This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    He’d only been a mechanic for little over a year. The commute to the dispensary is half of what it was to the dealership, that was the deciding factor.

Also, I dragged a project bike home. I’m dumb.
    If you think you'd enjoy it, go for it. Is it flat rate or hourly?

What's the new project?

Comment

• They pay salary to their techs. The owner doesn’t like flat rate cause he feels like it pressures techs into rushing through jobs just to make money, so he’d rather pay more and have them take their time on a bike. Especially as we’re Ducati’s only flagship store on the west coast.

The new project is a 1996 Ducati 900SS.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• If they pay salary and you can take your time, I'd jump on it. I've always dreamed of that.
        Good score on the 900!

Also, Fuck this week. I'm in work webinars. I really don't want to come into work at 5am to read 3 articles and talk to other govt employees about the pandemic.

Comment

• Well, damnit. GTI Treffen 2022 is already cancelled. Bit on the fence whether to cancel the trip as a whole again.

On the other side, I have had my 5G inducing DNA altering shots so could still go and just chill and cruise a bit in the area. Probably wont be the only one doing that the week before.

Damn choices
          Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• I've got the potential to pick up a project car with Jennifer's cousin. A part of me wants to start him down the VW route (he's literally never done a project car, has always had a new car etc and doesn't know stick).

I've had this dream of building a mk1 but throwing an S2000 drive train under it. RWD conversion, the works.
            I need to find a shell. Fuck.
            IG: @sebastienaudeon
            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
            *pats Sebs head*
            there there.
            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
              I've got the potential to pick up a project car with Jennifer's cousin. A part of me wants to start him down the VW route (he's literally never done a project car, has always had a new car etc and doesn't know stick).

I've had this dream of building a mk1 but throwing an S2000 drive train under it. RWD conversion, the works.
              I need to find a shell. Fuck.

Getting people involved in the hobby is always a good thing. Especially with a sick project like that.
              But I can understand that with a 911 build going on, enough can be more than enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                Getting people involved in the hobby is always a good thing. Especially with a sick project like that.
                But I can understand that with a 911 build going on, enough can be more than enough
                I feel like the 911 build is going to take forever, and the Porsche tax is seriously out of control.
                I could probably build the entire mk1 project for cheaper than just the engine build on the 911...

Find a salvage title S2000, or a crashed one at auction, strip it down, sell parts.
                Find a clean mk1, probably around 3k, strip it down and start cutting it up. Put the front and rear subframes from the S2000 into the mk1, that would be an epic project.
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

I feel like the 911 build is going to take forever, and the Porsche tax is seriously out of control.
                  I could probably build the entire mk1 project for cheaper than just the engine build on the 911...

Find a salvage title S2000, or a crashed one at auction, strip it down, sell parts.
                  Find a clean mk1, probably around 3k, strip it down and start cutting it up. Put the front and rear subframes from the S2000 into the mk1, that would be an epic project.
                  I can imagine that Porsche is suffering the most from the stupid price increases we see these days.

Its funny because I had similar (but different) ideas when I had my mk1 caddy. I wanted to swap a complete Volvo 940 turbo driveline into it without giving up bed space. Sadly never did anything with the idea

Comment

• I'd love a mk1 caddy to haul a bike.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                      I'd love a mk1 caddy to haul a bike.
                      They're pretty short so you'll need to haul them with the tailgate open. I used it to haul mopeds around and they barely fitted.
                      But they are a ton of fun, parts are kinda cheap and kinda easy to get hold of.

Damn, I miss my Caddy

Comment

• I would love a caddy too, there's a couple on Samba right now...
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

I would love a caddy too, there's a couple on Samba right now...
                          I honestly think it would be a better contender for your S2K project. The rear end of a Caddy is basicly a ladder chassis. Would be easy enough to fit a subframe

Comment

• Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                            I honestly think it would be a better contender for your S2K project. The rear end of a Caddy is basicly a ladder chassis. Would be easy enough to fit a subframe
                            That's true, maybe I try and find a not so rusted one out here. They're definitely fetching a premium of late, saw a couple for 8k with rust...
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

That's true, maybe I try and find a not so rusted one out here. They're definitely fetching a premium of late, saw a couple for 8k with rust...
                              Geez, I had mine in decent condition for a third of that.
                              Still, prices are rising in Europe aswell, but not that crazy

Comment

• I wouldn't mind going down the route of importing a good one from Europe to be honest.
                                I know there's a few for sale that can be picked up for a steal, it's just a matter of actually getting it into LA and then doing all the import shit on this side
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X