Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wifes 190E build project - moar low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wifes 190E build project - moar low!

Im sure you guys know me from my W108 that I did for me and my wife's wedding that is still a project in the works. Little quick background on my wifes car: while we were dating, my wife had a hideous 2004 Nissan Sentra, I for th emost part refused to ride in or drive it, couldnt stand it! When we got engaged, she moved up and in with me and I made her sell the POS and got her into a 1989 190E 2.6 Florida car that lived in a garage and had only 72k on the clock. Interior is practically new. Her car is by far the cleanest W201 I have ever seen and I got it for a steal from a guy who knew nothing about Mercedes and how to work on them.

EDIT: the cleanest un-modifed purchased from an average Joe 190E I have ever seen.

He had a bad water pump and i was able to convince him it was a blown head gasket...nuff said.

So here are some pics:

how it looked bone stock

first mod was removing the nasty NAM lights for euro spec and side markers

fixed the water pump issue and addressed other items as swell...

lowered on H&R's with KYB shocks and struts

the car has definitely settled alot since this photo was taken, this photo is almost a year old, however it is going to be much lower. The KYB shocks suck ass BTW.

removed emblems

went to the junk yard and got a ton of booty, for her car and my w108, updated her center console:

got her some new shoes:

Yes, I know Aero II's are played out, but honestly, I love them I have them on my W202 as well, so...yeah. Im going to refinish these Aero II's for her car, going to do a custom color with a polished lip, youll just have to wait on the color though The plan for the mounting is to do a mild tire stretch and spacers for a subtle poke, so fender rolling will def be on the horizon. Any suggestions on tire stretch combos?

Things currently waiting to be put on:

W124 E320 four piston calipers
    W124 E320 front sway bar
    W124 E500 H&R progressive rate front lowering springs
    genuine Zender side skirts [very simliar to the GEN II W201 AMG style skirts]
    Wheels of course

I also plan on painting the cladding and bumpers all white, never digged the two tone. So anyways...thats about it for now, this build will be somewhat a slow process as I am building this, my W108 and working full time, but my goal is to have it done before H2O. So until then:

Last edited by lewda; 02-01-2013, 10:34 AM.

This sounds like it's going to be real good! Definitely going to follow this build.

Comment

Looking good Lewda. If the monos are 8/9 I would go 205/215 or 215/225
      Follow on IG
      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
      Vintage AME Wheels
      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
      W115 & W123

Comment

190e is going to be my next project car. What a cool wife you have. but mines cooler she wants an e34...

Looks like your on the right path cant wait to see some parts put on, you better get to work! GLWE

EDIT: wife with a 190e is same coolness as wife with an e34. We're even bud.
        Sometimes you eat the bar, and... well, sometimes it eats you...

Build thread here:
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40225

Comment

190e's always look great in white!

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
            Looking good Lewda. If the monos are 8/9 I would go 205/215 or 215/225
            I wish they were 8/9 they are 7.5/8.5, what would you recommend?

Originally posted by skunkworx View Post
            190e is going to be my next project car. What a cool wife you have. but mines cooler she wants an e34...

Looks like your on the right path cant wait to see some parts put on, you better get to work! GLWE

EDIT: wife with a 190e is same coolness as wife with an e34. We're even bud.
            HAHA, I do like me an E34 , but I'm a die hard Benz guy, would take me a lot of convincing to even buy a BMW. Sounds like we both have cool wives

Comment

Originally posted by lowbenz View Post
              190e's always look great in white!
              for sure!

Comment

Amazing find. Aero 2s are classic. Can't go wrong.

Comment

alright, so, its decently cold here in ol' Virginia and snowing, but that wont stop me from test fitting the wheels to see what spacers I'm going to run on the wifes car.

I think I am going to run 10mm spaces all around. Not entirely sure on the tire stretch yet, i may do 205 in the front and 215 in the rear.

some pics of the interior

trunk in amazing condition with still plastic wrapped tool kit

next steps will be ordering the spacers, refinishing the wheels then tires. Test fit again, then sport shocks will need to be ordered then lower the car more with the new setup.

That is all for now

Comment

I feel you on the whole benz thing, I've owned 4 and my parents have owned about 20. I currently own a E39 BMW and I fucking **** it. BMW's are overrated I want another benz. Oh btw nice W201, very hard to find a clean 2.6 around here.
                    1981 300TD 4 speed
                    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                    , on Flickr
                    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

alright....finally an update, I told you this build was going to be slow, but I want to make sure that most of it is done for H2O, sorry in advance that all the pics are instagram pics:

I stripped the factory clear off the lips of her rims and jacked the car up, put it on jack stands in the rear and put that puppy in drive with the stripped rims and went to town polishing them

Well, I only put the rears rims on the car and put it in drive to polish them, was to lazy to do that again, so I polished the fronts by hand.

This rear wheels paint so so F'ed up, so I had to strip all the paint off this sucker:

and then one rim primed and the other spot primed, will be ready for color and clear tomorrow.

he helps alot

So thats it for now, the custom color will be on tomorrow then tires need to be ordered.

Comment

alrighty, the wheels are painted! pics:

The rims were wetsanded, bulldogged, colored then 4 coats of urethane clear coat was added, I think they came out pretty good for the first set of wheels I have ever refinished. I think these will end up looking good on her white 190.

Comment

Those are gonna look awesome on her car!

Comment

Luv the refinished wheels - Although I can't even tell what color they are now - First they looked white, then a light mint green then slightly blue?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                              Luv the refinished wheels - Although I can't even tell what color they are now - First they looked white, then a light mint green then slightly blue?
                              yeah i was having problems adjusting the hue, they are a minty green, almost seafoam green.

Comment

Working...
                              X