Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Back. Again. - E46 BMW

Post It's Back. Again. - E46 BMW

This is my third "build" thread for the same car. I haven't done anything since the last update on my old thread so this is all going to be new.

To shed a little quick update of what I've done; I replaced the front amber turn signals with white ones, installed FK Streetline Coilovers, rewired and replaced the cars audio system. Other than those simple 3 things the car has not really been modified besides a couple sets of wheels and tires. *In photos below the rear is higher off of the ground because I was recently running a bigger set of wheels and tires. Once I get my new spacers I will lower the back and roll the fenders after I know how it is sitting.

The car is currently sitting on BMW Style 106's 17x8" ET 47 with 205/40/17 Falken 912's. The widths of the wheels are a little disappointing, I'll just have to live with it I guess. The front currently has a 30mm spacer on it but I have a new 40mm spacer to replace it with coming in the mail from Adaptec Speedware. And don't worry, I got a 45mm spacer for the rear. The tuck in the rear right now is horrendous.

This Tuesday I will have new GEOMET cross drilled/slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads delivered. I'll most likely have them on the next day, I will be sure to update with pictures.

This Spring my checklist includes; replacing my cars amber/red taillights with white/red ones, replacing the stock muffler with a Magnaflow muffler and getting a OEM European license plate bracket and shark fin antenna painted. I might also do some pillar/headliner rewraps for the inside of the car. Hopefully I can "complete" my car before I head off to college next year at Arizona State.

And before you look at the pictures, yeah the car is fucking dirty. It needs a good wash.

^ I have a set of Style 68's for sale, they are staggered, 7.5" and 8.5" I also have a set of 17" Style 5's with white faces, the lips need to be re-polished!

Default Update - 4/14

Today I had to fix some problems with my audio. I placed more Dynamat on the two door frames and door cards. Both doors also had broken speaker mounts, so I fixed those and I finally got rid of the annoying rattling sound from the bass.

Looking clean, needs to be more nice BMW's around KC.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 99sil-teg View Post
    Looking clean, needs to be more nice BMW's around KC.
    I totally agree, I wish the scene was bigger in KC.
    NathanHeeney.com

Default Update - 4/16

My order from ECS Tuning came in today. I received my Hawk HPS brake pads, GEOMET slotted and cross drilled rotors, 12x1.5x35mm wheel bolts and BMW OEM brake sensors. I only managed to finish my front rotors and brake pads today. I'll upload photos of how the front wheels look with the new rotors tomorrow, it got to dark to take any decent pictures. This was also my first time doing any brake work so it took my a couple hours to get a hang of it. I should easily get my rear rotors and brakes replaced in a couple of hours.

So far from what I have experienced with the rotor/pad set up is that the braking has increased dramatically, my ABS response time is quicker and toggles on and off more on hard braking. It will still take some time to wear the pads and rotors in so I will give a more thorough review later on.

^ These OEM brake pads are toast, stopping with these things where getting a tad sketchy.

^ I finally convinced my dad to purchase new wheels for my moms 5 series and I think they look pretty flossy on her car.
    NathanHeeney.com

nice brakes! i need to do that to mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Yert90 View Post
    nice brakes! i need to do that to mine!
    Thanks! Go for it, it's pretty easy to do.
    NathanHeeney.com

Default Update - 4/17

I got my rear rotors and pads put on today, took about three hours to complete. While I was working on the rear I also took out the two perches in the back off of the spring. I'm still not sitting anywhere close to where I want to be. Hopefully my 45mm spacer will fill up that space appropriately...

I also got new wiper blades! That's cool right? There Bosch!

^ Not a whole lot of stretch but it will work for my needs. *205/40 on a 8"

^ Not low enough!
    NathanHeeney.com

looks good. ive never seen someone on those oem wheels. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by RCSummers View Post
    looks good. ive never seen someone on those oem wheels. I like it!
    Thanks! I tried looking all over online to see if anyone has done it before and I couldn't find anything. I ended up buying the wheels before I even photoshopped them onto my car.
    NathanHeeney.com

Really like the car !

Do you have a FS thread for the style 5's or PM me the info.
    Also, were you rubbing the coils without a spacer in front ?

Thanks men and keep up the good work

Lookin good man. I had the FK streetlines on my Jetta and I really liked them for the price but now i have a 330ci and was wondering how you like them on your bmw?

Quote Originally Posted by dylan. View Post
    Lookin good man. I had the FK streetlines on my Jetta and I really liked them for the price but now i have a 330ci and was wondering how you like them on your bmw?
    Thanks! I like them a lot. The only problem is that I can't seem to get the rear to go any lower. Other E46's seem to go lower so I don't understand why I can't go any lower on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGL2 View Post
    Really like the car !

Do you have a FS thread for the style 5's or PM me the info.
    Also, were you rubbing the coils without a spacer in front ?

Thanks men and keep up the good work
    I don't have a thread yet, but I will PM you. Yeah, without a spacer on the front I couldn't even mount these wheels on. The offset is to high.
    NathanHeeney.com

only other person ive seen on those wheels was DtmDan on e46fanatics, i believe he is on here as well. You pull them off quite nicely though!
    EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Quote Originally Posted by NathanHeeney View Post
    Thanks! I like them a lot. The only problem is that I can't seem to get the rear to go any lower. Other E46's seem to go lower so I don't understand why I can't go any lower on the rear.

I don't have a thread yet, but I will PM you. Yeah, without a spacer on the front I couldn't even mount these wheels on. The offset is to high.
    That's odd they won't go any lower. They went pretty low on the Jetta. Hopefully you figure it out. How many threads did you say you have left in the front?

Really like the car !

Quote Originally Posted by e46cruiser View Post
    only other person ive seen on those wheels was DtmDan on e46fanatics, i believe he is on here as well. You pull them off quite nicely though!
    Thanks! I'll look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan. View Post
    That's odd they won't go any lower. They went pretty low on the Jetta. Hopefully you figure it out. How many threads did you say you have left in the front?
    I don't know have many threads for sure, I can let you know when I put my new spacers on. I think I can lower in another half inch.

Quote Originally Posted by staciwaas View Post
    Really like the car !
    Thanks!
    NathanHeeney.com

Default Update - 4/30

I've sent my car off to get some maintenance done. I sent it in for a 90K mile service but there happens to be many other problems that I didn't know I was going to have to pay for. It's going to hurt my wallet but it just has to get done before I leave for Arizona in a couple months.

In the meantime however, I got my Thule kayak holder onto my OEM BMW roof bars. I've decided that I am going to start actually using my kayak... It has been in the storage unit for a couple years now...

P.S. Adaptec Speedware is making me a tad bit frustrated.The custom spacers I ordered were said to be shipped out in 7 to 10 business days, it has been 13 business days since then and they still haven't been shipped out... I ordered them on the tenth of April. Hopefully I get them this week but more than likely I will get them next week at this pace...

^iPhone Photos
    NathanHeeney.com

Default Update - 5/5

I got my car back from the shop and I've decided to start Kayaking for exercise so I slapped this bad boy on my roof.

*My spacers should be here this week. I'll be sure to update with photos.

NathanHeeney.com

Looks great, adaptec went full retard with me too. So it's not just you.
    C5 A6 / / AMU TT

last shot is so dope. Love the oem wheels, looks really good

Default Update - 5/11

I finally got my 40mm/45mm spacers in last week, three days shy of a month to receive them after placing my order... Despite that taking so long, I got used red/white tail lights from a 2002 M3 from Canada.

Either my crossover or speaker broke so I have been driving around without a passenger side door card on for a week, my girlfriend isn't too pleased about it...

____

Then today I borrowed a fender roller from a local KC Euro member and got to work. Would of been a painless job but E46's have an unnecessary amount of rubber glued into the lip on the fender. I had to scrape it all out with a box cutter and the curved side of a hammer. After pulling out all of the rubber I sprayed the area down with a zinc aerosol to prevent rusting. I did that to the inside of the fender and to the outside where my tires rubbed before the rolling process.

____

I need to buy either a 5mm or 10mm spacer to give the rear a little bit more poke, the front is perfect.

And now on to what everyone actually cares about, the pictures.

photo Tilt_zps212355bf.jpg

photo Dog_zpsf50a1631.jpg

photo Rear_zps9f43bfb7.jpg

photo mud_zps85eb5e5f.jpg

photo Slant_zps21bf4645.jpg

photo 45_zps0d525be7.jpg

photo CAr_zpsc11e0007.jpg

photo drive_zpsd5fcfaaf.jpg

photo Slot_zps67e8216f.jpg

photo Front_zpsf6d7bf44.jpg

photo Wheel_zpsd9d39d9b.jpg

photo 2_zpsc4d8aded.jpg

photo bs_zps11df65ec.jpg
    NathanHeeney.com

Ugh you make me want to get an E46. Your car has a very OEM+ feel and I enjoy it a lot.
    Awesome picture's also!
    I Lurk a lot.
    Follow me on IG: vSabertoothv

Quote Originally Posted by Sabertooth View Post
    Ugh you make me want to get an E46. Your car has a very OEM+ feel and I enjoy it a lot.
    Awesome picture's also!
    Thanks! You should get one, it's my favorite BMW series. Behind the E30 series of course.
    NathanHeeney.com