No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see more progress, definitely looks promising.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

I can't wait to see it finished.
      Good work man!

Comment

This is neat. Look forward to seeing it out of paint!
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Stopped by today to check progress and pick up some finished panels.

That horrible rear arch has been mostly smoothed out.

Body kit holes welded up and getting a nasty dent in the rocker pulled out.

Inside of the doors are done. The only stuff left to paint that is off that car are the outsides of the doors.

Shaved hatch

Fenders done. Lower part of the fenders was textured from the factory so I had it smoothed.

A dusty sunroof panel riding shotgun.

The bumpers and sunroof panel made it home today. I could have fit more stuff in the Golf but didn't want to risk scratching anything. Made it home fine and wiped off all the bodyshop dust. Extremely impressed at how the bumpers look. These never came smoothed from the factory but I'm starting to think they should have!

Took this on the way home too. Diggin it.

instagram : demrimz
          StatesideWheel

Comment

Love the harlequin. Is it on bags? And great job with the Rocco! Props for sticking with it

Comment

Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
              Love the harlequin. Is it on bags? And great job with the Rocco! Props for sticking with it
              Thanks. It's static though
              StatesideWheel

Comment

This gonna be dope. Can't wait man.
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

This is going to be insane. Love it already.

Your mk3 is crazy good static that is for sure.
                  Can't wait to see what you do with the Scirocco.
                  IG: @sebastienaudeon
                  1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                  *pats Sebs head*
                  there there.
                  keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Thumbs up for fellow lexington person!

Comment

haha i love the harlequin

IG: Nick475

Comment

This is gonna be cool as shit! And I'm super jealous of the Harli, Ive seen you cruising around Louisville a time or two
                        Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Heck yes! I'm loving both of your vws.

Comment

Well done with the scirocco man, they're a hard car to love. I had one and sold it on rather than try to get into what you're at - you've good stating power to keep with it this long. Or maybe you're just stubborn! There's a really nice MKII in England, it's grey and has the wing gone from the boot lid - might be good inspiration for you. Lovin' what you've done so far, smoothing defo helps

Comment

Great work so far! cant wait to see this thing when its done!
                              http://sweet-mechanical-goodness.tumblr.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've lost steam on this project many times over the years but I'm glad I never gave up on it.

Originally posted by magnumleigh View Post
                                Well done with the scirocco man, they're a hard car to love. I had one and sold it on rather than try to get into what you're at - you've good stating power to keep with it this long. Or maybe you're just stubborn! There's a really nice MKII in England, it's grey and has the wing gone from the boot lid - might be good inspiration for you. Lovin' what you've done so far, smoothing defo helps
                                I think I'm just stubborn with this one... definitely hard to love these but once it started to progress it wasn't nearly as difficult.

I may have seen that gray one you're referring to. There's only a few cars that have been inspiring to me, everything else is either stock or stuck in the 90's.

This car is my main inspiration ever since I saw it in '08. 16V supercharged with shaved body kit, shaved hatch, shaved tail lights, smoothed bumpers, etc etc. It has the look I'm going for but I plan on lowering mine a bit more and running 15's (plus my car will be red).

Has my old Compomotive TH Mono's in these pics. I traded him for some BCW Powertechs (15x8 & 9) which I regret getting rid of. However if I still had them I'd be one step closer to having an identical car

About to go strip the 1" lips from the RS's and get to polishing. Also ordered some of this stuff last night (for the 001 centers):

On sale... heard it works pretty well... too poor for powdercoating... etc etc. Seems like a pretty good option and I know Eastwood makes quality stuff.
                                StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
                                X