X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the link

edit:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/se...archid=1758606
    Last edited by 244Brick; 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
      So I think I'm going to get some wheels converted to 3 piece for my ZX.
      How do they do that? just cut the centers out and drill them for lips. Is it expensive?
      IG: Dimitriantoniou
      1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
      1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

• Yo, do you guys take payment (paypal) first and then ship wheels, or get payed when customer gets the wheels? Never shipped before...

Comment

• Originally posted by meech View Post
          How do they do that? just cut the centers out and drill them for lips. Is it expensive?
          they just put them in a lathe and use a cut off tool to machine the lip and barrel off and make a flat surface for the lip and barrel to sit. Then it's onto a milling machine with a rotary table to drill the holes that match BBS lips and barrels.

Cost is around 1300 plus shipping. I'm going to look a bit more local. The guy on here is over in Poland. Don't really want to pay shipping.
          Last edited by Jlyons617; 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

they gust put them in a lathe and use a cut off tool to machine the lip and barrel off and make a flat surface for the lip and barrel to sit. Then it's onto a milling machine with a rotary table to drill the holes that match BBS lips and barrels.

Cost is around 1300 plus shipping. I'm going to look a bit more local. The guy on here is over in Poland. Don't really want to pay shipping.
            I was always really fascinated in this... hope someone local gets going on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
              I was always really fascinated in this... hope someone local gets going on it.
              I wonder how much a 20 inch rotary table and a 20 inch lathe is.

Comment

I wonder how much a 20 inch rotary table and a 20 inch lathe is.
                Yo if you're thinking of doing the 3 piece conversion on the hammans you got, I guarantee you it wont be cost effective. 20" wheels aren't as desirable, so you won't have as many buyers. The only thing you can throw those on is what, an X5 or a 7 series?

Comment

Yo if you're thinking of doing the 3 piece conversion on the hammans you got, I guarantee you it wont be cost effective. 20" wheels aren't as desirable, so you won't have as many buyers. The only thing you can throw those on is what, an X5 or a 7 series?
                  No, my hamann's are already are already 2 piece. No, I was thinking about trying to find a used Grizzly mill rotary table and lathe and doing conversions myself.

Comment

No, my hamann's are already are already 2 piece. No, I was thinking about trying to find a used Grizzly mill rotary table and lathe and doing conversions myself.

Comment

• The process is pretty simple and the tooling is relatively simple. Plus I can work with my dad whose been a machinist since the 80's

Comment

• nice

Comment

Yo, do you guys take payment (paypal) first and then ship wheels, or get payed when customer gets the wheels? Never shipped before...
                          Whenever i sell mine. I let the buyer know that i'll ship them once the amount has cleared my paypal (2-5 business days). If there's a hang up, you could have sent the wheels and paypal could've refunded the buyer. No wheels + No money!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                            Whenever i sell mine. I let the buyer know that i'll ship them once the amount has cleared my paypal (2-5 business days). If there's a hang up, you could have sent the wheels and paypal could've refunded the buyer. No wheels + No money!
                            Thanks. That's what I would prefer, but some buyers say they'll only pay once they get the wheels lol.

Comment

Thanks. That's what I would prefer, but some buyers say they'll only pay once they get the wheels lol.

Comment

• J if you do 3 peice wheel conversions let me know. I have a couple wheels that I would like to turn to 3pc.

Comment

Working...
                                X