This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    I see them on FB classifieds all of the time for sub 5k. They're the cheapest thing Ducati makes and they're super popular, so they don't hold their value well at all. Plus they have the lowest service intervals of any modern Duc (7500 vs 18,000 -> 30,000 miles for the watercooled bikes). If you can handle your own maintenance they're not bad to own. REAL fun in the canyons cause they're so damn light.
    I'll keep that in mind. I'm torn between a Scrambler or being super basic and getting an XR650 for work and then playing on logging roads.

Comment

It was great seeing you again dude. Wish it had been under better circumstances.

I realized that I need to actually put effort into spending time with people. I kind of isolated myself for the last few years.

I was half tempted to invite the RT crew up to WA for a couple days in the summer. That or we get together for the Leavenworth Drive.

Comment

It was great seeing you again dude. Wish it had been under better circumstances.

I realized that I need to actually put effort into spending time with people. I kind of isolated myself for the last few years.
        I couldn't agree more CJ. I've done the same thing since moving here.
        Definitely need to find the time and effort to get down to the OC and see people again.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        I was half tempted to invite the RT crew up to WA for a couple days in the summer. That or we get together for the Leavenworth Drive.
        I'd be down for a Leavenworth Drive one day. That'd be a solid road trip, I'll have to aim to get the 911 done and an aluminum trailer to bring the 911 up behind the Q5
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          I'll keep that in mind. I'm torn between a Scrambler or being super basic and getting an XR650 for work and then playing on logging roads.
          XR650 would be cool too. There’s too many damn bikes out there that I want, lol. However as someone that rides a lot, I will say that fuel injection is a wonderful thing.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
            I couldn't agree more CJ. I've done the same thing since moving here.
            Definitely need to find the time and effort to get down to the OC and see people again.

I'd be down for a Leavenworth Drive one day. That'd be a solid road trip, I'll have to aim to get the 911 done and an aluminum trailer to bring the 911 up behind the Q5
            Dude, save me some space for a bike on that trailer and I’ll go with you.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Dude, save me some space for a bike on that trailer and I’ll go with you.
              Hell yeah. I am so down to organize this. I should have the 911 driving and all that shit by middle of next year... depending on when Leavenworth Drive is, might be a 2022 thing or 2023. But SO down.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• I'll probably just drive the Suburban over and camp. Making a 10+ hour round trip in an aircooled beetle sounds like hell.

Comment

I'll probably just drive the Suburban over and camp. Making a 10+ hour round trip in an aircooled beetle sounds like hell.
                  I have Worthersee planned next year. Velden am Wörther See is a 12 hour drive from where I live.
                  But ever since my car is bagged, I cant drive more than one hour without getting out because my back gets absolutely destroyed.

I'm kinda dreading the trip, ngl
                  Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• Man I did a 19 hour non stop drive by myself in a bagged 30 year old BMW. It’ll be fine.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I'll probably just drive the Suburban over and camp. Making a 10+ hour round trip in an aircooled beetle sounds like hell.
                      Nah that sounds like a ton of fun! I did a 10+ hr round trip in my 1303 once upon a time, that was an actual blast
                      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

• If I went that route, I'd flip the rear seat down for camping gear and then throw a booster in for my son lol.

Comment

If I went that route, I'd flip the rear seat down for camping gear and then throw a booster in for my son lol.
                          See, that just sounds even more fun!
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• The shop I work at went from 4 mechanics down to 2 in the span of 3 weeks. One left to be the night manager at a dispensary closer to his house, the other is just an idiot and probably realized that he was going to get fired soon so he just dipped.

Kinda tempted to ask them what the process would be for me to become a motorcycle tech...
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

The shop I work at went from 4 mechanics down to 2 in the span of 3 weeks. One left to be the night manager at a dispensary closer to his house, the other is just an idiot and probably realized that he was going to get fired soon so he just dipped.

Kinda tempted to ask them what the process would be for me to become a motorcycle tech...
                              If one guy left because a night manager at a dispensary was more lucrative.....

Comment

• He’d only been a mechanic for little over a year. The commute to the dispensary is half of what it was to the dealership, that was the deciding factor.

Also, I dragged a project bike home. I’m dumb.
                                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Working...
                                X