This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Well of course, you're spot on. Maybe it's jealousy (probably not), but that stuff does nothing for me. No heart, no soul, no real effort put in by the owner. The problem is, everyone will be slobbering his ego because they love the car.

I'll get off my soapbox. I enjoy the grassroots builds of people building cars for themselves, not some cookie-cutter "look what a shop built for me" shit. Prime examples would include, but are not limited to, Duder's Dude40, Corey's Accord, and CJ's E24. No giant budget, no ridiculous team of mechanics. Just some guy spinning wrenches and throwing hammers and cussing at what they're building with their own two hands.
    My favs are that crazy Nordic/Swedish/aus dude Kruizer with the FD, FC, and RX8, Blake (mostly his FC), Hert's FC, then of the Chariot of the Damned (idk if it even exists anymore, but damn the laughs in there), Heist with the 2002 (stop making furniture please), Chubby Chowder 2002 (also stop making furniture), chutch's anything, senza pari (mad skill) .... and i should stop. those are the first that came to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
      My favs are that crazy Nordic/Swedish/aus dude Kruizer with the FD, FC, and RX8, Blake (mostly his FC), Hert's FC, then of the Chariot of the Damned (idk if it even exists anymore, but damn the laughs in there), Heist with the 2002 (stop making furniture please), Chubby Chowder 2002 (also stop making furniture), chutch's anything, senza pari (mad skill) .... and i should stop. those are the first that came to mind.
      Remember the guy with the Alfa?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        I have no issue with someone taking their car to get body work done. You want to install a kit like rocket bunny's or LW's by yourself? LOL ok.
        Body kit aside, it's the same as all the other builds where somebody pays to have coils and wheels put on.

Comment

• Got my:
          stainless steel braided brake lines
          Poly subrame, diff, tension arm, and steering rack buhsings
          MKIII LSD
          New tension arms
          Subfame reinforcement plate
          and mah por15

fuck ya
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            Got my:
            MKIII LSD
            New tension arms
            and mah por15

fuck ya
            It's cool that you can get that stuff.

Comment

• I don't like anything of chutch's and having a job is no excuse for paying someone else to wrench on "your" project.

I work a full time job, part time job, go to school for 9 credits every semester, I'm married, and I have a house and I still find time to do shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                haha oh hell yea, that dude is passionate. haven't looked at that thread in a while. best spyder ive ever seen....
                Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                Got my:
                MKIII LSD
                New tension arms
                and mah por15

fuck ya
                yo guys, whats the lowdown on stainless steel brake lines? thinking about putting them on my car too.

what is the actual benefit? better brake response? stiffer pedal feel? does anyone have experience with these?

Comment

It's cool that you can get that stuff.
                  after that its time to start piecing together my swap and getting my wheels refinished

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                  haha oh hell yea, that dude is passionate. haven't looked at that thread in a while. best spyder ive ever seen....

yo guys, whats the lowdown on stainless steel brake lines? thinking about putting them on my car too.

what is the actual benefit? better brake response? stiffer pedal feel? does anyone have experience with these?
                  Supposedly better brake response and stiffer pedal.
                  I'm getting them because I knicked the lines while I was cutting my sway bar endlinks off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
                    There are guys who build there own cars for the wrong reasons and there are guys who get their cars built for the right reason. There are anomalies to all statistics
                    This is an unfortunate truth.
                    Got my:
                    MKIII LSD
                    New tension arms
                    and mah por15

fuck ya
                    Nice. Christmas at duders.
                    I don't like anything of chutch's and having a job is no excuse for paying someone else to wrench on "your" project.

I work a full time job, part time job, go to school for 9 credits every semester, I'm married, and I have a house and I still find time to do shit.
                    This.

Short of school I'm in the same fucking boat.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

That Alfa was rad. I see one sometimes in Glasgwo

Comment

• I think you guys care too much about other people's shit.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          Supposedly better brake response and stiffer pedal.
                          I'm getting them because I knicked the lines while I was cutting my sway bar endlinks off.
                          might get some since i have to do brakes on mine anyway...

Comment

• Hope I get off early today. It's raining.

Comment

• kinda wish i was less lazy and had a part time job on top of my fulltime

that would be cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                I think you guys care too much about other people's shit.
                                I don't care enough to shit on their thread or raise a stink. This is R/T. We all bitch about stuff at some point.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose.
                                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                                Originally posted by Ollie
                                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X