Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPETODAY // '89 Mercedes-Benz W124 260E

hello guys!
    i'm markus from germany and do some design and marketing with action sports background. i'm here to introduce my first proper car, a '89 mercedes e-class sedan.

follow me: instagram | facebook

the benz was a spontaneous ebay purchase after i saw one of this pictures:

900 kilometer later, the boy was at home - next to stuttgart, the cradle of mercedes. at first i brought the mercedes 15" wheels into the basement. except for some damage to the clearcoat there is nothing unrepairable. the car is in a tidy condition at 275.000 kilometer now. some superficial rust on the side skirt, because one of the previous owners slipped once with the car lift. also at a rear wheel housing is a small rust spot. there are a few warm start problems - but nothing serious.

the goal was quickly defined: us, low and facelift. unlike in the united states, japan or sometimes switzerland - there are only big license plate hollows in germany. so I looked for the adapter for the front.

unfortunately I had problems with the approval agency and have not got the smallest possible license plate. thats very difficult at germany.

next, I replaced the wood in the middle tunnel - without knowing what I was doing yet.

of course i washed the daimler between times. dirty winter times.

while i looked at him, i thought that the dark color does not match the grey interior. however, what i need for a color change was not clear to me - the smallest plastic trim, sun visors, seals, covers, carpets and much more... fortunately, a user of a german w124 forum could help me. so i got all the things i needed and he no longer needed.

time for some german autobahn and work at a local drift training.

back at home, i had the opportunity to 2 great deals. one us boot lid and some 7.5*17 evo wheels with some traces of ride. i've been looking for a while for a car boot lid, but these are way too expensive in germany. i also wanted the right color so i would not have to paint. again a user from a german forum helped with a hint. whether i get the wheels back to their original state - i do not know.

slightly longer time before, i already got bilstein shock absorbers and some k.a.w. springs - 60 in the front and 40 in the rear. so it was time to get this into the car.

the result: too high.

meanwhile i got the facelift tail lights and the wheels. i trade a lot - better you can not get parts.

on a scrap yard near, i found the matching bonnet with avantgarde grill. maybe he also had my desired seats and door boards.

it's a long way, there's more to come! hope you enjoy the thread!
    Last edited by hypetoday; 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM.

HYPETODAY // '89 Mercedes-Benz W124 260E
    HYPETODAY // DTM MEETS JDM - The #W6666 project

Nice start man
    Follow on IG
    amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
    Vintage AME Wheels
    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
    W115 & W123

Comment

Nice start indeed man

Comment

same year as my w124

Comment

has anyone a few lowering hints especially for the w124? without cutting?

Comment

time for a tiny little update.

the postman rang. beautiful! i like the facelift taillights much more than the old ones with the orange indicators.

other news: i got the bars in the right color for below the headlights. only a small update, but important for the facelift.

this book here helps me a lot - is it known? it's called "how it's done" with an incredible number of instructions which is available for almost every car.

Comment

next update.

i'm really happy about the rims. have now also considered how i can renew them.

last weekend i swapped headlights and bonnet. i like it a lot better and i'm on the modern look with the avantgarde grill.

also i've started with my new gear knob. i have yet to paint the ball and sew a matching bag.

Comment

Nice work so far. Updates please.

Comment

Let's see where this leads to.
                  Especially with TÜV approval.
                  My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

thanks guys! i will post an update in the next few days!

Comment

That is a good work ! I want to see the rest
                      sigpic

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Comment

Who knew German parts were actually cheaper outside of Germany hahaha

Erin sehr schone auto meir herr. Keep us updated.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

small update.

last week i visited some friend for a small engine check up. lots of nice cars at backyard!

he also ownes a nice slammed jetta in a really good condition - someone from germany around? it's for sale!

i've started the first fabric test for the gear knob - it's and old jeans, but it fits.

next step was painting to ball. failed. maybe i'm a bad painter or the clear coat is bad. so a friend will do this now.

then we tried the final fabric - it's my design printed on cotton. the final will be red. i really like these kind of details.

Comment

update.

yihaa! the completely handmade gear knob is finished. it's just a detail but i love it. especially the hypetoday fabric.

Comment

The gear knob and frabic look really well together, the fabric looks orange which looks better IMO
                              Not a cop

Comment

Working...
                              X