This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
    Morning, all. Nailed the interview yesterday, although I forgot to change out of my driving shoes (ratty Pumas) and into my classy black dress shoes prior to walking in the building. Classic Andrew, amirite?!

But I think I've got this. Sending out my thank-you e-mail later today.

In other news, when I was talking to the founders of the business, they kept stressing to me about this thing called a "work life balance." Anybody know what that is? 'Cause I sure as fuck do not. I may as well have "Arbeit Macht Frei" tattooed on my arm.
    Basically what Sean jut said. Not working so much that you don't have a social life, and not partying all the time so you suck at your job.

Also congrats on nailing the interview. Always feels good.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
      Morning guys
      Morning. Finish your wheels yet?
      Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
      Morning, all. Nailed the interview yesterday, although I forgot to change out of my driving shoes (ratty Pumas) and into my classy black dress shoes prior to walking in the building. Classic Andrew, amirite?!

But I think I've got this. Sending out my thank-you e-mail later today.

In other news, when I was talking to the founders of the business, they kept stressing to me about this thing called a "work life balance." Anybody know what that is? 'Cause I sure as fuck do not. I may as well have "Arbeit Macht Frei" tattooed on my arm.
      A thank you letter is a classy move. I did the same thing, and every time I did, I got the job.

I think what he meant was "leave your goddamn driving shoes at home, this is work motherfucker. You'll have time to play on your own fucking time."
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I was being sarcastic. Mostly due to the work schedule at FMU, which follows along the lines of, "You can see your family when you're sleeping at night."

Those fancy schmancy words are what put cigarettes in my pocket and food in my mouth, so I'll stick with 'em

Tell that to my current employer.
        Well i would rather be doing a job that i'm unhappy with rather than being jobless...
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• all work and no play also put ciggies in your pocket

now let's hope u get the job
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• The job I had an interview for today was working for a company that services that Australian Defense force and may possibly involve working within Aerospace and Military sectors as well as possible security clearance areas.

I'm very interested in this job, so I hope I get an actual interview rather than one with the recruitment company.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
              Well i would rather be doing a job that i'm unhappy with rather than being jobless...
              Very true. Only because unemployment wouldn't cover my monthly bills.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              all work and no play also put ciggies in your pocket

now let's hope u get the job
              Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              A thank you letter is a classy move. I did the same thing, and every time I did, I got the job.

I think what he meant was "leave your goddamn driving shoes at home, this is work motherfucker. You'll have time to play on your own fucking time."
              The thank-you note has failed me once, but I didn't really have my head in the game for that interview. That was, like, my first ever post-college real-job interview. From what I remember, it was bad.

And I can't drive stick in my dress shoes! The back of the ankle starts digging into my skin and then I end up a bloody mess. Literally.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
              Basically what Sean jut said. Not working so much that you don't have a social life, and not partying all the time so you suck at your job.

Also congrats on nailing the interview. Always feels good.
              datfeelbro.png

Originally posted by Rob&co
              MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Morning. Finish your wheels yet?
                Just called the shop I used to work at. Wanted to get there this afternoon but they had too much shit going on so I'll be there tomorrow morning at 8am to get my tires off and I'll get to work on my wheels after that.

Gonna try like hell to get the 2 fronts apart tomorrow and polished. I think I'll go out today and pick up some sandpaper and all the shenanigans that go along with polishing wheels. i still have shit from when I did them last year, just need to inventory what I have

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• lol for real andrew internet?

bloody mess haha

funny

guess u better arrive with driving shoes then bloody heels
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• >Be American
                    >Be visiting Australia
                    >Enter Aussie airspace
                    >Get offered a bag of petrol from flight attendant
                    >Say no thanks
                    >WOT THE FUCKEROONY M8??? NO PETTY FOR YAH? CRIKEY YANK
                    >land awkwardly
                    >Go to find food at airport
                    >Person working at the counter is a kangaroo
                    >look around
                    >Everyone is a kangaroo
                    >Every single resturaunt only serves shrimp on the barbie and vegemite
                    >fuck
                    >Go back to hotel
                    >Woman outside asks for my help
                    >Ask her whats wrong
                    >A DINGOS GOT ME FARKIN BABY
                    >Ignore her
                    >Head to counter
                    >Ask clerk if I can have some extra soap
                    >Clerk pulls out machete
                    >THATS NAWT A KNIFE M8, THIS IS A KNIFE!
                    >I asked for fucking soap
                    >Accept knife
                    >Go to pub
                    >Everyone is a kangaroo or Steve Irwin
                    >Ask Barkeeper what beers they have
                    >MATE YOUVE GOT A FUCKIN CHOICE BETWEEN VB OR VB
                    >Hear discussion about how racist Americans are, almost as bad as those nigger abo scum
                    >Head outside
                    >Notice a large parade going on down the street
                    >Turns out its the line for centrelink
                    >Realize I forgot my watch
                    >Ask australian guy for the time
                    >TOIME? WHAT THE FAUSTAS IS THAT, IS THAT LIKE A ROO?
                    >Give up and walk away
                    >Call up Taxi
                    >Taxi driver turns up riding a Croc
                    >Leave next day and never return

Comment

datfeelbro.png
                      Last time i had an interview was for the job I currently have. I had an interview with 2 of my current supervisors and it went pretty good then had to go back for an interview with their supervisor and the main plant supervisor.

I asked questions and shit and generally didn't sounds like a fucking moron. When the interview was over, I got up, thanked them, and out of the corner of my eye saw the 2 supervisors look at each other with the obomanotbad.png look and I was stoked.

As soon as I got home I got a call for a verbal job offering. Good luck man.,

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Thats weird that you get bloody heels from driving in dress shoes, are they like a size too big and are loose causing blisters?

I drive in all kinds of shoes even drove my 180 in dress shoes with a heavy duty clutch and stripped interior

Comment

The thank-you note has failed me once, but I didn't really have my head in the game for that interview. That was, like, my first ever post-college real-job interview. From what I remember, it was bad.

And I can't drive stick in my dress shoes! The back of the ankle starts digging into my skin and then I end up a bloody mess. Literally.
                          Job interviews and first days are far more stressful than anything else involving work.

Driving a 5-speed with wingtips isn't my cup of tea either. The trick is to buy dress shoes that have some good flex to them and wear thicker socks.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Just called the shop I used to work at. Wanted to get there this afternoon but they had too much shit going on so I'll be there tomorrow morning at 8am to get my tires off and I'll get to work on my wheels after that.

Gonna try like hell to get the 2 fronts apart tomorrow and polished. I think I'll go out today and pick up some sandpaper and all the shenanigans that go along with polishing wheels. i still have shit from when I did them last year, just need to inventory what I have
                          Get some 1000-grit, 2000-grit, and some 00 steel wool. Also, when you wetsand, throw a few drops of dishsoap in the bucket. Keeps the paper gliding nicely and helps you get the high spots without oversanding.
                          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                          Originally posted by Ollie
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                            >Be American
                            >Be visiting Australia
                            >Enter Aussie airspace
                            >Get offered a bag of petrol from flight attendant
                            >Say no thanks
                            >WOT THE FUCKEROONY M8??? NO PETTY FOR YAH? CRIKEY YANK
                            >land awkwardly
                            >Go to find food at airport
                            >Person working at the counter is a kangaroo
                            >look around
                            >Everyone is a kangaroo
                            >Every single resturaunt only serves shrimp on the barbie and vegemite
                            >fuck
                            >Go back to hotel
                            >Woman outside asks for my help
                            >Ask her whats wrong
                            >A DINGOS GOT ME FARKIN BABY
                            >Ignore her
                            >Head to counter
                            >Ask clerk if I can have some extra soap
                            >Clerk pulls out machete
                            >THATS NAWT A KNIFE M8, THIS IS A KNIFE!
                            >I asked for fucking soap
                            >Accept knife
                            >Go to pub
                            >Everyone is a kangaroo or Steve Irwin
                            >Ask Barkeeper what beers they have
                            >MATE YOUVE GOT A FUCKIN CHOICE BETWEEN VB OR VB
                            >Hear discussion about how racist Americans are, almost as bad as those nigger abo scum
                            >Head outside
                            >Notice a large parade going on down the street
                            >Turns out its the line for centrelink
                            >Realize I forgot my watch
                            >Ask australian guy for the time
                            >TOIME? WHAT THE FAUSTAS IS THAT, IS THAT LIKE A ROO?
                            >Give up and walk away
                            >Call up Taxi
                            >Taxi driver turns up riding a Croc
                            >Leave next day and never return

Holy fuck I died.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              Get some 1000-grit, 2000-grit, and some 00 steel wool. Also, when you wetsand, throw a few drops of dishsoap in the bucket. Keeps the paper gliding nicely and helps you get the high spots without oversanding.
                              Yeah, pretty much what I did last year minus the steel wool.

I'm actually going to start at 400 and go from there...400,600,800,1000,1500,and then 2000. Also need to get some buffing compound that cuts a little better than the stuff I used last year. I've read it works out better if you sand up to 1000 then use heavier compounds to finish it out. I'm going to experiment to find out what's best.

Reason I'm starting at 400 is there is clear on the lips and I fucked my rear 2 lips last year from hitting big bumps (wheels hit the quarters). Hopefully this year since I am spacing them out a little more the quarters will hit the tires and not the wheels. I sure as hell ain't rasing it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I might pull apart my BBS LMs and polish the lips, I recon that might get them selling faster

Comment

Working...
                                X