Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Stretch For 8.5 and 9.5 Widths?

Hey guys,

I'm new here. Hoping some people can help me out on this. I got my wheels (Nismo LMGT4's) flush finally on my 350z. I am currently running 275/35 and 245/35 on 19x9.5 and 8.5 inch rims. I feel like my wheels would look a lot better with stretching the tires. What tires are you guys putting on 8.5 and 9.5 inch width rims? Not looking to go crazy stretch that could possibly be dangerous.

Any help is appreciated since I'm so new at this. Pictures of said tire sizes on your cars would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Just found http://www.tyrestretch.com/

This is a very useful site. I just wanted to see If I could get Input from other members on here as well.

From looking on that site is seems as though 215/35 and 225/35 looks like a nice stretch for 8.5 and 9.5 widths

Comment

just for reference, I once had a set of 19" wheels with widths of 8.5 and 9.5. I had tires that were 225/35F and 235/35R. The stretch was minor.
      Prime Motoring
      Detailing, Parts and Accessories

Comment

depends on which brand also, some tires run true to size and some run small and big
        sigpic
        http://libertyvip.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I am looking at Toyo T1S or Falken FK452's or Yokohoma S drives.

Dangler thanks alot man. Do you have any pictures of your previous setup so I could see what you were talking about? Also what brand of tires did you use?

I'm just not looking to have bulky tires anymore.

Thanks again
          Last edited by VQpoweredZ; 02-10-2010, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I'm running 255/30 on my 22x10's. Mild stretch, pretty safe. Next time ill drop down to 235 for sure just for a little more agressive stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
              just for reference, I once had a set of 19" wheels with widths of 8.5 and 9.5. I had tires that were 225/35F and 235/35R. The stretch was minor.
              those sizes with nankangs n2 will be perfect

Comment

Yea man, I'm sure this forum and everyone on it is more evidence than I need to say its safe to stretch tires. The more I read about Falken tires, the more I learn that their tires are made so they are safer when stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by VQpoweredZ View Post
                  Yea man, I'm sure this forum and everyone on it is more evidence than I need to say its safe to stretch tires. The more I read about Falken tires, the more I learn that their tires are made so they are safer when stretched.
                  i havent had good experience with falkens besides stretch. they bubble up as fast as a balloon.

Comment

What exactly is "bubbling up"? Sorry what can I say i'm a noob lol.

Comment

eeh there's mixed reviews on the different Falken wheels, i've been running them for over 3 years on different set ups and cars and trust them.

As far as tire size, it depends on the car they are going on aswell, for my car i'm running a 215/40 and getting a wee bit of stretch on my 8.5

I would run a 225/40 on a 9.5
                      I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Is there really that much of a difference between 225/40 and 225/35? What is different about it? Thanks again man

Comment

19x8.5 all around, Falken 452 215/35/19 on all four. I'm pleased with the look/feel. I've run 235/35/19 452s on the same wheels in the past w/ good results that's why I trusted them now despite other's bad experience. Good luck man.

Comment

i dont have any good shots for the fronts but this is a 19x9.5 with a 225/35 falken fk452

this is the best i can do for the front...19x8.5 with a 215/35 falken fk452

Comment

I think for being where I live and having the shittiest roads possible, I would like to go with 225/35/19 on the 8.5 and 235/35/19 on the 9.5. Not a stretch, but I like to think of it having just enough tire that is needed.

I have been reading alot about the narrowness of certain tires and others that are more "square" looking, and the "square" looking tires are my Kumho's, from what I've read.

Are Falken FK452's in the sizes stated above, a good choice when looking for tire that doesn't have that massive of a sidewall?

Comment

Working...
                              X