Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not good enough?! fine! i'll become a drifter! first as an underground, instagram burnout king, then i'll move up into grassroots! ok the transition into pro is going to be expensive, why are all of the safety specs so specific? i really gotta sink another $50K into this shitbox? i dont know how to do some of this stuff, i gotta get sponsors! oh man but just imaging, when i zoom around that asphalt sideways making smoke and burning rubber for no real reason, imagine the crowd cheer! it'll be just like that one catch in high school at the homecoming game, remember? haha no, i'm not just trying to re-live validating moments to keep my ego inflated, this is really what I was born to do! this is the meaning of life! i truly enjoy this sport! trust me!!

wait, how many other competitors am i driving against that are just like me?!

Comment

• (spongebob-2-years-later.audio)

hey man yeah... was pretty cool winning the FD rookie of the year. who? oh dude, i thought you knew. she's been out of my life for years now. well idk, women are stupid haha she said we lost touch or something, which is retarded, i loved her. she said i became a shell of a human, obsessed with my hobbies to the point where i had no personality but i think she's just jealous, i mean... im like all over the internet and smashing events etc etc. how many times have i raced these ovals? lol i lost count... how many tires? dude.... i go through 20 sets and event so.... idk. but oh yeah, its worth it... yeah totally. i mean... i dont know what else i'd be doing lol. drifting...... saved me... yeah. ... well ok yeah nice seeing you too i gotta get back to my trailer, go over the suspension setup, these wisefab kits are mad adjustable, the side-bite im getting now is a bit much and the ackerman definitely needs to flow better when i whip, BANGH, slam it into the apex and just sssssshhhhhwwooooop slam into the stretch there but not too deep into the cone wall-tap zone even though i got that rear tubed, dude??// oh. yeah we can go over it some other time haha. peace! skrrrt skrrt!

Comment

• Morgan Freeman: Decades have passed and our dear friend has a few cardboard boxes of trophies in the corner of his high-rise 1bdrm apartment. He took a job as a systems analyst at a local food processing plant where he monitors the canning of green-house grown vegetables. The year is 2060 and his knowledge of vintage mechanics came in handy to understand how the canning machinery works. He makes 69 bitcoin an hour, which isn't much, but is an honest wage. He's out of the weather, and his company is generous enough to waft marijuana smoke through the building's ventilation system to keep their employees happily brain-dead, and existing in their own virtual dimensions. Our friend still dreams of his little vintage racer, the car that he spent most of his young adult life building. It was an interesting sport, where they mostly built very wastefully high-horsepower vehicles to go ironically in the perpendicular direction that the wheels were positioned in, all the while, burning all of the rubber off the tires in the process. Hah, what a silly time that was. He sleeps with his removable "Grip Royal" steering wheel, which is particularly hilarious since cars have been driving themselves for over 30 years now. None of the children he sees in the streets know what he's talking about when he tries to tell them about things like gasoline, camber, and modular wheels. They throw leftover french-fry-flavored tofu at him and their half-empty biodegradable drink containers with the sticky, sugary substance that is popular at the moment.

Our friend trudges home with his head hung low... wondering if he can take another day.

Luckily he has a good memory, and was able to write a virtual world of his life in the distant year, 2019. He goes there every night, and re-lives those golden moments, till he finally falls asleep.

Comment

• only to wake up the next morning to the nightmare he fell asleep in the night before

Comment

• my actual re-occurring dream

Comment

• nothing weird tho, just normal stuff

Comment

• Honestly, I'm glad I got into bikes. I'm also really glad that my gf and I have other hobbies that we enjoy individually and that she doesn't feel the need to come with me to every car/bike related thing. I thought the e28 would re-ignite the car thing for me, but honestly I'm sort of meh about both it and the car scene/hobby in general. I'd almost rather just sell/trade it for a 90's Benz wagon (because rear facing seats in a station wagon are fucking rad) and just use it as my tow pig to get to bike track day events.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• the internet drift and stance community is really hitting a new low but they're also the only two groups i follow

Comment

• yeah true, but has anyone actually used the rear facing seats? i agree theyre rad, but.... never seen em used.

would be sick in a frat in college days. or high school

Comment

• really need a new driver seat in my new beater. must have been driven by a land whale at some point cause the whole seat is collapsed and crooked

Comment

• its messing with my back lol

Comment

• tempted to get an ebay sparco knockoff

Comment

• are infinity G37 seats comfortable?

Comment

• ah, a friday, what have i done to deserve such a pardon

Comment

• what am i gonna go on about today

Comment

Working...
                                X