Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance noob GTO build

So I have seen a few nicely stanced GTO's on the internet and I am inspired by them so I'm going to attempt to get the stance perfect with my car. This is my first car and it has minorly evolved over the years I have had it. I have never done much work with cars so everything is a new experience.

Car: 2004 GTO Silver with red interior

Here is how the car currently sits but feel free to see how it got here!

Since I am entertained by my original plans I am going to leave them...

Here is where the build currently sits. The car is on air ride, has bolt ons (otrcai, ls6 intake, shorty headers, catless mids, catback), currently it has real M-parallels on it, with CCW LM5T's to be purchased as soon as my BBS's and M-parallels sell. Otherwise the big stereo is no more just a simple SQ set up is planned now.

My winter plans are to get these CCW's, put camber plates on the front, redo the rear control arm bag mounts to get lower possibly add eccentric bushing, flip my front coilover mounts to get lower, get a FA5 rear visor (similar dimensions) and do a VIP inspired upper brake light hidden underneath, and now the big one... Some sort of cam swap (I am in the research stage) I still daily the car so a massive cam may not be feasible but right now the Texas Speed Sleeper cam (220R) is a big contender from generic cams. Otherwise I may just have a custom grind made.

mods:
    BC coilovers 7k fronts/10k rears, Lovells Shock and Strut Bushings, Magnaflow Catback exhaust, custom stereo: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, Zapco Studio 100, Crescendo BC3500D, Pioneer 6.75" components, fully loaded Fi SP4 15" sub, 3 deka Batteries (1 under the hood, 2 in the trunk)

Plans: BBS Style 5 17's, Goldilocks front splitter, JBA longtube headers, JBA straight midpipes, Svedespeed OTRCAI, HSV rear window spoiler, JHP lip spoiler.

What I already have: BBS Style 5's

What I need to do: lower my coilovers, restore wheels, roll my fenders, see what kind of clearance I have once they are rolled to decide on rear tires, order a lot of things

Goal have the car somewhat complete by the Water By The Bridge Show in Louisville in March.

My next step will be the next descent weekend day I have I will be lowering the coilovers as much as they will allow with my snow tires on the car.

Here are some pictures of it through the years I have had it:

a picture from the dealer before I got the car:

After I had it for about a year I did what a lot of teenagers do and put stickers on it....

a picture from its worst moment :

This lasted about 3 months before I pulled off the stripes, tinted the windows, and bought clear sidemarkers:

A few days after the coilover install (my rear was raised about 1 inch from the stock springs due to the sagging from weight):

The stereo:

My brother is getting into photography so I have quite a few cool pictures of the car in its close to current state:

Then how it sits now winter wheels (plastidip experiment) and snow tires:

Here are some pics of my test fit with my wheels with the original tires they came with. 235/40/17's

Last edited by GTOguy; 04-20-2015, 09:37 PM.
    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

A lot of GTO's popping up on here lately. Looks like you are off to a good start.

Wish they made coilovers for my Camaro like you have available.

Comment

Not what I would do with a GTO, the new rims make it look like a Chrysler Sebring.
      I'm a mercenary for the restaurant industry.

Comment

I think the style 5 are nice but are too small. You should get some 18's or 19s , pretty sure this car can handle some 10 wide with ease, also moar low!

Comment

Man that's a nice first car! I still want one, haha. The style 5s arent bad, but I agree that the GTO is better fitted with wider 18s.

Comment

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
            I think the style 5 are nice but are too small. You should get some 18's or 19s , pretty sure this car can handle some 10 wide with ease, also moar low!
            I think it can handle wider as well and I definitely at some point want some wide ass rear tires. I will probably have the barrels widened come summer time. And on vertical size I think only once its lowered will I be able to tell.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
            Man that's a nice first car! I still want one, haha. The style 5s arent bad, but I agree that the GTO is better fitted with wider 18s.
            We'll see I got these for a good price and should be able to flip them after I restored them if they don't work out. Plus I am a bit of a wheel snob so I didn't want to get replicas.

Saturday looks like it is supposed to be sunny and 30 degrees so I may take my coilovers down then if it feels good outside.

Comment

I lowered my coilovers today. I apologize for the shitty phone pics

The rear was dropped to the lowest position on the bc's

I lowered the fronts up to about the width of 2 bc coilover adjuster tools, so I could probably go approximately 5-10 mm lower. I am rubbing fairly bad when turning since I DD the car going to raise the car about about 2 to 4 mm tomorrow. Once I get new tires on my style 5's I should be clearing at the lowest setting on my coilovers atleast I hope so. Snow tires are tall to me

Here are some more pics of the low setting. I think it looks pretty good and could only look better with the bbs's

Last edited by GTOguy; 01-27-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I actually really like the look of the style 5's on there but somehow I feel like they need to be painted a Goldie's colour and lowered a bit more to look just right. Also 3 batteries? Daaaamn, I'd love to hear that sub haha.
                1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                  I actually really like the look of the style 5's on there but somehow I feel like they need to be painted a Goldie's colour and lowered a bit more to look just right. Also 3 batteries? Daaaamn, I'd love to hear that sub haha.
                  From the original pics of the style 5's on the car I can literally only imagine how insane my style 5's would look on the the car as it sits now. Unfortunately they are now in Louisville, KY (my home town) and I am in Terre Haute, IN for college. And yeah I think it sounds pretty good. It's pretty quiet for the power behind it but I'm going to try to figure out a way to make it louder. I don't know where your located but if your at Water by the Bridge feel free to hit me up for a demo.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                    From the original pics of the style 5's on the car I can literally only imagine how insane my style 5's would look on the the car as it sits now. Unfortunately they are now in Louisville, KY (my home town) and I am in Terre Haute, IN for college. And yeah I think it sounds pretty good. It's pretty quiet for the power behind it but I'm going to try to figure out a way to make it louder. I don't know where your located but if your at Water by the Bridge feel free to hit me up for a demo.
                    That would be awesome but I'm up in Canada lol thanks for the offer tho. From what I understand the box can make an insane amount of difference. There are a bunch of sites that let you put in the information for the sub as well as what frequency your aiming for and it will give you dimensions for the box and port sizing. Might be worth a look
                    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Barf Terrible Haute. Sorry to hear lol.

If you end up getting rid of those style 5's, I'll drive on over and take them off your hands haha. Cool goat, plan on making any more power?

Comment

Originally posted by brum View Post
                        Barf Terrible Haute. Sorry to hear lol.

If you end up getting rid of those style 5's, I'll drive on over and take them off your hands haha. Cool goat, plan on making any more power?
                        Haha yeah compared to Louisville(where I am from) it's pretty shitty here. We'll have to see what I end up doing. If you want to meet up sometime that'd be cool. No big power mods at the moment. Just an otrcai and LT's
                        Last edited by GTOguy; 01-27-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I took some pictures before I lifted my front end up today:

Here are some of it raised up a smidge. No rubbing so I am happy.

Last edited by GTOguy; 01-28-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I was just looking at the rear end just a little while ago and if I keep the camber the way it is I will have no problem clearing really anything once I roll the fender lips I have about 10mm between the tire and the lip at the moment and the lips seem pretty close to 15mm. I may just use the 245/45/17 dunlop direzza summer tires I already have on my other set of stockers. My front end I am not quite sure what will clear yet.

Comment

A little update:

I order my hubrings today. I washed my car for the first time since winter started and the paint chipped off my fuel door quite badly. I plan on buying one off of ebay tomorrow. I contacted Pure Motorsports about getting 70mm red BBS center caps and BBS center cap wrench thing and both items are back ordered until mid to late this month.
                              Last edited by GTOguy; 02-08-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X