It's Back. Again. - E46 BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Back. Again. - E46 BMW

This is my third "build" thread for the same car. I haven't done anything since the last update on my old thread so this is all going to be new.

To shed a little quick update of what I've done; I replaced the front amber turn signals with white ones, installed FK Streetline Coilovers, rewired and replaced the cars audio system. Other than those simple 3 things the car has not really been modified besides a couple sets of wheels and tires. *In photos below the rear is higher off of the ground because I was recently running a bigger set of wheels and tires. Once I get my new spacers I will lower the back and roll the fenders after I know how it is sitting.

The car is currently sitting on BMW Style 106's 17x8" ET 47 with 205/40/17 Falken 912's. The widths of the wheels are a little disappointing, I'll just have to live with it I guess. The front currently has a 30mm spacer on it but I have a new 40mm spacer to replace it with coming in the mail from Adaptec Speedware. And don't worry, I got a 45mm spacer for the rear. The tuck in the rear right now is horrendous.

This Tuesday I will have new GEOMET cross drilled/slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads delivered. I'll most likely have them on the next day, I will be sure to update with pictures.

This Spring my checklist includes; replacing my cars amber/red taillights with white/red ones, replacing the stock muffler with a Magnaflow muffler and getting a OEM European license plate bracket and shark fin antenna painted. I might also do some pillar/headliner rewraps for the inside of the car. Hopefully I can "complete" my car before I head off to college next year at Arizona State.

And before you look at the pictures, yeah the car is fucking dirty. It needs a good wash.

^ I have a set of Style 68's for sale, they are staggered, 7.5" and 8.5" I also have a set of 17" Style 5's with white faces, the lips need to be re-polished!
    NathanHeeney.com

Update - 4/14

Today I had to fix some problems with my audio. I placed more Dynamat on the two door frames and door cards. Both doors also had broken speaker mounts, so I fixed those and I finally got rid of the annoying rattling sound from the bass.

NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Looking clean, needs to be more nice BMW's around KC.
      My '66 C10 Build
      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
        Looking clean, needs to be more nice BMW's around KC.
        I totally agree, I wish the scene was bigger in KC.
        NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Update - 4/16

My order from ECS Tuning came in today. I received my Hawk HPS brake pads, GEOMET slotted and cross drilled rotors, 12x1.5x35mm wheel bolts and BMW OEM brake sensors. I only managed to finish my front rotors and brake pads today. I'll upload photos of how the front wheels look with the new rotors tomorrow, it got to dark to take any decent pictures. This was also my first time doing any brake work so it took my a couple hours to get a hang of it. I should easily get my rear rotors and brakes replaced in a couple of hours.

So far from what I have experienced with the rotor/pad set up is that the braking has increased dramatically, my ABS response time is quicker and toggles on and off more on hard braking. It will still take some time to wear the pads and rotors in so I will give a more thorough review later on.

^ These OEM brake pads are toast, stopping with these things where getting a tad sketchy.

^ I finally convinced my dad to purchase new wheels for my moms 5 series and I think they look pretty flossy on her car.
          NathanHeeney.com

Comment

nice brakes! i need to do that to mine!

My Build Thread
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42705

Comment

Originally posted by Yert90 View Post
              nice brakes! i need to do that to mine!
              Thanks! Go for it, it's pretty easy to do.
              NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Update - 4/17

I got my rear rotors and pads put on today, took about three hours to complete. While I was working on the rear I also took out the two perches in the back off of the spring. I'm still not sitting anywhere close to where I want to be. Hopefully my 45mm spacer will fill up that space appropriately...

I also got new wiper blades! That's cool right? There Bosch!

^ Not a whole lot of stretch but it will work for my needs. *205/40 on a 8"

^ Not low enough!
                NathanHeeney.com

Comment

looks good. ive never seen someone on those oem wheels. I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by RCSummers View Post
                    looks good. ive never seen someone on those oem wheels. I like it!
                    Thanks! I tried looking all over online to see if anyone has done it before and I couldn't find anything. I ended up buying the wheels before I even photoshopped them onto my car.
                    NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Really like the car !

Do you have a FS thread for the style 5's or PM me the info.
                      Also, were you rubbing the coils without a spacer in front ?

Thanks men and keep up the good work

Comment

Lookin good man. I had the FK streetlines on my Jetta and I really liked them for the price but now i have a 330ci and was wondering how you like them on your bmw?

Comment

Originally posted by dylan. View Post
                          Lookin good man. I had the FK streetlines on my Jetta and I really liked them for the price but now i have a 330ci and was wondering how you like them on your bmw?
                          Thanks! I like them a lot. The only problem is that I can't seem to get the rear to go any lower. Other E46's seem to go lower so I don't understand why I can't go any lower on the rear.

Originally posted by MrGL2 View Post
                          Really like the car !

Do you have a FS thread for the style 5's or PM me the info.
                          Also, were you rubbing the coils without a spacer in front ?

Thanks men and keep up the good work
                          I don't have a thread yet, but I will PM you. Yeah, without a spacer on the front I couldn't even mount these wheels on. The offset is to high.
                          NathanHeeney.com

Comment

only other person ive seen on those wheels was DtmDan on e46fanatics, i believe he is on here as well. You pull them off quite nicely though!
                            EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Comment

Originally posted by NathanHeeney View Post
                              Thanks! I like them a lot. The only problem is that I can't seem to get the rear to go any lower. Other E46's seem to go lower so I don't understand why I can't go any lower on the rear.

I don't have a thread yet, but I will PM you. Yeah, without a spacer on the front I couldn't even mount these wheels on. The offset is to high.
                              That's odd they won't go any lower. They went pretty low on the Jetta. Hopefully you figure it out. How many threads did you say you have left in the front?

Comment

Working...
                              X