Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 199

Thread: Working on a W210

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default Working on a W210

    Hey guys, finally started putting in actual work for my car. It's been a journey full of bad choices, but I think I'm getting things right this time

    Here's how she started:





    Now here's where things started going wrong...
    picked up these enkei's








    And here's where I started fixing those mistakes.
    got rid of those ugly black tails, but still had the enkei's and sat higher than wiz


    Picked up some Brabus IVs, which I've been looking to get for a while.





    Then I finally got around to lowering it. It took me over 3 years, but I found the perfect time to get it done

    My friend was changing springs on his E55, so he asked if I wanted to work on mine at the same time. I decided to take his old springs and chop a coil off all around.


















    Did some measurements, and ordered 25mm adaptec spacers for the rears

    before:
    fitment


    after:
    fitment
    fitment
    rears
    rears
    Last edited by siopaolover; 02-21-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    FIRST!

    anyway those hideous enkeis will now be my winter rims. Need to mention your future plans essa. I think you need to cut one more coil.... all around.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    ^ what he said looks good though. Could have maybe re lipped the enkeis to look decent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    ^ what he said looks good though. Could have maybe re lipped the enkeis to look decent.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junya View Post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    399

    Default

    the brabus are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marsss View Post
    the brabus are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better
    thanks haha. I'm about to buy a pair of 15mm spacers for the front and I'll be cutting another half coil or so off
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while lol I've been busy. anyways, I'm borrowing my buddy's spring compressor this weekend and going another inch lower in the fronts. what do you guys think?
    here's how she currently sits:

    DSC_0760
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Go another coil up front and half a coil out back. Have you changed out your spring pads?

  10. #10

    Default

    what the guy above me said...

    car is heading towards a good direction...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
    Go another coil up front and half a coil out back. Have you changed out your spring pads?
    I was planning on going another coil up front, but I kinda like the rears the way they are lol. I wanna keep the rake and I have #1 pads all around. kinda curious to see how it would look without them and how safe it is to not have them lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blink_me92 View Post
    what the guy above me said...

    car is heading towards a good direction...
    thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    you dont need a spring compressor dude. just place jack under lower ball joint supporting it. remove front shock. remove sway bar link ( important) and then lower control arm slowly.


    i broke my cheapo klann from ebay so i had to do it this way.


    you shudda bought my slam springs brah!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junya View Post
    you dont need a spring compressor dude. just place jack under lower ball joint supporting it. remove front shock. remove sway bar link ( important) and then lower control arm slowly.


    i broke my cheapo klann from ebay so i had to do it this way.


    you shudda bought my slam springs brah!
    I remember I saw that once on mbworld and I was wondering how easy it is to do. If I have time later tonight, I'll definitely give it a try

    haha and I wish I did! damn those looked so good lol. how was the ride though?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siopaolover View Post
    I remember I saw that once on mbworld and I was wondering how easy it is to do. If I have time later tonight, I'll definitely give it a try

    haha and I wish I did! damn those looked so good lol. how was the ride though?

    rode like crap. the front bilsteins are blown and the rear accumulators need replacement so it sucked. i can honestly say it was a rolling death trap. haha

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junya View Post
    rode like crap. the front bilsteins are blown and the rear accumulators need replacement so it sucked. i can honestly say it was a rolling death trap. haha
    haha i bet. i guess you can't cut progressive springs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siopaolover View Post
    I was planning on going another coil up front, but I kinda like the rears the way they are lol. I wanna keep the rake and I have #1 pads all around. kinda curious to see how it would look without them and how safe it is to not have them lol


    thanks man!
    I went from 4 nub pads to no pads when I cut my fronts. You can hear my springs boing really loud when I back outta my driveway over a curb. It's kinda funny to hear.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Hartford, Ct
    Posts
    309

    Default

    what model enkei's are those?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Okoye View Post
    what model enkei's are those?
    Enkei aegis. I have them now.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    399

    Default

    If you spray the underside the same colour as the rest of the car... it'll look lower too...
    (i've done this on my white 210)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike-81-240d View Post
    I went from 4 nub pads to no pads when I cut my fronts. You can hear my springs boing really loud when I back outta my driveway over a curb. It's kinda funny to hear.
    lol nice. do you feel a big difference between pads and no pads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsss View Post
    If you spray the underside the same colour as the rest of the car... it'll look lower too...
    (i've done this on my white 210)
    I was actually planning on doing this in the next few weeks! just came up short on funds for the month lol. what prep work went into it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    well shit, I cut too much. lol. the springs won't stay in place when there's no load. is this still safe to drive on? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siopaolover View Post
    well shit, I cut too much. lol. the springs won't stay in place when there's no load. is this still safe to drive on? haha
    Yes, just when you lower the car back down make sure you properly seat them...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Plaines, ILL
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
    Yes, just when you lower the car back down make sure you properly seat them...
    ^ this


    every time you jack your car up. i cant wait to see!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
    Yes, just when you lower the car back down make sure you properly seat them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Junya View Post
    ^ this


    every time you jack your car up. i cant wait to see!!
    alright thanks guys! makes me feel a lot better about it lol

    I'll get pics up in a sec
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    cut another half coil up front for some rake

    w210

    w210

    w210
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.



    My build thread

    Instagram: Franswishaaa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •