Murci Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murci Me

We’ll just skip right past the obvious Kanye West reference….wait, does that right there count? Crap.

Not too long ago, we received a call from a local pre-owned car dealership in Addison, Auto Gallery Chicago, regarding some maintenance work for one of their cars, a Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster. Now, this isn’t the LP 640 Murciélago — that was the second generation. This was before Lamborghini started adding numbers and letters into their names, thankfully, back when it was just the Murci. Its name comes from a very exceptional bullfighting bull (in following with Lamborghini tradition) that reportedly survived 28 sword strokes back in the 19th century. Whether it’s true or not, the bull on this blog is definitely living up to the namesake — aside from being the size of a yacht (or Honey Boo Boo’s mother; they’re about the same), it comes equipped with a 6.2L V12 motor capable of 572 bhp transferred to the ground through an all-wheel-drive system. In short, this car will screw with your notions of physics. This specific model is the Roadster, which means it has an open top that’s occasionally covered by a somewhat awkward-looking roof panel that will fly off the car at triple-digit speeds (hence the warning on the inside of the soft top).

In stock form, this car is definitely beastly. Tack on a few performance modifications, however, and it starts turning into something even more devilish. The previous owner of this car found it fit to attach a set of 360 Forged split 5-spoke wheels on each corner. Aesthetics weren’t the only thing in mind, though, as they also installed a Lorini exhaust to send the volume up to eleven. Hell, maybe it even goes higher than eleven; we haven’t checked, since we’re not about to sit around and rev a car when there’s work to be done.

Oh yes, there’s a good chunk of work to get done on this raging bull. Not only are we replacing spark plugs and coilpacks on the whole motor due to some misfires, but also we’re replacing the clutch on its e-Gear automated sequential transmission. The book time for this job is in the 40-hour range, as it requires a bit of deft maneuvering to get to the fun part. Therefore, seeing as how this is a relatively intensive job, we’ll be covering it with a bit of extra scrutiny; this way, you lovely readers be given good looks at a job that isn’t often covered in the Fluid fashion, if at all. We’re looking forward to getting underway, and the clutch should be arriving here at any moment from our good friends at Exotic Clutch Technologies.

All in all, this should be a great series for the Fluid MotorUnion blog, so stay tuned for updates with a little bit of Italian flavor, along with the other projects we currently have in the shop. Have a great day!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Why do Lambo owners insist on blacking out their tails. So fucking stupid.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      because raskar?

oh and exhaust tips are awkwardly shifted to the right, the wheels look like shit with the car color, black tails looks like shit and paint condition looks like shit.

congrats to whoever owns this!

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        Eh. With a blue exterior, it's not exactly a bad choice of color.

Originally posted by cbus mkv View Post
        because raskar?

oh and exhaust tips are awkwardly shifted to the right, the wheels look like shit with the car color, black tails looks like shit and paint condition looks like shit.

congrats to whoever owns this!
        Trust us, we know there are faults with the vehicle. We've given them a full list of what we think is necessary to get the car back to great condition, but so far they're only opting for the actual maintenance work, none of the aesthetic stuff. It's still not a small bill.

It could probably use a new custom exhaust, the more I think about it

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Is that the Lambo key? If yes, LOL at VAG for using a Volkswagen key.

Comment

and who u think own lambo^

Comment

Lol why is everybody bitching. Honestly who cares? Fluid Motor Union posted it here because it is interesting. Yes, the car looks like cock. But since we don't own it, or know the owner...... It doesn't matter. I doubt most of us could afford it anyways, even if, like I said, it looks terrible.
              IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Originally posted by knowledge View Post
                and who u think own lambo^
                That would be why he said "lol at VAG for using the same key"...
                Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                Lol why is everybody bitching. Honestly who cares? Fluid Motor Union posted it here because it is interesting. Yes, the car looks like cock. But since we don't own it, or know the owner...... It doesn't matter. I doubt most of us could afford it anyways, even if, like I said, it looks terrible.
                Yells at us for bitching. Bitches.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

No disrespect intended but I'm trying to comprehend why when someone needed work on their Lamborghini they called a shop that specializes in slamming BMWs. I just don't see the logic. It would be like sending your Piguet to be cleaned by the guy who changes watch batteries at the mall.

I haven't checked out your website or looked extensively through FMU's posts here but all I've seen are a few threads about a slammed e38 and some impressive exhaust work on other vehicles. Nothing close to exotic car maintenance. Do you work on exotics in the Chicago area? If so, which ones specifically?

(No I don't own a supercar, and if you think my post is unnecessary please delete it. I'm just inquiring whether or not this is a routine thing for FMU).

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                    No disrespect intended but I'm trying to comprehend why when someone needed work on their Lamborghini they called a shop that specializes in slamming BMWs. I just don't see the logic. It would be like sending your Piguet to be cleaned by the guy who changes watch batteries at the mall.

I haven't checked out your website or looked extensively through FMU's posts here but all I've seen are a few threads about a slammed e38 and some impressive exhaust work on other vehicles. Nothing close to exotic car maintenance. Do you work on exotics in the Chicago area? If so, which ones specifically?

(No I don't own a supercar, and if you think my post is unnecessary please delete it. I'm just inquiring whether or not this is a routine thing for FMU).
                    You need to look into what FMU actually does, as in read their other posts, and look through their blog... This is stupid.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Lambo. ......

Comment

If you need any help with the specifics of the Murci, feel free to PM me.

Misfire is most likely to be a spark plug (or plugs) under water.

Yes, the exhaust can get much, much louder. . . and tint looks better than early tail lights.

Comment

Looking forward to this.

Not your everyday oil-change.

Comment

Looking forward to this.

Not your everyday oil-change.

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post

No disrespect intended but you're an idiot.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                              X