Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So during the transmission swap of the Volvo I broke just about as much as I inteded to fix. Dang it.

Anyway, since the exhaust is already off the engine, airbox will not fit the car anymore and everything is already unplugged, I decided that the engine swap will also happen at the same time.

So much for swapping parts one by one to make sure everything can get tested
    Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• Havent worked since last Thursday, my next scheduled day is this Friday, no work scheduled after next Monday. I need a different job. This registry physical therapy job is bullshit now, and I'm burnt out on healthcare in general.

Also I replaced the MAF in the e46 and it's still showing a check engine light and running like dogshit, so I'm assuming there's a vacuum leak somewhere. Fuck my life.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
        Havent worked since last Thursday, my next scheduled day is this Friday, no work scheduled after next Monday. I need a different job. This registry physical therapy job is bullshit now, and I'm burnt out on healthcare in general.

Also I replaced the MAF in the e46 and it's still showing a check engine light and running like dogshit, so I'm assuming there's a vacuum leak somewhere. Fuck my life.
        Check the hoses that go behind the head for the air pump? Mine were all dry rotten and shit, threw a stupid "LEAN" code. Replaced the hoses, life was good.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Definitely went MIA for a hot second there, but we're back baby
          IG: @sebastienaudeon
          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
          *pats Sebs head*
          there there.
          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Nothing thread update worthy (yet) but I pulled the engine from the donor brick yesterday.
            Time for new seals, gaskets, timing belt, waterpump etc.

I may even decide to paint the engine. Still a bit of doubt on that part..

Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

• Celebrated turning 37 this weekend by taking my Ducati to Willow Springs. First time I’ve ever been on a track. God that was fun.

Got a phone interview today for a potential new job. Fingers crossed.
              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• And another place called me back today and they want to do an in person interview on Friday.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                  Nothing thread update worthy (yet) but I pulled the engine from the donor brick yesterday.
                  Time for new seals, gaskets, timing belt, waterpump etc.

I may even decide to paint the engine. Still a bit of doubt on that part..
                  Gettin' some sheit done. Paint it if you're in doubt. Even if you fog the thing black.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                  Celebrated turning 37 this weekend by taking my Ducati to Willow Springs. First time I’ve ever been on a track. God that was fun.

Got a phone interview today for a potential new job. Fingers crossed.
                  Your trip to Willow Springs looked incredible. That's one hell of an awesome birthday gift to yourself. Fingers crossed for your interviews, dude.

Happy Monday ya bunch of fucks.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Thanks Chris.

Going back to one of the interview spots tomorrow. The general manager seemed to like me, so he wants me to meet with some of the other employees.

Spent my morning filing for unemployment. In the last 2 weeks I’ve worked a total of 4 days. Lol. Fuck my life.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Met with the assistant manager at that potential job and she had concerns about my lack of experience. Tried to sell myself the best that I could and the general manager still seemed pretty stoked on me, so we’ll see. Trying to not get my hopes up.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Drove the Suburban to work today. Everything's working well, after 2 weeks of testing it's time to hook up the trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          Drove the Suburban to work today. Everything's working well, after 2 weeks of testing it's time to hook up the trailer.
                          Hell yeah dude, that’s awesome.
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Thanks man, LS swap was the best decision for this thing. Plus the Terminator X ECU was simple as hell.

Comment

• How's the interviewing going?

Comment

• One place said they'd let me know today. The assistant manager seemed concerned about my lack of prior experience even though the general manager seemed stoked on me during the first interview. Tried my best to sell myself as being adaptable to any new situation and capable of handling whatever shit they throw at me. The other place hadn't got back to me, so I reached out to their HR person and he said they'd let me know today as well. So now I wait, stressed out as fuck. Gonna keep looking for jobs in my own field today as well, even though the 10+ places I've applied to over the past week haven't gotten me a single call back. Shits rough.
                                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Working...
                                X