No announcement yet.

Zhe Gestapo Cruiser - W124 Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some work on the diff. Replaced main seals, did some cleaning and then some paint. YAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Did some hack jobs on the parts car:

Not much use unfortunately

Ah well, at least I have an example

REPLACEMENT PANEL ARRIVED:

Almost forgot!

Trunk is finally done

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:36 AM.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Got rid of the parts coupe

[VIDEO]
      VIDEO, BITCHES !!

Guy from the scrapyard lifted it off my trailer.

But I removed the parking brake

What he did then was something that put me on the feel train....

SO

FUCKING

DISGRACEFUL

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:37 AM.
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Then I finally started on the engine bay

First step: The battery tray

START

THE GREATEST PIECE OUT OF PAINTING HISTORY

NO IT'S NOT

If you want to paint over it; it's the work of the devil. Otherwise it's GOLD.

IN PROCESS

EVERY SINGLE BOLT, NUT, WASHER OR CLIP REPLACED FOR SOME NEW STAINLESS

BATTERY TRAY

ECU

INSTALLED

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:38 AM.
        Lucas
        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Got bored of working on the engine bay. (YES... I KNOW)

So got persuaded into finally fixing the rust issues on the body.
          unfortunately; I have no MIG welder.
          fortunately; the guy who persuaded me has.

So we got started:

Me very excite yes yes yes

CHOP

CHOP CHOP

ERMAGHERD

BZZZZZZZTTT

FLABBERGASTED

MOAR BZZZZZTTTT

OOOOOHHHH

AAAAAAHHHHHH

Then I got a little carried away with stripping the body.... (sad face)

(*HORROR*)

(*INTENSIFIES*)

(*FULLY INTENSIFIED*)

(*CLIMAX*) tuntuntun... [CLICK FOR SOUND]

Even more hacking and grinding

Some body sealer

Then it was my turn!

Not bad, but... still bad.

OK
          BYE

SO LONG, GAYBOYS!

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:42 AM.
          Lucas
          Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• LOVE your writing style and the effort you put into your cars is outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by trm- View Post
              LOVE your writing style and the effort you put into your cars is outstanding.
              Cheers!
              Well, as my threads mostly have a lack of update-worthy content, I kinda have to make it at least a little more interesting to read...

For Christ sake,

I forgot the photo shoot!
              (sorry Jordy)

Originally posted by AR145 View Post

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:17 AM.
              Lucas
              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• You sure put a lot of effort into it. And LOL at the rust discovery reaction. You could'nt live where I live. That car would be considered in very very solid conditions in terms of rust. There was barely any!
                Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                  You sure put a lot of effort into it. And LOL at the rust discovery reaction. You could'nt live where I live. That car would be considered in very very solid conditions in terms of rust. There was barely any!
                  I know what you mean. When I went to Canada and saw cars with real holes in it! And still driving! I think must have a picture somewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                    You sure put a lot of effort into it. And LOL at the rust discovery reaction. You could'nt live where I live. That car would be considered in very very solid conditions in terms of rust. There was barely any!
                    Originally posted by MBBelgium View Post
                    I know what you mean. When I went to Canada and saw cars with real holes in it! And still driving! I think must have a picture somewhere...

Lucas
                    Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Canada's not all maple syrup and igloo's. The rust situation can get bad at times
                      1958 Chevy Apache shop truck build

Commonwealth

W201/W124 Control arms and bag brackets

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
                      Air ride and custom parts
                      IG - Commonwealth_mf FB - https://facebook.com/commonwealthmotoring

Comment

• Finally I got myself a new Mig welder. 150 Amps, and works like a charm.
                        Now I don't need to borrow Brolli21's welder anymore

Some practicing and adjusting:

Practice all you want, I still suck arse

Bit the bullet and carried on with filling this nasty gap:

So we cut a piece out of an old W124 roofpanel that I had laying around of my previous parts car:

Went full retard

The boy has skillssssss

Went full retard again

Tectyl on the inner guard fucks up the welds a little bit, and the rest is just my lack of skill. I'll admit that

Then some thick layers of Alu-Zinc spray and lots of body sealer later it came out like this:

So there you have it: My messy workshop:

Oh and I also bought (and immediately sold) a set of original vintage BRABUS Monoblock series 1 wheels.
                        Specs: 16x10 ET10 + 16x8 ET15
                        Year: 1987 + 1988

And ofcourse they don't fit. What else would you expect?

If I only had wide fenders in the rear....

Oh and another thing:

I moved to France because I'm 'temporarily' being relocated to help out in the French office in Trappes.

Really not much going on here tho.....

Yes. You are correct.
                        That IS a NISMO GTR N-Attack Package that we just finished

Just a regular day @ the office...

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:18 AM.
                        Lucas
                        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Got myself a vintage Volante Luisi steering wheel for cheap. It just arrived at my home address in Holland, But I'm in France for the rest of the week because of work...

So that's my excuse for the crappy pics. This is what my moms sent my via Whatsapp. Can't do any better until friday...

Anyway, I will remove the ugly center, polish the metal, and refinish the wood in a darker color to match my interior.

Should be good

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:20 AM.
                          Lucas
                          Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Not sure why you sold the Borbets. They would have definitely fit, your car isn't that low in the rear + also the massive tyre gives an illusion it will poke like it did on the picture. If it would have been stretched and the car lower, it would have fit perfectly. I run 17x10 ET20ish in the rear on my W201 with no camber adjustments and no fender rolling/pulling and it pokes just perfectly.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
                              Not sure why you sold the Borbets. They would have definitely fit, your car isn't that low in the rear + also the massive tyre gives an illusion it will poke like it did on the picture. If it would have been stretched and the car lower, it would have fit perfectly. I run 17x10 ET20ish in the rear on my W201 with no camber adjustments and no fender rolling/pulling and it pokes just perfectly.

I have the same wheels in 17" but different brand (RW) And they actually weren't Borbets either. They only said BRABUS.

16" just seems too small in my eyes for a W124. For a W201 they are perfect though

Considering the ride height; It still doesn't have the engine mounted, Tank is not full and IT WILL GAIN MORE LOWS. I PROMISE

To be fully clear: This thread mentions THREE sets of cross-spoke wheels:

1st: BBS Brabus 16x8 ET30 all around.
                              Status: Still in my posession. 2 of 4 are crooked and damaged due to a side collision four years ago. They are currently rotting away in my storage

2nd: RW Rafala 17x7,5 ET20 + 17x9,5 ET20
                              Status: Still in my posession. These will become the main wheels for the car. Waiting for complete overhaul. Straight but some have curb rash damage. Need sanding down and coating/polishing. Still not sure which it will be. Open for suggestions tho...

3rd: BRABUS (apparently no BBS anymore) 16x8 ET15 + 16x10 ET10
                              Status: SOLD. Why? 16" is too small imho, and my RW's look quite similar AND are bigger. So that 1+1=3 was easy for me

Hope this clears some things up

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:21 AM.
                              Lucas
                              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Dutch language sounds like a drunk German trying to speak English, while on magic mushroom, eating Belgian waffles.

Comment

Working...
                                X