No announcement yet.

76 Mini Clubman Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well started in a few days ago, gonna have to put it on hold for a little bit, but I decided to cut the intake off the stock cast manifold and will use that to start from.

Opened up to .70mm to give a larger shot of fuel under acceleration.

Another .70mm hole drilled with the pin vise to extend the progression circuit.

All done, got the linkage sorted out for the most part.

Had the flip carb around to get better throttle routing. Hopefully this won't be an issue. I don't like having the choke on the backside, but hopefully it will be set it and forget it.

The tiny tiny turbo infront of the 61 Minor.

1998 Astro, 1976 Mini Clubman Estate, 1985 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Comment

just went through the pages of this thread and your morris minor thread. you sir are amazing. i envy the spax's you got on your estate. by the way, i go gaga on wagons. i'm a touring nut myself. by the way, quick question on the morris, how come you decided to go short ram with ur intake when in the earlier pages i saw a long ram going straight under for colder air?

Comment

This the stuff i really love. Simply awesome.

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
        FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

Originally posted by autobahncebu View Post
          just went through the pages of this thread and your morris minor thread. you sir are amazing. i envy the spax's you got on your estate. by the way, i go gaga on wagons. i'm a touring nut myself. by the way, quick question on the morris, how come you decided to go short ram with ur intake when in the earlier pages i saw a long ram going straight under for colder air?
          Honestly I don't like the Spax, my choice is GMAX, cheap and ride/handle good. I find adjustable shocks to be adjustable from FIRM to really freakin FIRM. Not "soft" to firm.

As far as the Morris and running the intake there, I am just trying to get it up and running. Original location wouldn't work with the more crap I keep adding, like AC, Power Steering. I may revise it though cause it is really freaking loud.

That reminds me, I need to start a Trabant build thread. Haven't seen anyone do one on this forum... yet....

Comment

This thread makes me happy
            [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
            instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Not too much progess lately as I have been trying to wrap up a 75 Mini for a customer. Finished it this past Saturday. To make a long story short, did a 1380 Motor with Elgin cam, Aluminum head, 1.5 rockers, swapped a weber for a hif44 setup, full stereo, and a few other custom bits I did for him. I am really happy with the way his car came out, it will be coming back in the spring for some more upgrades. SOOOO now that his car is done I can full around with the Morris and my Estate again. I picked up some 10x7's to try out in my quest for going lower. Not sure if I should paint the centers or not... Ordered some gold metallic plastidip to try. Anyway, onto the photos:

Unfortutealy they will not fit over my 8.4 brakes which was to be expected. So I have 7.5's on there way with Yoko A032r's . Ordered some air sleeves for the front, and will make up some brackets and see what I got. I have a feeling it won't be low enough, so I have some ideas of what will more than likely occur in the spring. IE shortening the front subframe 2" and raising the engine, etc.

The cockpit.

The 1380 Unit

Back to working on the Morris first!

Comment

Got a little snow here a few days ago. Poor Mini's that have to be outside. Atleast 2 are safe inside, but not mine. The white 61 will be for sale in Spring. Would love to build it out for someone before I get to far along with it. Plans are respray (white with black roof), new dash and a few other interior bits, clean up engine bay, put some fresh 10" wheels and tires on it. Possibly loose the arches. Anyway, go away white stuff!

Comment

Not much to report, got the 165's yoko 32's stretched on to the 10x7's. I'm getting excited. Rear air sleeves have arrived, waiting on fronts then the fab can start. Hopefully today gonna convert the 8.4 discs down to the 7.5 to fit these puppies on. Can't wait till Spring!

Comment

Well finally had some time to do some grindin. Front is mocked up and rear is close, just have to move the shock towers up 2 inches so I can rest the tire on the new tub. Front is not strong enough to lift, so I will most likely be putting in ridetech 7000 sleeves. It's getting there, want it to really tuck the tire and have the lip almost at the arch, but it's gonna be tight to say the least, anyway, here are some pics...

Comment

Those 10s are really really smart!

Comment

Finally made up the shop decals, I think they turned out pretty good.

I'm still tinkering with mine, this is about as low as it will go, raising rear shock towers up to gain that last 2", but there is something holding me up 1/2". Will check it out this weekend. Then I got to focus on getting the front done. Still thinking raising the front subframe is the way forward, but I won't have time for that this season with everything else going on.... getting closer though!

Comment

I had a little time last night to get them both tacked in. And I was able to get that last gap closed up, so this is as low as it can go, finally! Need to get it done ASAP so I can start driving to work, it's been since last November since it last long ride.*

Got a Mini T bumper coming for the rear, been trying to get one of these for years for a bargain.... I was almost about the shave the rear, but convinced myself to stay the course, this will look cleaner/classier.

Comment

This past weekend I finally finished up the rear turrets. Got all the welding done, seam sealed it, primered, and then painted with east wood black/aqua trunk splatter spray, and then top coated with a satin clear. I really like the way it turned out. The air management has arrived and I am mocking that up right now in the spare tire well. Waiting on new front Air Lift Shock/Sleeves to arrive to start re-fabbing the front. I am hoping by next weekend she will be back on the road. Anyway, here are 2 pics.

Comment

Originally posted by notabmw1 View Post
                              what i love with minis, is how your wheels are smaller than your car jack…they are tiny!
                              but this mini looking good

Comment

Originally posted by notabmw1 View Post
                                Love this pic, makes me wanna get my saloon done

Comment

Working...
                                X