Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kibur's 1986 BMW 528e

Hey everyone, made this thread to post some updates regarding my car as it comes along. The car is Delphin Grey, I got it with 101k and it currently has 114k and some change. The car is my daily driver (for now) as well.

Here's how it started off. Bone stock.

Added 528e badge.

Pioneer head unit + subwoofers.

Found out suspension was completely shot. It was 26 years old, so I updated it with Bilstein Sport Shocks and B&G Lowering springs.

Lowered it with the help of a friend, Matt Begley.

Picked up wheels. Epsilon Southern Ways, 16x8.

Christmas present: A Nardi classic wooden steering wheel.

Took the Epsilon's apart and began cleaning them and prepping them for powdercoating, refinishing and polishing.

I'll keep you all updated as I make more progress on this!
    I have plenty of plans for this, can't wait to see how it turns out.
    1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
    1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
    1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
    Instagram: @kibur

Nice, looking forward to those wheels being all nice and shiney

Comment

GREAT start man, it's heading the right direction!
      I am looking forward to see this updated a lot ..

Instagram: lowavus
      | Build Thread |

Comment

can't wait to see the finish on those wheels, the car looks like its in pretty decent shape for its age

Comment

I like where this is going.

Comment

good start man. what colour are you going to go with for the wheels?
            i have two e30's sitting in my driveway but sadly nothing happens very quickly

my tumblr for anyone thats interested: http://crispyas.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by doug_e30 View Post
              good start man. what colour are you going to go with for the wheels?

Really trying to go for something like this. Gold faces with black bolts and polished lips.

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
              Nice, looking forward to those wheels being all nice and shiney
              Originally posted by InSpeedWeTrust View Post
              GREAT start man, it's heading the right direction!
              I am looking forward to see this updated a lot ..
              Originally posted by B Rod View Post
              I like where this is going.
              Thanks so much!

Originally posted by sally pu View Post
              can't wait to see the finish on those wheels, the car looks like its in pretty decent shape for its age
              Yeah, it's in great shape. I seriously lucked out. There's one spot of rust on the engine bay that I'm planning on fixing, as well as a few small dents that I plan on pulling out. I want the car to look flawless.

Comment

Ha, those are my roommate's epsilons. The car looks great, good upgrades so far.

Comment

Originally posted by willis View Post
                  Ha, those are my roommate's epsilons. The car looks great, good upgrades so far.
                  The ones I have or the reference picture I posted? Either way, they are awesome wheels and I can't wait to have them on.

Also, thank you very much, I'm really trying to keep it simple and clean, yet still different from OEM+. Tasteful modifications all the way!

Comment

The gold ones. He's got them on his 190e.

They should look great on your e28.

Comment

The gold ones. He's got them on his 190e.

They should look great on your e28.
                      That looks awesome man, I'd love to see some more shots of that. My buddy is building a 190e right now, they are really cool cars.

Comment

Here's a link to the build thread. It needs alot of work still, but it's getting there. I do love 190e's.

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Comment

Car and rims look nice! But I **** those spaceship-style head units

Wonder why they called it 528e in the states and 525e in europe, although its the same engine?

Comment

This looks good.

How is the car holding up with bass? Have you deadened any areas?

Comment

Here's a link to the build thread. It needs alot of work still, but it's getting there. I do love 190e's.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38841
                              I love it! Looks so good.

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                              This looks good.

How is the car holding up with bass? Have you deadened any areas?
                              Thank you very much. The bass is surprisingly not overwhelming. I don't have it turned up like crazy on the headunit or amp though. There's some songs where it bumps hard, but for the most part it's pretty subtle and it really compliments the Alpine speakers in the car well. I haven't done any sound deadening yet but I plan to at some point.

Originally posted by mario69 View Post
                              Car and rims look nice! But I **** those spaceship-style head units

Wonder why they called it 528e in the states and 525e in europe, although its the same engine?
                              Thank you! I personally enjoy the head unit, I know it isn't period correct but it works great, it's easy to use and it charges my iPhone or iPod. Also, unlike a lot of newer head units where you have to select the songs using the unit, I can control the audio via my iPhone while it charges. I'm really trying to go for a period correct theme on this car, and the sound system is the only thing not period correct. I just enjoy having crisp and clear audio when I'm jamming out because I drive it every single day.

BMW also made a 325e in the US with the exact same motor. They probably switched it up so people would believe there was a difference in motors between the 325e and the 528e, despite there being no difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X