This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    they just put them in a lathe and use a cut off tool to machine the lip and barrel off and make a flat surface for the lip and barrel to sit. Then it's onto a milling machine with a rotary table to drill the holes that match BBS lips and barrels.

Cost is around 1300 plus shipping. I'm going to look a bit more local. The guy on here is over in Poland. Don't really want to pay shipping.
    I still wonder why I haven't jumped at the chance to do wheel conversions for people.

I have access to two CNC HAAS mills and CNC lathes. And yet, all I've ever done is machine the hub bore on a few wheels.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
      J if you do 3 peice wheel conversions let me know. I have a couple wheels that I would like to turn to 3pc.
      XXR's?

Comment

• Looking into options for wideband, and I have no idea what I should go with lol.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          Thanks. That's what I would prefer, but some buyers say they'll only pay once they get the wheels lol.
          Then they get no wheels. That simple.
          Sup. Call me Z.
          My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            I still wonder why I haven't jumped at the chance to do wheel conversions for people.

I have access to two CNC HAAS mills and CNC lathes. And yet, all I've ever done is machine the hub bore on a few wheels.

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
            XXR's?
            The only way homie.

But just imagine the rage you would stir by 3 piecing xxr's with bbs barrels and lips.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Looking into options for wideband, and I have no idea what I should go with lol.
            Innovate, PLX, AEM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Looking into options for wideband, and I have no idea what I should go with lol.
              I'm going with this one so I can hide the display.

There's always AEM or PLX. If I had to choose I'd go with the PLX just because the setup is so versatile.

Comment

I'm going with this one so I can hide the display.

There's always AEM or PLX. If I had to choose I'd go with the PLX just because the setup is so versatile.
                That one just looks poor quality.

Comment

• PODI is a forum sponsor.

Comment

• VDO makes alot of audi OEM gauges as well.

Comment

Hard to get motivated to head back into something you did for 4 years straight.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Hard to get motivated to head back into something you did for 4 years straight.
                        Machinists?

Comment

Shit, I'm wanting to 3 piece a set of 280zx swastika wheels. I'm gonna talk to my dad to see if his mill and rotary table could handle it.

Comment

That one just looks poor quality.
                            Lifetime warranty. Plus I can test it side by side an AEM unit.

Comment

Lifetime warranty. Plus I can test it side by side an AEM unit.
                              If it holds up to the AEM then I would, but I would also worry about accuracy over time. I am going tried and true Innovate or AEM with ECU logging in the galant.

Comment

Shit, I'm wanting to 3 piece a set of 280zx swastika wheels. I'm gonna talk to my dad to see if his mill and rotary table could handle it.
                                I thought of Adolf center caps for some odd reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X