George of the (Asphalt) Jungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George of the (Asphalt) Jungle

Since the weather has been cooperating lately, we’ve got another video for you today!

As we mention in both the video and the description thereof, George’s build consists of a T3 turbocharger mated to custom intake and exhaust manifolds, as well as custom intercooler piping. FMU made the exhaust manifold, the downpipe, the rear section of the exhaust, as well as a good bit of the intercooler piping. We also tuned it using George’s included standalone unit. The wastegate dump tube, as you can see in the beginning of the video, dumps out to atmosphere right around where the fender meets the door. A little extra noise never hurt anybody, right?

Featuring a one-point compression drop thanks to an upgraded head gasket, the setup makes approximately 210 rwhp on our Dyno Dynamics dyno at 16 psi of boost. The setup can run up to 22 psi reliably on the current internals, but the customer requested that we tune for reliability at the expense of a little bit of power.

Yes, it’s not a 600 rwhp beast, but that’s not everything we build. And even still, this car is quite a bit of fun at this power level, since it’s not very heavy. It’s a spry little car, built with both reliability and fun in mind. Once we get to the perfect part of spring where the weather is perfect for both boost and traction, it’ll be an absolute blast. Enjoy the video, and as always, share it around and let us know what you think.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58rtqoam44"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58rtqoam44[/ame]

If you’d like to know more about the 318’s build, click this sentence to head over to George’s corner of our Projects section. Have a great start to your week!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

That's a pretty steep angle on that turbocharger. Do you foresee any long term reliability issues with it like that?

1988 300zx-t

Comment

Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
      That's a pretty steep angle on that turbocharger. Do you foresee any long term reliability issues with it like that?
      Good question! We do have the turbo clocked in such a way that the oil doesn't have an issue flowing in and out, and all the driving and testing we've done seems to reinforce that everything's looking good for the long term.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Nice, you think you can squeeze 300whp from it on stock internals?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          Nice, you think you can squeeze 300whp from it on stock internals?
          It's currently at 16 psi, and this setup maxes out at ~22 psi.

So...80-90 whp from 6 extra psi? Probably not likely.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
            Good question! We do have the turbo clocked in such a way that the oil doesn't have an issue flowing in and out, and all the driving and testing we've done seems to reinforce that everything's looking good for the long term.
            Right on man. MFR spec is usually around 20 degrees along its longidutinal axis, but i don't recall if there's one for about its lateral axis. Stoked on the car tho, very cool

1988 300zx-t

Comment

Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
              Right on man. MFR spec is usually around 20 degrees along its longidutinal axis, but i don't recall if there's one for about its lateral axis. Stoked on the car tho, very cool
              Thanks, man! It's certainly a polarizing one. Some people **** it (mostly for the styling, others because it's not some 7902348 rwhp beast), other people love it.

Personally, having driven it, it's a spry little car that's a lot of fun for the power level it has.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

im sure its a fun little go-kart to drive. i just cant get over the poor fitment of the front kit in the first picture...
                I'm a mercenary for the restaurant industry.

Comment

Originally posted by M0ar.Stickers View Post
                  im sure its a fun little go-kart to drive. i just cant get over the poor fitment of the front kit in the first picture...
                  We agree. You should have seen it when it first came in. We helped it retain its shape a bit better, but if the customer's not going to put money towards it, there's only so much we can do.

Can't say I've ever seen this kit anywhere before. Most E36 setups usually separate the bumper and kidney portions of the front fascia. Not this one.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                    We agree. You should have seen it when it first came in. We helped it retain its shape a bit better, but if the customer's not going to put money towards it, there's only so much we can do.

Can't say I've ever seen this kit anywhere before. Most E36 setups usually separate the bumper and kidney portions of the front fascia. Not this one.
                    It almost looks like it belongs on a Z3M. But to each his own I guess...
                    I'm a mercenary for the restaurant industry.

Comment

Working...
                    X