Page 2697 of 2697 FirstFirst ... 16972197259726472687269526962697
Results 67,401 to 67,413 of 67413

Thread: Random Thread V2.0

  1. #67401
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Well, damnit. GTI Treffen 2022 is already cancelled. Bit on the fence whether to cancel the trip as a whole again.

    On the other side, I have had my 5G inducing DNA altering shots so could still go and just chill and cruise a bit in the area. Probably wont be the only one doing that the week before.

    Damn choices
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  2. #67402
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    I've got the potential to pick up a project car with Jennifer's cousin. A part of me wants to start him down the VW route (he's literally never done a project car, has always had a new car etc and doesn't know stick).

    I've had this dream of building a mk1 but throwing an S2000 drive train under it. RWD conversion, the works.
    I need to find a shell. Fuck.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

  3. #67403
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    I've got the potential to pick up a project car with Jennifer's cousin. A part of me wants to start him down the VW route (he's literally never done a project car, has always had a new car etc and doesn't know stick).

    I've had this dream of building a mk1 but throwing an S2000 drive train under it. RWD conversion, the works.
    I need to find a shell. Fuck.

    Getting people involved in the hobby is always a good thing. Especially with a sick project like that.
    But I can understand that with a 911 build going on, enough can be more than enough
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  4. #67404
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yezzz View Post
    Getting people involved in the hobby is always a good thing. Especially with a sick project like that.
    But I can understand that with a 911 build going on, enough can be more than enough
    I feel like the 911 build is going to take forever, and the Porsche tax is seriously out of control.
    I could probably build the entire mk1 project for cheaper than just the engine build on the 911...

    Find a salvage title S2000, or a crashed one at auction, strip it down, sell parts.
    Find a clean mk1, probably around 3k, strip it down and start cutting it up. Put the front and rear subframes from the S2000 into the mk1, that would be an epic project.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

  5. #67405
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    I feel like the 911 build is going to take forever, and the Porsche tax is seriously out of control.
    I could probably build the entire mk1 project for cheaper than just the engine build on the 911...

    Find a salvage title S2000, or a crashed one at auction, strip it down, sell parts.
    Find a clean mk1, probably around 3k, strip it down and start cutting it up. Put the front and rear subframes from the S2000 into the mk1, that would be an epic project.
    I can imagine that Porsche is suffering the most from the stupid price increases we see these days.

    Its funny because I had similar (but different) ideas when I had my mk1 caddy. I wanted to swap a complete Volvo 940 turbo driveline into it without giving up bed space. Sadly never did anything with the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  6. #67406
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    I'd love a mk1 caddy to haul a bike.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

    Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

  7. #67407
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theseeker411 View Post
    I'd love a mk1 caddy to haul a bike.
    They're pretty short so you'll need to haul them with the tailgate open. I used it to haul mopeds around and they barely fitted.
    But they are a ton of fun, parts are kinda cheap and kinda easy to get hold of.

    Damn, I miss my Caddy
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  8. #67408
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    I would love a caddy too, there's a couple on Samba right now...
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

  9. #67409
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    I would love a caddy too, there's a couple on Samba right now...
    I honestly think it would be a better contender for your S2K project. The rear end of a Caddy is basicly a ladder chassis. Would be easy enough to fit a subframe
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  10. #67410
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yezzz View Post
    I honestly think it would be a better contender for your S2K project. The rear end of a Caddy is basicly a ladder chassis. Would be easy enough to fit a subframe
    That's true, maybe I try and find a not so rusted one out here. They're definitely fetching a premium of late, saw a couple for 8k with rust...
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

  11. #67411
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    That's true, maybe I try and find a not so rusted one out here. They're definitely fetching a premium of late, saw a couple for 8k with rust...
    Geez, I had mine in decent condition for a third of that.
    Still, prices are rising in Europe aswell, but not that crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

  12. #67412
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    I wouldn't mind going down the route of importing a good one from Europe to be honest.
    I know there's a few for sale that can be picked up for a steal, it's just a matter of actually getting it into LA and then doing all the import shit on this side
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

  13. #67413
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A hole in the Netherlands
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Been in quarantine since wednesday last week. Got tested positive for covid. Luckly enough, I have barly been sick. To bad my workshop is filled with stuff from construction workers so I couldnt spend my quarantine working on the car.

    One thing I am lucky about, since I cant smell almost anything right now, changing my diff fluid on the daily will be a much nicer experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

    I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •