This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather seat restoration??

Started restoring the interior on my e24 I recently purchased recently. It has sport seats
    that are buffalo nutria leather. It was very very dry from sitting in the sun, then getting moved into a shop my many years. From my understanding it was natural leather with no dye or finish. So I bought a 16oz rejuvenator and pristine clean from leatherique.

I used the WHOLE bottle of rejuvenator and that seems like it was just a base coat. It is crazy how much of this stuff it is soaking up. Makes everything so wonderful. Took one before and after shot of the drivers and passengers seat back panel. Shit is nucking futs.

But I did run into an issue.
    The passenger head rest and passenger seat back panel will not soak any of the rejuv up. Its only blotchy on some parts of it where it soaked in. Even with a heat gun getting it warm. Wasn't doin shit.
    Thinking about taking some fine sandpaper to it with some rejuv?? Any other suggestions?? Couldn't find much on the subject.

Did some expermenting today with the seat back panel. There is one on ebay right meow so i dont feel bad if it gets messed up.

I figured id start small so i took some scotch brite pad and very very light swirled a inconspicuious spot.
    Then i applied some rejuvenate and it worked! All the leather grain was still visible and no signs of scuffing. But now it has a tacky/sticky feel to it since i have sanded the leather.

So now I am in search of a "clear coat" i guess you could say. Or some way to apply a finish to thr leather again. Going to try to polish with a leather brush i have and maybe a silica base leather shine product and see what happens. Will post pics and results later.

Comment

So this is how it is

Leather is skin - skin has pores in it
      When restoring leather you cannot rush. (The scuffing of the leather was a horrible idea)
      I found the process goes a little better if you use a blow dryer to opens the pores and soften leather
      You can also speed it up working the rejuvenate with your hands(you gotta work the leather hard though.
      Buy a gallon of rejuvnate. Seriously.
      Spray that shit on the leather everytime you have seen it soaked in.
      Two weeks late your seats will look great. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Comment

This is exactly what I have been needing

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Here are pictures of the headrest I did and it is a great example of what this stuffs susppose to do.
          After using enough of the rejuvenator it will actually "float" impurities out such as salt and various minerals and trash. Kinda cool.

The flash makes it easier too see all of it.

At this point you use the prestine clean to wipe all the junk off. Also is a Ph balancer.

Comment

Working...
          X