Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STANCE|WORKS - An Open Discussion - Bagged or Static? Which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reubencanyon View Post
    I mean I've always been into motorsports like drift, autox, and drag. None of those sports can be done efficiently with bags.
    Preconception is a funny thing. It seems air suspension gets a beating (pun intended) from all sides, with people talking like experts without any first-hand experience, and really very little knowledge about the origins of how it came to be. To some it might feel like a relatively new arrival on the performance scene, but …

IG: Nick475

Comment

Bags are great and certainly have the wow factor but I've always kind of felt like bags are like posting a picture of your car that's been photoshopped slammed. If you can't drive at that height then what's the point? Cars are made to be driven, so I prefer my vehicles to be the way I want them to be while moving. I'd rather drag subframe all the way across town than have a car that only looks right when it's parked.

Though I think my opinion of bags has been soured by the fact that now there are so many bagged cars on the scene that can't even lay frame. I have less ground clearance on my static daily than I see on some of these laid out bagged cars and it just doesn't make much sense to me, but to each his own. I like the challenge of pushing the limits of a static setup.

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        http://kw-suspension.com/us/kw_hls.php

where do these fit in?

anybody has an educated opinion on them? (if not, turn round and leave ty)

pros/cons
        kind of a weird thread to ask this... but to my understanding they can be fitted on most if not all KW coilovers.

The downside with these is that its very expensive, I believe you can get airride for almost the same price as a KW kit + HLS. its intended to temporarily raise the car, I suppse if you have a suspension setup that is otherwise perfect but need an additional 20mm to get into your garage etc, this might be handy, but a full air ride set up of course provides a lot more adjustability.

The BDC GARAGE / Audi Q5 STLTHPRJKT / Audi A4 APR stg3+ / Porsche 964 C4 airride / Aircooled Dpt
        www.bdcfamilia.com | facebook.com/bdcfamilia | @BDCFAMILIA (Instagram)

Comment

Bags are cool but i'm static all the way.
          Cut it up Fresssshhhh!!!!!

W204 c350
          Riverside Altstadt 1 Wheels
          Simply Static

Comment

I'd love to roll static and uber slammed but the roads are terrible and I guess I'm just too much of a wimp to destroy the underside of my car... :lol: So I'm going bags to roll near laid out and air up for those really crazy roads... Next truck I build will have a bulletproof underside and frame so I'll drag it everywhere...
            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

The presence of a slammed static car >> an air'd up car. Hands down.
              If my car looks tough parked, I want it to look even more insane rolling.

Although like someone said earlier, bags for the wife's car.
              Instagram - @tonyalo_

Comment

I have owned only static cars prior to our current fleet and was confident that coilovers were the only way to go for performance...until we bought our current Audi on Airlift. Setting up a coilover car for form AND function is almost impossible if you want nice fitment and a wider tire. If it sits like I want, it rubs going up angled driveways or when leaning on it hard in corners. Anyone who tells you that their slammed/fitted car on coils never rubs is either lying or deaf. The Airlift suspension is more comfortable even than my Fortune Auto 500 Series which were by far the most comfortable slammed ride I've ever had. It never feels jarring or harsh and in my opinion an air spring's response to sharp and gradual undulations is superior to a coil spring for ride quality. It handles hard street driving flawlessly. It gets so much lower than any coilover car could when parked and never rubs at ride height. To me, with modern air suspension, on a street car, there are zero compromises other than price.
                Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 05-15-2014, 01:14 PM.
                '13 allroad - Airlift, Vossen
                '04 Cayenne Turbo - Links, 22" Renntech Reps
                '02 allroad - 402'd + Links, 19" Atheos

Comment

Yes
                  cars and stuff

Comment

I like hitting the ground and not having any other options so static for me 👍 but I do like bagged cars
                    Just lower it.

Comment

static radios.

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Working...
                      X