No announcement yet.

FaKe WhEeLs ArE FaKe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels are lame. Tank treads are where its at.
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
      If you have a problem with curbing wheels, then stop driving.
      This.

p.s. Your evo makes my man juices flow violently...
      Flickr

Comment

Everyone arguing back and forth: There are two streets to this argument. Yes, quality is an important one. "You always get what you pay for" is not true - there are very cheap wheels that are built with quality and care, such as the folks at Enkei. There are expensive wheels that are built with no standards, such as Kranson. And there are countless wheels in between. Poorly engineered wheels fail, and chances are, if you're running replica wheels, they're not tested to a reasonable extent.

Cheap wheels =/= Bad wheels. There are great options at every price point.

What you guys should care about is supporting creative companies that push the industry forward - not the ones that rip them off. By supporting replica companies, you're starving the guys who designed, tested, and created the real thing. If you kill them off, we're left with nothing. Don't say "oh well I could never afford real LMs anyways so it's okay if I get fakes." Just because you can't afford real ones doesn't make it okay to support a company who stole the design. You're supporting thieves, you're supporting companies that hurt the integrity of the automotive aftermarket, which is something we all practically live in.

To say that buying replicas doesn't hurt the big guys is the most uninformed justification you could ever hope to make. Companies like Greddy/TRUST have gone through bankruptcy because of counterfeit companies. Mackin Industries, who are the great people behind names like Volk and Rays, have released statements that any distributors who carry replicas of their wheels will not be allowed to carry the real deal.

Companies like these are the people that innovate, create, and build the next big thing for the car scene each year. Stop supporting the idiots who are stealing these designs and passing them off to you in half-assed low-quality versions. Support these companies because they, whether you realize it or not, support you as well.

The guys at Volk support this forum by helping pay for the massive costs it takes to run this website. This forum is free for you guys to use - but at the end of the day, this site costs more to run than I think most of you might expect. If you support the knockoffs like Varstoen and Rota, you'll kill everything we've got.

Be real automotive enthusiasts. Save your pennies if you can't afford something. That's what your grandfather would tell you. Your father too. Buy the real thing - support quality and innovation. And **** off with your replica bullshit.
        Last edited by M.Burroughs; 03-07-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Well said, Mike.
          BMW E38
          That White Evo
          -SOLD
          instagram @kbuss
          flickr

Comment

its a miracle that you got the man himself to take the time to actually post in this worthless thread.

As usual it has turned into a pointless debate where cheap young people are trying to justify their cheapness.

Also, this isnt the classifieds, you cant advertise things for sale here.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Ccw's aren't expensive never seen a set break, j lines are in expensive also along with image, work and ssr... Who all offer custom wheels at good prices no matter who you are and their customer service is excellent. Believe me I've owned xxr's they suck I paid more for my tires ran them for a month and sold them and would rather run my Dayton's then ever own xxr's again the design of the lug holes blow and is impractical. The wheel was really in balanced but I drove to Georgia and back with 10 degrees of camber and alot of stretch and had zero issues. With that said I still wouldn't ever waste 375$ on a set of them again
              HoodRatStatus
              Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                its a miracle that you got the man himself to take the time to actually post in this worthless thread.

As usual it has turned into a pointless debate where cheap young people are trying to justify their cheapness.

Also, this isnt the classifieds, you cant advertise things for sale here.
                Relax Pal. If Mr. Burroughs believes something needed to be clarified or his pinion must be heard, he has all the right to comment on whatever thread he so pleases. You sir, are just adding to the "pointlessness" of the thread by arguing your opinion on it, as well as, you ignorant comments about young people being cheap. Age does not justify one's "cheapness". I know and have heard of plenty of people (of all ages) buying replica wheels.

p.s. I'm not pushing for these wheels to be sold. I made a statement about them being for sale, but that is not the main point in this "worthless thread".

Good day.
                Flickr

Comment

Never really heard this real vs rep argument until I bought a car and jumped on car forums (mostly on truck ones).

That being said i'll rock OEM until I decide which aftermarket wheel to purchase, if I decide to do that, maybe i'll just rock OEM wheels FORRRRRRRREVVVVVVVVVAAAAA!!

Anyways, car looks good OP and my useless addition to this thread
                  Last edited by 07NJx355; 03-08-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

He lives !

This thread should be closed now. The debate is over. what has been said cannot be stated any better.
                    C280 Build Thread
                    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

I would love to sit here and contribute to the reps vs. "real" wheels argument, but that will only further fuel a fire that has plenty of fuel already. Yes, replica wheels are often stolen designs made of inferior materials. We get that. The bitching and moaning is not going to prevent people from purchasing replica wheels. Some people may not be able to purchase "real" wheels on their given budget, but does this mean we should exclude them from being an enthusiast? Absolutely not.

While many of us are quick to express our feelings on replica wheels, we also fail to place ourselves in the shoes of others who share the same interests we do but simply cannot afford to purchase wheels that cost a couple thousand dollars or more. We are so quick to point fingers and poke fun at individuals that are running replica wheels that we forget to support one another in the niche scene we have today.

While we should not support companies who make replica wheels, we should support members of the very small community we have. Without new members to the scene, there will be no future. Lets inform less educated members of the comunity about current issues (ie: replica wheels) rather than putting them down and making them feel inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post

He lives !

This thread should be closed now. The debate is over. what has been said cannot be stated any better.
                        Spot on!

Comment

I spent $160 for a set of used old 5zigen imperios. I could have spent more money on XXR's, Rotas, or VT's in the specs I want and gotten insta stance, but I didn't. What replica wheel companies do is just plain wrong.

Close this thread. The man said it perfectly.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Mike it's nice having you back around again.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Some of these "real" wheel companies only place center caps on other companies designs and mark up the price. Not to mention also have a cast line of wheels that are supplied by the same chinese suppliers that XXR, ESM, Miro etc buy from. All I'm saying is, do your research before you spend your hard earned money. Those wheels you may have spent 5k on might not be "real" at all.

`92 325i vert - 90' 325is - '99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Points have been made, and I've changed my mind on replicas. Screw them.

I'll admit it, I had no issues with reps until I read through this thread, but I've never thought about how replica companies are screwing over the real companies. I was always that guy that argued the cheapness of replicas over the real thing, but I've really never owned a set of XXRs, etc. deep down I'd still always see them as inferior if I did.

That's enough motivation to not buy a stolen idea. It's just wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X