HYPETODAY // '89 Mercedes-Benz W124 260E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Australian Stance View Post
    The gear knob and frabic look really well together, the fabric looks orange which looks better IMO
    thank you! it's kind of orange but basically red. maybe i will change later into deep red.

HYPETODAY // DTM MEETS JDM - The #W6666 project

Comment

Looks awesome, especially the shifter.
      1981 300TD 4 speed
      2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
      , on Flickr
      IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Digging this so far
        My '66 C10 Build
        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

thank you, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by hypetoday View Post
            update.

yihaa! the completely handmade gear knob is finished. it's just a detail but i love it. especially the hypetoday fabric.

this looks so awesome I love the knob man, great attention to detail.
            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

that Knob is pretty awesome !

also really like that Jetta, is it a Coupe ??

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                that Knob is pretty awesome !

also really like that Jetta, is it a Coupe ??
                thanks, man! yes, it is. interested in?

Comment

next update. since i last wrote something, some time is passed. although i have not taken many photos, but it has changed a lot.

because the wheels had some curb damage, a friend has taken care of this first. now i have a base with which i can do something again.

after nearly 4 months of waiting, the us tailgate is finally here. the color fits and the shape also. happy!

door panels - i wasn't satisfied with the material. trial and error.

for the lowering kit i need shorter shock absorbers. each of you knows that. so were the original to be fully measure to make some new and shorter ones. unfortunately i'm still waiting. from a Mercedes car dealership i got original spring rubbers. which are available for this car in 4 versions. depending on the equipment, mercedes has previously installed differently thick gums. i get the thinnest. which again makes about 2 centimeter difference.

later, a friend has given me 2 black front seats. So the date had come to replace the whole grey interior with the black one. my vehicle is a pre-face and the equipment was from a facelift model - the thing that has not necessarily simplified. mercedes has changed a lot, even little things like the inner life of the ashtray. but with the help of my father and 10 hours time, everything worked. thanks dad!

only few days later, someone asked me if i would have leather seats. it was near and so i dropped by. except for the leather, i still got many small parts. for example, a color-matching ashtray in perfect condition or painted mirrors.

also pointless details such as unused covers for the window crank i have now. left new, right old. why not.

now i have disassembled the door panels and carefully glue the edges again. i replace the door handles with those from the other door panels. so everything is tidy again.

it's a long way, there's more to come! hope you enjoy the thread!

Comment

alot of attention to detail! this is what i like most about builds,. the attention to interiors, and changing the smallest things can make a massive difference! the shifter is perfect, and its a modern touch in an older car, but works really well get those e190 cossie wheels put on! they look a lot like my merc ml ronal type 163 wheels!
                    Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

small update.

today i installed the front seats and the rear door panels. next is a complete leather care.

Comment

This is coming along great.. Time to massage those seats with leather treatment

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Dude! You're the first fellow-260E member here! Bro-fist!

I swear, you have the same kind of attention to detail like I try to accomplish... And I also did the swap to the MOPF1/2 parts, the EVO wheels, black leather-swap etc. etc.
                          MAN! This is so awesome to read!

Please take a look at my builds-thread, (link below my sig) you'll recognise so many things... keep it up!

Mit freundlichen Grußen aus den Niederlanden!
                          Last edited by loekaaz; 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM.
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

yeah, leather treatment is some of the next steps. but the car is at the workshop since last week - to win the fight against the rust at the arches and to do some other stuff. stay tuned!
                            my evo wheels aren't finished right now, so i picked up some oz opera. will post some pictures soon!

thanks for reading, dudes!

Comment

That interior is coming along nicely and looks so much better as a result. Looking forward to the wheel change.

Comment

small update.

because i can not refurbish my evo wheels at the moment, i decide to get something different. so i picked up some oz opera from hungary. 8x17 in the front and 8,5x17 in the rear. after to much calls i finally get the wheel certificate for the german "tüv", some papers for the wheels and so on. i had calculate a lot to get the minimum legal tire size. now i have 205/40 in the front and 215/40 in the rear. small stretch, but i really like it.

last week i brought the car to the workshop. rust and a dent on the rear have been removed. also the bumpers were painted to match. i'm quite happy with this. the side skirts are now like original again and free of rust. now he is still waiting for the preparation (polishing and interior cleaning) and then we'll see how it goes.

and a look on my new steering wheel.

Last edited by hypetoday; 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X