rusted bucket ready to split apart as long as it passes the emissions test.

here are some pics of his car for reference and inspiration

Thanks man, he pulled off those Schmidts very nicely! I hope mine will sit that way shortly.

Soo I got flashed with my front license plate lying behind the windshield. Not good at all.

To prevent happening something like this again, I took some of these suction cups:

You're actually intended to drill holes in your plate to mount them. Well I wasn't interested in ruining my license plate, so I cut the thread of the suction cups a bit, put these white plastic nuts on and attached everything with a ton of JB Weld to the back of the reg plate.

At first I wasn't too sure about this tbh, but it seems like it does the job.

Got some white blinkers with dummies the other day (pic stolen from the eBay ad)

Did this:

50 shades of orange

The blinkers came out exactly how I wanted them but unfortunately the dummies became way too dark So I'm going to do a new set, since that amber look has really grown on me. Trying to get a stock-ish shade the next time (might try to wrap them instead of using spray tint).

Don't have a camera right now so I had to snap all these pics with my phone. Took these after work today when it was about to get dark. Excuse the dirty car

New trunk lid is mounted, re-installed the wiring loom on it as well. Still needs some little adjusting, but otherwise I quite like it. Also got amber taillights to match the front

Still haven't decided if I should shave the Golf emblem on the back or not. I guess I'll keep it for now

I'm really starting to like my car except for height (RAKE) and wheels. Kinda embarrassing on a site called StanceWorks These things will be the next on my list.

Test fitted the monoblocks in the meantime.

Yeah I should put sth underneath the rear wheels the next time

Now I plan to

- get 5mm spacers for the front and put them on (in order to clear the struts)
    - spin the coils down as much as possible
    - try my luck at TÜV (German road legality check). And probably again. And again...

I wish I had narrower tires with more stretch, but since this is meant to be a temporary setup only and the 215/40 ones are in very good shape, I won't waste any money for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stancefag View Post
    - get 5mm spacers for the front and put them on (in order to clear the struts)
    Welp that didn't quite work out. So I'm running these 5mm spacers in the back now and 10mm up front.

Lowered it in the back as much as possible but I'm not satisfied yet Might try to take out the helper springs next.

Random car photobombing

One hub cap doesn't stick anymore so I'll try to fix that and to snap some better exposed pictures on even ground tomorrow

So I changed up my front end a bit, fixed and put the missing hub cap on and took some random shots today.

Rear needs to come down a bit, will take care of that soon. Let me know what you think

What's up S/W, a year has passed after my last update on here. There wasn't too much to share.

Since I still love the look of the Schmidt Modern Lines, but also wanted to upgrade on split rims, I did this:

Also a lot of maintenance and some minor changes (e.g. new tail pipe) happened in the mean time as well.

One day after the pictures above were taken I visited a local meeting - got finished just in time!

Took some brighter pics on my way back home:

Still need to work out some better fitment, but I like it so far. Any thoughts on this?

Dang dude that looks amazing.

Youre making me want to sell my civic and get a mk3 now.

thats great , new splits look awesome on the car !

Thanks dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by stancefag View Post

Really liking this so far, cant wait to see more progress.
    I'm about to buy myself a 2door mk3 golf cl ( a bit rare to see here in Australia )
    so I'm looking around for all sorts of different styles so far i like yours !!