This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
    So many little things at once. I think the cats are clogged, the abs sensor is stuck in the hub and the abs isnt working(which tried to send me into another car tonight) , I am getting a raw fuel smell in the cabin, seat heater stopped working out of the blue, passenger front strut just started leaking, the car is running pig rich so not sure if it needs a new o2 sensor, there has been a road noise that has been getting progressively louder.
    God fucking damn that sucks.

As for mine after doing this compression test (#3 & #4 are wet BTW), and doing all what I have done already, I am leaning towards 3 & 4 having bad piston rings since water and/or oil keep getting in when trying to fire it up.

I might get another car and swap over parts, but I kinda enjoy not having a car payment.

Comment

• Shit throw the plugs in a run it till that bitch spits a rod out the side.

Comment

Shit throw the plugs in a run it till that bitch spits a rod out the side.
        How if it doesn't start...

Comment

• Time to clean my room. Nap fucked me over.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
            How if it doesn't start...
            Wait it doesnt start? Fuel, air, and spark

Comment

Wait it doesnt start? Fuel, air, and spark
              It doesn't get water/oil in there unless there's compression. I've used a vacuum and straw to get the water out of the cylinders since the cranking with no plugs trick doesn't work.

Since there was water getting in there only under compression, I removed the IM and cleaned it out since I thought water was present in there. I put it all back together and there's water in there again leading me to do the compression test and here I am.

One of the first checks I've done was the bent rod test and that was a pass, so my only conclusion is bad rings.

What do you think?

Comment

• Comp test shows that rings are not bad, you still have over 150psi on all cylinders

How is the water getting into the engine? have you tried to drop the oil and see if any water made it there? as that will tell you if any of it went past the rings.

When you crank the injectors fire? Is there spark when you crank?

Then If you have both those things, maybe pull the fuel pump fuse and dry crank it for a while, then see if there is any water. remove any water and crank again with the spark plug in so there is compression and repeat until no water is left. Then fire up the fuel pump again and try to fire it up
                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                  Comp test shows that rings are not bad, you still have over 150psi on all cylinders

How is the water getting into the engine? have you tried to drop the oil and see if any water made it there? as that will tell you if any of it went past the rings.

When you crank the injectors fire? Is there spark when you crank?

Then If you have both those things, maybe pull the fuel pump fuse and dry crank it for a while, then see if there is any water. remove any water and crank again with the spark plug in so there is compression and repeat until no water is left. Then fire up the fuel pump again and try to fire it up
                  I haven't dropped the oil yet and I was gonna do it today but I had already cranked the engine so I wanted to pull the oil when it was all settled.

I also haven't checked the fuel because of the timing of me washing my car with the CAI on lead me to assume that I was good on the fuel. But I'll check that out since it wouldn't do any harm when I get the time.

Comment

• Yeah pretty much there are 3 thing you should check

Fuel, Spark, Compression

If all these things are present then the car should fire up.

If it doesn't then you might have to look more into possible engine damage

Comment

• Yeah the whole water being sucked in thing just threw me off from that being the actual problem.

If it isn't fuel, I might get a new car with my dad to cosign.

Oh, I noticed after this happened, my fans come on as soon as I turn on the ignition.

You think what ever happened caused this?

Comment

• Did water get into places other than your engine like electrics and stuff? checked all your fuses and connectors and etc?

Comment

• It's possible. Another thing I'll have to look into.

Comment

• Morning all.

Coco, that's rough luck man.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• haai
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Post and run, hello to any Aussies and other Americunts.
                                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                                Originally posted by Ollie
                                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X