Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
    I like them but among gto's the M3 csl style wheel is beyond played out. They are slightly different from the csl wheel but still too similar for me. I want to do something that hasn't been done before. My car is the only one with style 5s I have seen yet. Maybe I will paint the faces a gunmetal gray.
    I can see where you are coming from man, I **** doing a cookie cutter project as well.

Anyways once you throw on the style 5s are you gonna go lower? Just because they seem a little small but with the right low it would be perfect!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
      I can see where you are coming from man, I **** doing a cookie cutter project as well.

Anyways once you throw on the style 5s are you gonna go lower? Just because they seem a little small but with the right low it would be perfect!
      Yes I am going about 20mm lower in the front and gonna keep the rear the same to try to fit 245's. Part of the reason I wanted 17s was to try to go as low as I possibly could while still not scrubbing too bad
      Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

man your car makes those 18's seem small, I have that problem too. I can't wait to see where this project goes

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
          Yes I am going about 20mm lower in the front and gonna keep the rear the same to try to fit 245's. Part of the reason I wanted 17s was to try to go as low as I possibly could while still not scrubbing too bad
          are you gonna go with a low profile 245, that should compensate for more low

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
            are you gonna go with a low profile 245, that should compensate for more low
            I'm going to try use the ones I posted above. they are 245/45/17s so not crazy low profile but If I keep rocking the camber I have now I should just barely tuck them in the wheel well, lets just say it'll be a pretty tight fit (isn't that part of what great stance is about?). But I don't want to rock narrow tires on the rear end of a "muscle car"

Comment

I realized I left out an update...

1 of my 6.5s died the other day throwing my zapco into protect rather than replacing it I am just going to get different components. I think I am going with Zapco 6.5 slim components. I found a set on ebay for $120. And an all zapco front stage should sound phenomenal. Hopefully I order the speakers and tires tomorrow

Comment

Center caps came in today. I think they look pretty cool. And yes I just sat it on top of the other caps

Comment

So I lowered the coilovers close to 100% in the front (I'd guess I can go maybe 5mm lower) and put the bbs's on with some other things beneath them. The wheel sits about up to the bottom of the front bumper and rockers. So I guess that makes my ride height more dependent upon what tires I use. that's enough talking here are some pictures:

The rear I kept the same height already 100% lowered. I just wanted to see what kind of clearance I would have for wide tires. I may eventually go wider than the 245 in the rear.

sorry for the blurry last 1 but I thought it was still showing an angle I wanted posted.

Other accomplishments for the day were I cleaned the backs of the wheels 3 turned out practically brand new looking. I bought metal polish, clay bar, meguiars 3 stage wax, re-adjusted my coilovers, and obviously retrieved my wheels from the tire shop. I also got to ride in my dad's 911 that was fun.

Task for tomorrow enjoy the Carl Casper Car show with friends and not worry about this project...

Comment

Oh and here's a photoshop of the EKM3's on my car:

Last edited by GTOguy; 03-06-2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I got new components on order. So now I will have a 100% zapco front stage. Yay....

now bad news....

I was figuring some numbers up and I probably will not have the funds to get tires until this summer so I guess that means no style 5's for Water by the Bridge. So unless something amazing happens (don't count me out quite yet) I will just rock stockers... It'll still be low but no "perfect" stance... :'(
                      Last edited by GTOguy; 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

a small update:

I disassembled my style 5's today and tomorrow I will be stripping the clear coat and hopefully sanding back the curb rash.

then a little update on the 991:

Hoosier R6 slicks on 997 Carrera S wheels i think the specs are 19X11 et 67 19X8 et 57 (not sure) 315 rear tires and 235 or 245 fronts. My dad also gave me confirmation lowering springs will be in this car's near future.

Comment

Looking good man!
                          Your dad has a nice porsche too.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I have been using Jasco to strip the clear coat off of my Style 5's. The barrels are starting to look pretty nice. But working in the cold it doesn't strip terribly well.

Also my zapco components came in today:

Nice crossover

Last edited by GTOguy; 03-02-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gtoguy View Post
                              center caps came in today. I think they look pretty cool. And yes i just sat it on top of the other caps

holy curb rash!

Comment

Originally posted by 93foxx View Post
                                holy curb rash!
                                Yeah. I will be working on fixing that soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X